This was quite tense and actually really entertaining. Why so much h8?

This was quite tense and actually really entertaining. Why so much h8?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNpmMWqcRh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that your first sci fi thriller? It was total shit from the characters to the alien design to the ending. I find it baffling you would describe a predictable generic trope fest as tense.

Nothing was really, it just felt plain.

>It was total shit

Elegant, eloquent and elaborate criticism.

Welcome to Sup Forums OP.

Why not?

High mediocre fun, one-time watch, kino ending. It was rather nostalgic for me. Like some old 1980s sci-fi without 10 quips a second.

If you thought it was shit, why even finish it?

It was very good, but I felt like I've seen this movie 20 times before.

Very basic and cliche but still worth a watch. I liked it.

It was boring and recycled as fuck, that ending being the worst offender.

Well directed and acted but cliche as fuck

I don't really have any strong feelings about the matter. It felt like the creature got too intelligent too quickly.

reddit doesnt like it, so all the redditor kids here wont like it either

With that amount of brain power it is no wonder it wasn't more intelligent. It should have been able to understand their language, if it could hear sound, by the end of the movie. It just needed more experience.

It's less than two hours long, so why not finish it. I can also give legitimate grievances about it, since I sat through the entire thing.

What brianpower? When it broke the waldo to pierce the glove to kill Black Man it didn't even seem to have a brain.

Because Sup Forums judges a movie by whether they liked the actions of the characters or not

Because the movie actually gives off the impression it might be decent for the first thirty minutes. After that you are just on board because your thirty minutes into it.
>Millennials grew up with such shitty material they think this bland pile of shit with the most boring alien ever is a good movie
There is no hope for the future of media.

Just watched it, the ending was too obvious. Of course the evac pod landing on Earth contained the alien.

It's weird how movies like this or The Martian or Gravity are all pretty grounded in real space technology but somehow feel less true to life than a movie like Alien

It was great in the beginning right up to the point where goofy ass ryan reynolds runs inside with a flamethrower being retarded. Then the movie turns to shit. After he dies, and the alien escapes the room, they are all just sitting around like no big deal. Even sharing some smiles.

What does the ayy lmao look like anyways?

this. everything is just super average. it was a fun watch though, i've been telling people that ask that it's worth a watch if they like sci-fi/alien movies.

>Amorphous blob

Eh.

>It was boring and recycled as fuck, that ending being the worst offender.
let me guess, it gets to earth?

Yes

what a tweeeeest

It was okay, 7/10. And while I liked the ending, it was too predictable.
The nigger mentioned it once, basically the alien whole body is brain/muscle at the same time.

>only 2 people are alive
>they are going to die eventually
>you know what, I got the brilliant idea to use the escape spaceships JUST NOW, after 4 of our companions died and hulk goo got out of control
>alright, lets do it
>me, the guy, will make a manly sacrifice, take the alien to my ship and lead it to outer space, you, the woman, will take another ship and escape to Earth
>holy shit you cant sacrifice yourself thats too dangerous and sad and its just impossible I wont let you do such thing theres just no way okay, lets do it
>both get in their ships
>one gets to outer space, another attempts to land on Earth
>the camera avoids to show too much background, its obvious they are trying to hide that the spaceship with the alien is crossing the atmosphere
>this "suspense" goes on for 5 minutes, gets even more obvious by the second
>turns out the ship that headed Earth landed safely on sea and some chink fisherman finds it
>theres alien goo everywhere and a guy trapped inside in middle of the goo screaming "dont open it", for whatever reason his screams are audible outside
>chink opens the door
>camera changes to the other ship heading to middle of fucking nowhere in space
>[crying and screaming woman noises intensifies]

Quality shilling, OP.

It was literally putrid shit. The alien was the most Disney kid friendly shit I've ever seen and the entire crew acted like braindead retards.

>>Chick mentions firewall protocols all the time
Scientist pokes alien blob, protected by a thin glove...

>>Ryan Reynolds dies
The just sort of sit around and do nothing

>>We only close the ducts one by one!
In a lab that was supposed to be sealed...

>>We've lost communication!
No back up comms whatsoever

The earth company doesn't send a something to destroy the place after their pushing plan doesn't work.

So many holes in the storyline

The good pod gets lost in space and the bad pod lands safely on earth. And the way it's filmed just gives it away from the get go, in case you didn't see this type of ending a dozen times in your life already.
>the alien whole body is brain/muscle at the same time.
And "perception", which makes it really dumb that he later grows a head.

It becomes less amorphous as the movie goes on. It forms from a single cell to become this towards the end

youtube.com/watch?v=vNpmMWqcRh0

>The earth company doesn't send a something to destroy the place after their pushing plan doesn't work.
This triggered my autism. The message that the alien got out of control reached Earth for sure, what did they do? Send another manned ship to push the first spaceship to outer space. Fucking no, every 1st world country would have gone full MURICA on the fucker.
>which makes it really dumb that he later grows a head.
Right, I didnt notice that, good catch.

>The earth company

NASA?

And yet, the movie is still better than Covenant.

>this piece of shit is better than that piece of shit
Fuck off with your movie wars.

It isn't. I almost fell asleep during Covenant. I thought that nothing could be worse than that. I literally fell asleep during Life.

>send 2nd ship that's obviously designed for the express purpose of pushing the ISS out into deep space
>have total knowledge that the alien is loose and the crew is in total panic and it's chaos onboard
>don't even bother to install and use locks on your spaceship
>1 panicked jap puts an end to all life on earth because they didn't lock the door

That was the worst part for me, but it was all bad. I would describe the crew's attitude after the first death / escape of the alien into the ship as 'non-chalant'. "The communications are all down, all the time" shit was tired.

2 good scenes- ryans death and the ending. rest is garbage

I'm curious, how is the ending any good? That kind of twist has been done plenty of time, and in Life it's really super obvious.

That's makes it more shit for me, to be honest I liked Calvin's first look (this one). It looks more organic and because of its size more parasitic in nature. The bigger the more of a chance to actually see it in a closed in environment.

It's shit cause the director makes it seem like he had to get fucked up the ass to make it happened. For god sake the crappy oh know doom and gloom ending is not a fucking achievement anymore, but this fucking new age director feel like they are being so smart and edgy.

>This
>Grounded in reality
Do you realize how fast that probe carrying the sample was going, it would have blown the arm clean off the station.
Everything a"scientific" after that was even more idiotic than the last.

It gets much worse, like a stupid butterfly thing. It's easily the least menacing looking deadly alien ever.

>Space Station no doubt being closely monitored by US/Chinese/Russian governments
>Military jets don't intercept the lifepod and blow it out of the sky

thumbnail looks like used condoms

I don't like sci fi too much.

Is it at least a good thriller? Thinking of renting it for a buck.

It was boring, once they were both the only two alive I basically just started skipping to find out the end. Pretty cool ending, but otherwise just a boring, run of the mill sci-fi thriller with nothing new or interesting. Am I to believe that a shitty little monster like that would wipe out life on Earth?

Better than the latest Alien

Unless its reproducing, how the fuck can that little shit wipe out the entire planet?