ITT: movies you used to think were objectively good but actually are not

ITT: movies you used to think were objectively good but actually are not

No it's still good. You just fell for the pseudo patrician meme; Scorsese has been at the top of his game the last 15 years

Lynch movies.

Nicholson ruined everything

as a kid I was blown away by this, but I re-watched it recently as a 25 year old and its gay as fuck. the acting is terrible, the fight scenes are hilariously bad. the only thing it has anymore is OK sets and spaceships, its aged horribly.

Pulp Fiction

I loved it when I first saw it, and thought it was really good. But whenever I try to rewatch it I can't get more than a few minutes in. It just isn't that good. I think the reason people like it at first is because it is something new for them in terms of film experience, but once the novelty wears off it loses its enjoyment factor.

>slow, tedious, unnecessary dialogue
>stories that relate to each other but serve no real purpose
>the only interesting character, Butch Coolidge, has one episode, and is never seen again.
>there is no real ending to the story, besides the familiar "you get what is coming to you" theme
>generally unlikable characters, no clear backgrounds or development for any of them besides Butch.
That's just my take on it anyways. Try watching it again, it just isn't good.

You forget Tarantino's literal self-insert as the husband of a black woman and his awful acting.

Any Terrence Malick flick

you too

>You just fell for the pseudo patrician meme
same applies to
These are just good genre movies. Maybe they aren't super deep, but they do some great storytelling.

Any David Lynch flick

A clockwork orange. The tone was all wrong, it glorifies what the book criticized

Every Leonardo Dicraprio film ever

watch the cantonese kino instead

Also, Godfather 2. Shit's laughably bad if you know italian

Interesting, I watched it again and saw a completely different film within it and I liked it even more.

You first

Objectively wrong

The part with De Niro is terrible. Michael part is exellent.

>this stimulates the reddit-dwelling brainlet

The Departed was always shit.

It is though. Pretty much the only good movie Scorsese has done since Raging Bull.

Episode V and Rogue One(despite being a Halo Reach ripoff) are the only good Star Wars movies.

Jack was the best part of the movie

Bad guy named Sugar, wtf coens

Fight Club

That's not saying a lot.