How disgusting

How disgusting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rZ8mdRBs3rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, what a shitty flick.

It was.

Most overrated anime ever.

Nice empty buzzword, kid. Why don't you explain why you don't like it?

As a show, it is one of the few to effectively increase the threat of the recurring antagonists every time they show up in unique and interesting ways.

They could have be done with explaining the Adam and Eve thing and the eggs more though.

What's with the giant head?

Its pretentious and stupid af desu... perhaps the part of the salvation is pure abstract art, but is ruines by Shinjis incompentence and depression ruined all the joy of the never-ending happy forever after

It's complicated

Explain.

youtu.be/rZ8mdRBs3rg
>Get stuck in a comma in a giant bio-robot accident
>Pervy kid wanks off to your comatose tiddies
>The world ends and all human souls merge into one being
>Find out what the kid did since everyone shares one conciousness, and there for share memories
>The kid rejects sharing a soul and so do you
>You and the kid are now the last two people on Earth while everyone else floats around in shared conscience nothingness

How disgusting.

Sounds like you didn't get it

Is Shinji the only time a self insert was created to insult the writer instead of the other way around?

Shinji is what Anno used to be

its literally the last line of the film you moron

>never-ending happy forever after
Why don't you kill yourself if you want to have that ending? Clearly this world is not for you.

you don't watch a lot of movies, do you?

Why is this my favourite scene?

I would ask the same of you, considering you struggled to understand the fairly simple point of EoE.

kino

everyobody understand it. Although I guess some have trouble understanding how this shit is being praised by so many idiots

>everybody understand it.
This post suggests you didn't though

Is this ep 23?

Yeah.

But this scene is my favourite for some reason.

This

I always thought the scene where Shinji jacks off over Asuka was meant to represent how fans jacked off over Asuka, all the fan art etc. So I saw it as Anno insulting fans.

But in other cases Shinji is definitely a self hating self insert.

wow

Rei is still best girl

i agree

>WAAH Y NO HAPPY END

This is literally the infinite Tsukuyomi from naruto only even worse

Asuka fans only saw Asuka as spank-material, and EoE tells them off good.

What was his fucking problem?

His problem is that in just a few moments, Rei is going to utterly and completely destroy him and everything he ever fought to accomplish, right at the finish line.

Karma, that's his fucking problem.

really makes you think...

my exactly thoughts

Holy shit. So when people say, "Most overrated X ever" this is their level of understanding for X?
FUCKING KEK.

>protecting garbage Sup Forums reject spam bot threads
Fucking scum Sup Forumsedditor janny

No its not

Not that I agree with , but from a viewers perspective, excessive and unrealistic incompetence in the cast really makes any failures sort of pointless and lacking in impact.

It's one of the most beautiful commentaries on modern human life there is

Well the truth is,

>excessive and unrealistic incompetence
First of all where do you get this from? Shinji was actually pretty good when he was mentally stable enough. It's not that he is incompetent it's that he is fucking miserable.

Second of all EoEs impact isn't about Shinji failing to stop Instrumentality or anything so I don't see why that matters.

Fine, explain it. Clearly you know how to sum it up better than I could

Manga ending was comfy

Except the Infinite Tsukuyomi was slowly killing them.

Instrumentality allowed them to come back if they wanted to.

It was a different mode of existence rather than some ploy to exploit humanity for power.

He's incompetent in every sense of the word. He's a 14 year old with no combat training whatsoever, and with no experience in dealing with stressful situations where his life is at risk. He can't maintain his own equipment, he has no expertise on the enemies he is fighting.

If they could replace him with a remote trigger, they would. They even tried.

That said, he's a good boy and he did very well. I don't find him unrealistically or excessively incompetent given the situation. Like I said, I don't agree with . But in principle, characters that are unrealistically or excessively incompetent really ruin movie experiences for some people watching. With anime like Evangelion there is also the problem that people expect a cartoon to have a very competent main character, at least superficially competent or effectively comptent. (read. unrealistically lucky).

The scene sets up Shinji's despair for the rest of the movie.

Yet Anno is and will always be more talented than a Maoist hack like Godard.

The manga is comfy in general. Still need to read the last few chapters however

Nigga, the show explains why they had to use incompetent pilots. Were you paying attention?

The only one not paying attention is you, you fucking retarded nigger. Kill yourself.

Makes me fucking sick when redditors pretend this "director" who admits hes a talentless hack himself pretend he isn't one
Guys even worse than 2010s miike

That's pretty retarded in my opinion. Why would incompetence alone make you not want to watch a tv show? Especially when the show is perfectly aware Shinji has mental problems and the whole thing is about examining that. As well as all of the pilots. Also 14 year old pilots is a trope in Mecha Anime/Manga so I don't see why you would fault this show for having that? In fact this show takes that trope and flops it on it's head by making them go fucking insane which is probably more realistic considering what they face.

Excessive and unrealistic incompetence. I swear to god, are you guys even reading half of what I write? It's a general problem in most storytelling, books, movies, television series, what have you.

Like, somehow a soldier doesn't know how to fire his weapon, or a biologist taking off his helmet on an alien world to pet a slimy alien creature he has just found crawling out of an egg. That kind of thing.

I don't think the original Evangelion has this kind of problem. Shinji's incompetence is realistic, and to be expected.

tl;dr you are fucking retarded and every breath of oxygen you take is an insult to the work the worlds plant life spent producing it. I recommend suicide, as no one will ever miss you. Climb up somewhere high, and jump down on something sharp.

>excessive and unrealistic incompetence in the cast
They were exceedingly competent for 14 year old kids who had to pilot giant mechs.

Jesus fucking christ user. That is completely irrelevant to Evangelion so I don't even know why you mentioned it. I understand what you mean now but it seems so off-topic and pointless to even say that I don't know why you bothered posting it.

It's fairly obvious he's not the one that brought Shinji's incompetence up. Improve your reading comprehension

Wow I don't know, maybe discussing the techniques of storytelling and the pitfalls found in some of them isn't appropriate for a board discussing television and film.

Maybe it's a board for circlejerking about a twenty year old cartoon whom losers like you get triggered about if you hear a negative remark and your weeb pasttime mentioned in the same sentence, even if unrelated. I mean it, do kill yourself, or better, fuck off to Sup Forums.

Why even fucking mention it though if you think Evangelion does not have that problem? He basically just said, "Well Evangelion doesn't have this problem but other tv shows can." When literally nobody said that other tv shows can't have that problem.

Is it just me or is Gendo a cute?

I think you have autism.

You originally said:
>but from a viewers perspective, excessive and unrealistic incompetence in the cast really makes any failures sort of pointless and lacking in impact.
How am I not supposed to take that as a criticism of Evangelion? Keep in mind this was a reply chain talking about what was wrong with Evangelion. If you would have phrased it differently from the beginning maybe I could have seen what you meant.

...and if you hadn't been a triggered weebcunt, you'd see the points raised about the viewers expectations influencing what people find excessively incompetent or not. The strong, successful mecha pilot who does not complain is a cliche and something people wish to see, and this expectations makes people misjudge a very clear situation unless they think it through. Pretty obvious if you aren't a disgustting weeaboo brainlet.

What the fuck is your point? That Evangelion is bad because of that? I don't even know what you are arguing now. I understand that having an incompetent character and having nobody address it in the story would be off putting and maybe ruin the story but really only if the show doesn't address the incompetence.

>Why even fucking mention it though if you think Evangelion does not have that problem?
Because he's saying that it's a common occurrence for people to be put off by an incompetent or weak main character, even if makes perfect sense for them to be that way. You see these kinds of complaints about Eva all the time from people who completely missed the point of the show - "shinji was a pussy", "I wish shinji wasn't such a whiny bitch" etc.

>How am I not supposed to take that as a criticism of Evangelion?

The question is, how in the actual fuck would you take that as criticism of Evangelion when it doesn't directly address Evangelion, and only uses generic terms like "the audience" and whatnot?

I mean, how stupid are you? Especially when it's literally prefaced with "Not that I agree with ", which makes it clear that this is not a criticism?

You represent the worst of all mankind, you immediately interpret a discussion of a theme related to something you hold dear as an attack. You are fucking cancer and the world would be well rid of idiots like you.

>I don't even know what you are arguing now

You never did. Because you're either retarded, 12 years old, or criminally stupid. Why don't you just fuck off and instantly increase Sup Forums's quality?

I get that it's a common complaint but my point is that those people who say that are fucking wrong.

It sounded like he was saying that it is one criticism but not that he hates Evangelion. I was just saying that it isn't even a valid criticism. I wasn't even attacking him until he started telling me to kill myself.

You are the one behaving like a 12 year old.

That's it. You're autistic. I bet you like Asuka and voted Bernie/Hillary.

>my point is that those people who say that are fucking wrong
That's his point too

The option to kill yourself is still on the table. I suggest you give it a try.

THEN WHY EVEN DISAGREE. Fucking A I never even said he was a faggot and wrong I just said I don't understand people who would say that especially not about Evangelion. I don't know why you guys are acting like I was very upset.

>he gets this fucking mad at people talking about anime

Someone get this hothead out of here.

This is a misunderstanding. This post should clarify that it's "perceived excessive and unrealistic incompetence", not actual.

He's agreeing with you that this perception is due to a retarded trope.

I see that now. I don't see why he had to tell me to kill myself though. He could have just said he agreed but he was explaining why they felt that way.

He told you to kill yourself because you aren't an existence that is worth continuing. I thought he made that pretty clear as well.

People are quick to use angry words on this imageboard.

Oh look its another episode of 'smug redditor thinks he is smart' episode.
Embarrassing.

I always took the "how disgusting" line to be about humanity/themselves, and not necessarily for the jerking off incident (in grand scheme of things it was just a horny boy being a degenerate fag while the world collapsed). She caresses his face as she says it, and if you take the whole hedgehog dilemma into consideration, then to me it's slightly different (Shinji is a pussy faggot, and not a pervy faggot).

My interpretation was she was disgusted by having to be the one to acknowledge her feelings for Shinji, and that Shinji was still a stupid/brat/beta, and still hadn't sorted his shit out even at the end. Funny part is, even after seeing how huge of a beta he was, she still had feelings for him (which for a Type-A person like herself is the opposite of what she thinks she wants in a man).

Then considering how Anno bitches about how the Japanese are infantilized thanks to American occupation after WWII, which runs parallel to a lot of the bitching/complaining about millennial men being man children, not taking on responsibility for themselves/lives, et, then I believe it has a different meaning. Anno heavily draws from his own life, and probably felt like he was a Shinji growing up. So in other words, Anno was a beta, and much of the show is about beating up on betas telling them to man up even if their lives suck.

Shinji is basically the typical beta who is getting crippled by mental problems for understandable reasons, but eventually has to dig himself out of it. Couple that in with his Oedipal mommy issues (Rei/Misato)... and then Asuka sees all of this, and still cares about him after seeing how fucked up he is inside (and vise versa)... "How disgusting."

Asuka is absolute scum though, Shinji did good in throttling it. Even Asuka is so disgusted with herself that she's upset that he stopped.

yeah it's meant to be taken in hand with the first choking scene, and imo to be the reverse of how his imagined rejection there provides the final impetus to fully retreat emotionally (figuratively and literally into the cosmic womb)

Misato crying over Kaji broke my heart.

>Fuck some old hag
>Fuck her daughter some years later
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

It's definitely a tone setter

Oh am laughin. It was literally too deep for you fucking sperg

/ourguy/

>Gendo
>/ourguy/
>not Mr "REEEE, ROASTIES, GET OUT!"

They left a shit ton of plot holes, and betas still ate it up because they related to Shinji and liked waifus

>weebs think their is a hidden meaning behind those last words

Lmao

>They left a shit ton of plot holes
Such as?

What's your interpretation?

Such as my fist in your ass, faggot

So can you actually think of any plot holes?

He wanted to fuck his daughter

that this movie is stupid weebshit

Someone post the page of kaworu kissing shinji

You might be too stupid for it, user.

not that user, but I agree it was stupid weebshit

But that's not a valid criticism