Land on a completely unknown planet that seemingly pops up on radar out of nowhere

>Land on a completely unknown planet that seemingly pops up on radar out of nowhere
>No idea what kind of fauna or faunus exists on it
>Don't wear protective suits
>Not even a mask
>Find alien technology
>Start touching everything you find

Were these really professional scientists and soldiers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also

>David is up to something suspicious
>Let him lead you to a dark cavern full of eggs
>Trust him that the eggs are harmless
>Go closer as one of them opens
>Look down
>What could possibly go wrong?

Darwinism.

bump

>elizabeth shaw emergency beacon
>land on a planet where you dont need a suit
>never have seen any hostile alien lifeforms in the history of space travel
>find a derelict spaceship
>2 deacons decimate your crew in 10 minutes

Nothing out of the ordinary.

The characters cant read minds and they didnt watch Prometheus (2012).

>Let him lead you to a dark cavern full of eggs
>Trust him that the eggs are harmless
>Go closer as one of them opens
>Look down
>What could possibly go wrong?

Do you understand that they just went through a near death event, from which only David saved them from? Do you understand that they think David is programmed the same way Walter is, which means he cant harm them?

Why do people purposefully not understand obvious fact.

And dont get me wrong. I hated the film. It was rushed with over-the-top action untypical for the franchise.

>land on a planet where you dont need a suit

It does not matter if there is breathable air. You don't expose yourself to an ecosystem you know nothing about. You have no idea what kind of plants, bugs, animals that live there. Two crew members got infected by the black spores because they were not wearing suits to isolate them. Of course then it wouldn't have been a movie.

>>elizabeth shaw emergency beacon
They had no idea that it was an emergency beacon. They found out it was her after they landed.

>Do you understand that they just went through a near death event, from which only David saved them from?

He had just found out that David had bred the creatures that killed many of his crew.

>Two crew members got infected by the black spores because they were not wearing suits to isolate them.

Again. In the entire history of the Weyland-Yutani space exploration, there was 0 cases of (hostile) alien lifeforms, EVER.

>He had just found out that David had bred the creatures that killed many of his crew.

Which is why he points his rifle at David up until he sees the eggs. Again, I hope this gets through to you. David is a corporation android, which looks EXACTLY like Walter. He doesnt know that David is the original android, who has no programming which prevents him from killing/hurting/endangering humans.

Just let it go man. The film was shit regardless.

>scan of planet doesn't reveal huge city a few hours walk away from landing cite

>land on planet
>immediately split up everyone
>half of platoon dies
>take refuge in alien tomb
>"Sir I need to go clean up"
>"Ok but don't go to far, we can't afford to lose anyone else
>goes so far that no one hears her death curdling scream in tunnel system of long hallways

Mfw

They scanned for elements and chemical composition.

>being this retarded

Good point. They said the planet was just like earth, very habitable, possibly even more so than their original destination When they get closer however, they learn that planet is often beset by huge and powerful storms that can last up to months.

Yeah, very habitable.

?

Don't waste your time.

This was so fucking retarded... what were they thinking

I'll take probes for 500 Alex.

Ah the classic "split up and get taken out one by one" trope.

>" I need to clean up.
>"Don't go alone. Take dude and user with you

I mean, sure they might still get killed, but 3 people with guns ready stand a better chance than a girl with her guard down and her pistol holstered.

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
no they were retards. that's why earth paid for them to go far away

they had advanced scanners, mate.

they knew the air was breathable

also i think ridley did it just to piss people like you off

Advanced scanners that can't pick up the civilization of the engineers, or the huge storms.

In the book Walter goes out and tests the air first.

Exactly they are being hunted by aliens that just killed half the team and he lets the robot go off alone and that other chick go off alone completely splits up the remainder of the squad. Was his character meant to be that stupid or what?

Stop spamming EVERY Covenant thread with your shitty video.

What is this trend of things being explained in books that come out with the film now?

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?

I guess Ridley really like to piss people off, that must be why he didn't make a good movie since 10 years

it only scans the molecules in the atmosphere.

>>Again. In the entire history of the Weyland-Yutani space exploration, there was 0 cases of (hostile) alien lifeforms, EVER.

"let's not take any precautions, I'm sure this perfectly hospitable yet completely unknown planet is totally safe. it worked out every time so far!"

>In the entire history of the Weyland-Yutani space exploration, there was 0 cases of (hostile) alien lifeforms, EVER
There are countless cases of hostile alien lifeforms her eon earth, which have on several occasions almost wiped out the human race.

You are dumb as a rock.

>it's not like we were in charge of big spaceship full of people and a super important mission or anything

EXPLAIN THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT TO ME RIGHT NOW YOU FAT FUCKS

THE ALIEN GOD THAT MADE HUMAN LIFE JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE A DOCKING AREA WERE THE SHIP COULD DROP ITS FUCKING PAY LOAD RIGHT ON TOP OF THE ALIEN GODS.

RIGHT ON TOP OF THE ONLY FUCKING TOWN ON THE PLANET IN PERFECT ALIGNMENT WITH THE HOLE IN THE SHIP THAT DROPS BLACK GOO

stop spamming every covenant thread by replying to my shitty video

If you landed on a planet light years away from earth and knew you could breathe in the atmosphere, why would you be worried about pathogens? Everything would have evolved completely independently from us and therefore be if zero risk to us. Ridley could have explored this since the colonists don't know about engineers and shut up nitpickers while making the film better but whatever

I was bothered that they sent so many people in cryo sleep for so many years and only leave ONE android to watch them up. They should at least have a team of androids.

Also, the colonist pods were secured poorly. A lot of them fell to the ground when the ship shook.

also

>aliens behave like a hive in all movies
>alwaya a queen directing them
>suddenly they work/think as individuals

>Everything would have evolved completely independently from us and therefore be if zero risk to us

That's not how it works.

the queen was only in the second movie and never mentioned again

YOU ARE A SPACE GOD

YOU HAVE ONE TOWN

YOU HAVE A CHEMICAL ON A SHIP THAT CAN KILL YOU

YOU BUILD A DOCKING BAY RIGHT ON TOP OF YOUR ONE TOWN

YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE FUCKING PLACE IN DIRECT ALIGNMENT OF THE THING THAT CAN KILL YOU

NO ONE IS THIS FUCKING RETARDED.

PEOPLE JUST MAKE SHIT MOVIES AND TOSS IN SOME NIGGERS THINKING IT WOULD CASH IN THAT IS WHY THIS FUCKING SHIT SHOW MADE LESS THEN PROMETHEUS

It was in the third and fourth movies too, and Alien Vs Predator.

The Bald White Guys weren't Engineers if you noticed. They were some sort of Engineer / human hybrid. They were a slave race of the Engineers that had regressed scientifically after the Engineers left.

That Slave Race had a Space Port, and even presumably Anti-Air defense (some of the buildings looked like guns).

They though David's ship was the Engineers returning. David was Docking at the Floating Monolith. Presumably once David killed everyone the Anti-air defenses kicked in then shot down the ship.

This is correct. Whenever they have a queen around she commands her brood with pheromones and electromagnetic signals.

Whenever there isn't a queen around the Xenos are free to act however they want. Usually this involves them killing everything within a few square miles of then. With out a queen they basically just try to survive until they find a queen, or In AVP they will develop sexual organs of their own then try to reproduce in horrific manners

What are you even trying to say? That's clearly just the docking area for the spaceship, and they greet it with excitement like their Neil Armstrong is returning from the moon. We already know the ship isn't unique since there's another one in the original movies.

Are you really trying to imply that they built a dock specifically for the spaceship that destroys civilizations with the black goo drops? If so I might have some scary news for you: you know how airplanes here on earth are sometimes used to drop bombs on people? Airplanes land in airports.

In crazy man's defense, not many airports are right in the middle of heavily populated cities. They tend to be on the out skirts.

Ripley mentions that she's carrying a queen in Alien 3. Also the obvious queen from Alien Resurrection and kill yourself

At least they let aircraft on earth check in and wont clear it to land before they do.

It was the same ship as the movie before. If you didn't notice that you are not the one to be pointing fingers.

>Is there air?! You don't know!

Alien, Prometheus, and Covenant are the only pieces of media that don't include a Queen.

>Faunus