HOLY SHIT THAT SUCKED DICK

Only made it half way. Why is it so much worse than the first?!

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/86014703
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck you little bitch

you sound like a thinskinned brainlet, go watch Robocop 2014 for the epin Samuel Jackson speeches, ya fucking idiot.

Robocop 2 was great actually you shitdick

It's hip to defend Robocop 2 these days, "oh at least it's not as bad as 3!!!" "At least it's not as bad as the reboot!!" Still a fucking piece of shit at the end of the day, it doesn't matter it stinks just a little less.

wait until you see ROBOCOP 3. it makes the second one look great in comparison. new bluray is great though. very honest director's commentary.

It's kino!

Manic Cop is better, watch that.

HAHA YEAH that little kid was a badass

NUKE ME BABY!

I thought this scene was a little excessive

vimeo.com/86014703

The finale is unironic Kino, you pleb.

If the first half of the movie wasn't so god damned bad I would have seen it

Well who knows?

Also third one is shit and reboot is just shit too.

It was one time thing.

WALK
WALK
LIKE A COP
EVERYBODY WALK LIKE A SUPERCOP
WHATCHU WANT IS WHAT I WANT

Robocop 2 was always a great film. It just wasn't as good as the original. But they still had Peter Weller and Daniel O'Herlihy, and Cain was the perfect foil to Robocop. While Gabriel Damon's character ended up being a misstep, it was a pretty daring chance that they took.

I loved it, it's just a shame that there's about 30 minutes in the latter half where RoboCop isn't in it.

>Robocop 2 was always a great film

It's the nature of films to not change once they've been made. What you've said is fucking ridiculous and so is your opinion

I kinda liked the robo-resurrected druggie villain desu.

I didn't say it BECAME a great film you stupid nigger, I said it was always one.

Lewis looks like THAT!?

i bet you're the type of person who hates on batman returns and jurassic park the lost world too eh?

robocop 2 is on-par with the first one, absolute kino. i like the humor they inserted the most. only bad thing about it is how "the old man" was suddenly a villain, since he was such a bro in the first.

Pro-circumcision propaganda.

>I said it was always one.

No fucking shit you dense motherfucker. There's no need to say it's always been a great film because movies don't change. It's fucking redundant.

So fucking true

No, retard, but opinions do change over time. You claiming that people are defending it now only because it contrasts well against the crap the series fell to is wrong. It was good before Robocop 3 was shit.

fun thing of this is that verhoeven could have done that

>You claiming that people are defending it now only because

That wasn't me

Then maybe you ought to pay attention to the conversation you jumped half-cocked into the middle of?

The opening scene of robocop 2 was pretty good. It was a step down as a whole but not nearly as ridiculous as robocop 3.

I wonder how much less I would like 2 if 3 never existed.

nigger what are you doing?

You're the one who thought I was someone else. Try paying attention dumbass

I wanted to like Robocop 2, but I hated how they handled Robocop himself. Granted, it's been several years, but as I recall he lost his humanity early on and that really irked me.

they all have bigger dicks than me

RoboCop 2 is a great movie.

This is the only real problem.

The first half hour is fantastic and on par with the first easily.

say what you want about the movie, I like Cain's robocop design.

I bet you like Robocop 3.

Fans of the movie are biased and will call it kino even though it's mediocre. Ignore these people, they don't even know, they don't even have the awareness to know it was awful.

Robocop 2 is like the highest budget Troma film ever made and it's awesome.

trollasthor strikes again! lololololol!

Nice samefagging, chief.

Not going to watch it, heard it's worse than 2, and 2 sucked dick

Scary as fuck desu

Robocop 2 was good. It was deeply flawed, and didnt have the irony and satire of the original, but it was still pretty good. It had interesting ideas that were poorly handled.

For example, in the first movie, the police were privatized after the city was unable to run the department anymore. in 2, they toyed with the idea of the whole city being privatized in the event that it actually went broke.

Also, there was merit to the idea that Bob Morton and his team were actually unknowlingly genius in their approach and design of the Robocop project. They actually had considered all angles of the project, especially from a psychological and marketing perspective. The notion that if a Human suddenly woke up in a robot body, with absolutely no recognizable humanity, even if you wiped their memories, their mind would not be able to take that kind of shock, and would crack. Which is why Robocop had Alex Murphy's face stretched over it's head, for the subconscious psychological health of the human brain, as well as the design, which from a marketing perspective, is easier to sell, because it looks like a guy in a suit, but also can't hurt psychologically.

he was also programmed very simply. it was just 3 directives. Uphold the law, protect the innocent and serve the public trust. 3 basic laws that made sure he did his job, but gave him the wiggle room nessecary to do it.

so when we see OCP try to duplicate the success but without paying any attention to Morton's research on psychology, (and clearly cutting corners in the technology aspect since they were all extremely crude robot bodies) we saw that all the subjects went nuts and killed themselves, leading them to require a psychopath who wouldnt be affected by the jarring transition.

but then they forgot to actually program him with restrictions like they did Robocop, while at the same time, almost ruining Robocop by trying to sanitize him with hundreds of committee designed PC family friendly directives.

I liked Robocain too, that whole fight they had and he was pretty terrifying

But man that movie was just so meanspirited and characterized poorly

Robocop 1 & 2 are so fucking awesome. Definition of kino.

Oh look, the sameposting fedora who hates the word "kino" has terrible taste. What a surprise.

id say the biggest problem was how OCP was done. they were within the realm of believability in 1. In 2 they became a cartoon villain. The Old man, was somewhat likable and charismatic in the original. He was a Reagan-like figure. Clearly a cutthroat businessman if he got to where he was, but not without a soft spot and an open ear.

in 2 he's practically twirling a mustache

I bet you loved the third one.

best stop motion puppetry going

Reddit

I think that's the man objective criticism you could make of it. They took the ending of Robocop where he went back to being Alex Murphy and pretty much completely disregarded it because they decided it would be more fun if he was just a robot killing machine.

For me, the stupid kid really drags the movie down. The part where Robocop holds the kid's hand while he's dying is just totally fucking stupid.

It was also kind of dumb that the Old Man seemed to no longer have any sense of humanity. He was seemingly kind of sympathetic in the first movie, and not at all in the sequel.

The great thing about this is that they could have legitimately done it in the movie and it would have worked.

Robocop is literally a 10/10 satire ala Showgirls or Starship Troopers. You just have to know it going in.

It probably wouldn't bother me as much today as it did when I watched it a decade ago, but I don't know if I'll ever try watching it again because of all the points you raised. They could have gone with a far more interesting direction.

you're saying he showed no humanity then shitting on the part where he showed some.

The first one was overrated as well.

Blame Frank Miller for writing the screenplay.

>But man that movie was just so meanspirited and characterized poorly

Agreed on the meanspiritedness. There was this thing in 80s / 90s movies with intense violent anger + cruel delight in death.

When youngfags here sometimes nostalgic for 80s action movies as if they were wholesome and traditional... really things are much safer and softer now.

I've traced that violent streak in the 80s to a couple things. There had already been bloody exploitation / splatter films, but in the 70s there was an increase in gangs and drug-related crime, and the (reasonable) sense that things were too permissive and drugs causing social decline. Also, the culture wars, between the permissive counterculture vs conservative middle American Silent Majority.

Due to this anxiety, high profile 'vigilante films' popped up in the 70s - Dirty Harry, Death Wish, Taxi Drive, that were like a dark, amoral version of conservatism. Being so fed up with crime you just fantasize about gunning the criminals down.

My take is these films started a trend of ruthlessness towards villains, where a movie is an excuse to watch violence, but a villain's badness is established first so you have an excuse to delight in Arnold taking them out with a quip.

80s action was this intensifying ruthless vigilante trend + the steroid aesthetic Arnold popularized, combined + the emergence of better practical effects that increased the trend of pyrotechnic spectacle.

With Verhoeven, this was already a formula, and he was half-joking, but I think he took a perverse delight in cruelty. I was always a bit disturbed by the way, for instance, Arnold's character in Total Recall just grabbed innocent bystanders to use as human shields during a public gunfight. I guess it was supposed to be funny but I always thought "what the fuck..."

Frank Miller wrote it
Some no name rewrote it
Irvin Kershner directed it

Different creative team

And no Millers original script wasn't any better, Avatar Press adapted it years ago and it was shit too

Kershner came late in to the project too, I believe. What kind of impact that has I don't know.

Spotted the manlet limp dick cuck libtard bait dubs pepe wojak cockmongler poster.