Brexit farmers are out in force shilling for

gibmees from the British government post-Brexit.

Can't have a gibmees gap!

Man, I hate farmers so much. Hate! Hate! Hate! They are the biggest welfare queens out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGWS8ATWcjM
economist.com/node/1365334
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can I please have some of those white farmers?

>NEWS: Parliament decided to stop helping someone and pretends it's somehow brexit's fault
>Guy who voted brexit regrets it!
Pitiful
Journalists need to be hanged.

youtube.com/watch?v=RGWS8ATWcjM

in switzerland the farmer get 2.9 billions (2014) from the gov, and there are still not be able, to produce more then 30% food for the peoples... we need import the basic agricultural products for living... most farmer are lazy as fuck

In Germany we have the problem that they have been overproducing milk for decades now - and instead of stopping to be retarded they go and beg for money to get them out of this mess from the government every single time.

Fucking morons.

>fucking morons

Its working. They get rich off of your tax money. Who is the moron?

Dwarfs can't into farming

>I don't know shit about farming so I'll call farmers lazy when they can't meet my arbitrary and absurd standard

They because none of them is actually getting rich. Instead they waste their time producing for an over-saturated market just to get some pity pennies from the government in the end.

farmer produce milk, because that is easy... supply and demand, first thing we learn at school, but farmer won't produce others, our gov pay extra to export milk and butter... if they pissed off, they block with tractor some roads ore gov buildings an cry they need more money

Not to mention the fact that those subsidies could be axed any day. Not a clever long term business decision.

Start fucking growing stuff then, don't just let your fields be empty and wait for handouts.

If you grow food you can sell it for profit, it is quite a remarkable thing!

>If you grow food you can sell it for profit, it is quite a remarkable thing!

Actually, European farmers are so inefficient, they make a loss on every single crop they grow. Which is why they have set up a system that gives them money for not growing crops, so that prices are held artificially high for the few farmers which actually grow crops and raise lifestock.

Why grow things people actually need instead of producing products for an oversaturated market while leeching off the government?

farmer in switzerland are rich, they can sell land (tax free)... the most work, do the auxiliary worker from portugal, poland, etc. 95% they get pay for 5.-/h (that 2 coffee in restaurants).

Farmers are welfare queen cucks.

Free the market.

Allow vertical farming and large scale automated farms.

So you want state run farms?

Farming is like flood insurance.....necessary but not very profitable.

So either the state helps out or the state does it.

You cannot redpill farming user.

>be german
>get axed

>Farming is like flood insurance.....necessary but not very profitable.
I assume you are a farmer, right?

Farmer is neither necessary nor flood insurance.

If a country is worried about starvation, they just need to stockpile 1 year supply of 100yr storable beans, crops etc. If for some weird reason, no food can be imported any more, it will take less than 1 yr to start farming again to supply the population.

made me chuckle

>but not very profitable.
It produces one of the most fundamental needs a human has and unless you are heavily overproducing people will always buy it.

If you still can't make a profit from it there is obviously something seriously wrong.

Actually, he axed a Chinese family.

snackbar can't do anything right.

farmers are the biggest leeches that exist outside the financial sector

Because the good times are coming to an end.

they need indoor fields, but they don't want this kind of farming, becaus muuuhhh freedome tractor driveing.

problem is also, if one farmer make somthing new, the other act like bitches and want to sabotage them (most with excrement...)

are farmers in the us retarded too?

So I assume you would rather be on chinese or indian food assistance?

Governments protect their farmers for the safety of the country, so that you will be self sufficient in regard to food inistead of relying on foreign cunts

European agriculture is so fucked up.
Our government (also fucked up) TAXES the shit out of farmers rather than giving them money, they even had export taxes until last year, yet they manage to outcompete yours.
I don't get it.

Land prices and wages are kinda expensive here too

In us you have for this problem, a lot of monsanto chemical, so every primacy can do the job...

fuck them

These people should get into another industry if the market doesn't support their bullshit.

Basically what they want is welfare, while pretending they're producing shit.

Fuck them.

>Governments protect their farmers
They absolutely shouldn't.

It fucks over consumers and raises prices.

>So either the state helps out or the state does it.
That is a completely moronic conclusion. The result would be a slightly increase in food prices, which would be offset by the decrease in subsidies. Food production is profitable in America, making subsidies unnecessary.

I honestly don't blame them.
They have to compete with heavily subsidized farmers on the mainland.

That's the real problem with subsidies: you have to abolish them everywhere simultaneously or the market gets fucked up.

Brexit still means Britain as a whole will have to pay less farming subsidies.
And also they can stop paying farming subsidies to golf courses and palace gardens.

Fine. You can depend on african farmers as long as they will allow you to eat

In France they actually want inefficient farms.
They believe it's part of their culture.

Ironically we (Netherlands) get pretty much the least farming subsidies of all EU countries, yet we are the most competitive.

Subsidies breed inefficiency.
Lack of subsidies forces you to innovate.

it's like africa, if you give money, they make not any progress, they only buy new toys or do other shit and stress other peoples...

they could make a company with normal working hours etc, but no farmer want to be employee...

>European farmers are so inefficient, they make a loss on every single crop they grow

You dumb cunt, famers make a loss because it's costs more to produce food than people are willing to pay. If farmers sold their shit for a profit then the price of meat would triple overnight. That's why they get money from the EU, otherwise the price of food would go through the roof and there would be riots in the streets.

>Governments protect their farmers for the safety of the country, so that you will be self sufficient in regard to food inistead of relying on foreign cunts

I'm all for being self-sufficient.
But the EU is a net food exporter, so we could at least reduce subsidies and still be self sufficient.

What the fuck are you talking about? Firstly, I don't think anyone cares where the food comes from at a certain prices as long as quality is maintained. Secondly, if the agriculture couldn't be maintained in Canada, (which is unlikely), they would get food from the US.

Your whole agriculture situation is fucked up desu.

>farmers grow too much food for market stabiity
>niggers can't afford food

Any reasonable government would solve these problems by taking the following steps
>buy excess food from farmers at reduced price
>use this surplus to supply food banks with fresh domestically-grown produce

What the federal government does is this
>raise taxes to pay farmers to leave X percentage of their fields unsown
>raise taxes yet again, give the money to starving niggers so they can buy junk food and coca cola

End result, same as first solution, except niggers are less healthy, ordinary people have had their taxes raised twice over, and you're in the patently absurd situation of paying farmers not to do their jobs.

American farms are some of the most heavily subsidized farms. Corn is subsidized, and so are many other crops such as soy bean. That is why American farmers produce roughly 30% of all the corn supply in the world.

I'm sure what you mean by retarded, but we have outdated and regressive agriculture laws as well.

>You dumb cunt, famers make a loss because it's costs more to produce food than people are willing to pay. If farmers sold their shit for a profit then the price of meat would triple overnight. That's why they get money from the EU, otherwise the price of food would go through the roof and there would be riots in the streets.

That is not how the free market works. The EU pays shit tons of money to subsidize farmers, which then overproduce, which in turn lowers prices, which they hate - as a result the EU pays even more so that lots of farmers don't do any farming, literally giving gibmees for sitting on their fat asses.

And why? All because of some world war fear of being dependent on African crop and meat imports.

And I consider this a completely regrettable situation. The American taxpayer should not be forced to subsidize corn production, especially if the agricultural companies are already profitable.

the worst thing isn't the subsidies. they always whine and aggressively attack anyone who says this or that should change in agriculture. they don't see people as customers or tax payers that have a right to be involved in how agriculture, an industry that uses half the country, works. they have this mindset that they are gods and everyone needs to worship them and be grateful that they are fed by their masters, pay them and shut up.

With the high minimum wages we have here and the amount of taxes we got farmers can't sustain themselves.

How are minimum wages effecting farmers??? 90% of our farmers don't employ anyone - they have family farms.

>Man, I hate farmers so much. Hate! Hate! Hate! They are the biggest welfare queens out there.
Agreed, but think about WHY that is.

Is it a matter of national security that we produce our own food?

Otherwise, it will be completely offshored. UK farmers would likely go out of business without subsidies. Certainly, small farmers would. (And diversity of crops is also good for security).

In a perfectly free market world, most western europe farmers would go out of business over night.

t. person from Britbong farming family

Netherlands isn't 3rd world.

It's mostly Polish immigrants who do all the work here.

Some do require a lot of labor when harvesting and taking care of the plants like asparagus. I don't know how you expect companies to compete who have to shell out 9,30 euros per person when in another country they can have people running around for 2 euros.

Even if that were true, people aren't going to starve themselves because farming becomes more expensive. Food prices would just increase, and slightly as that. Unless you have a completely retarded country that wouldn't pay more for food if it were necessary to survive.

>eat food
>hate farmers
HAHAHAHHAHA

peoples don't buy direct from farmers, the big money made the food market. Peoples must pay the prices in the food market, noone knows, how much the market pay the farmer...

i don't agree with all attacks on farmers though. some people apparently want to make the bad things worse. like efficiency at all costs (doesn't have to mean unhealthy or bad for the environment but in reality often does) or free market at all costs (imports). or they defend meat subsidies, when in fact honest prices would be a good thing.

>be farmer
>government collapses
>still be farmer
>ignore plebs
>start new government

That's kind of silly though. UK, like France are net contributors to the EU. So they could provide the same amount of subsidies to farmers and still save money by being out of the EU.

I can't wait for the endless Leftist propaganda once Trump is elected.

Of course not, but you want your agriculture to not die out and a "small" increase like a euro or 2 does matter for people because if you have 50 things with that increase people will start saving money somehow.

I am fine with eating food from Niger or Chad.

I don't think my taxes should go to fat farmers who drive big Mercedes or BMWs.

Fuck off mongoloid, farmers must be Groß

Pretty sure the UK subsidized its farmers long before the EU was a thing.

The UK would be smart to cut welfare to pretty much everyone, institute slavery and blame the EU for it.

The increase wouldn't be that large. Trying to lower food prices through subsidies is economically retarded.

Even if the shock would be too great, you would just gradually lower subsidies.

>So they could provide the same amount of subsidies to farmers and still save money by being out of the EU.
In theory, yes. In practice, the Brexiteers promised to hand all the EU contributions to the NHS and kill all the farmer subsidies.

even if it's joking, it's what i was talking about they literally think people don't have a right to disagree with them. it's crazy

>have a bank account
>criticize the banking industry

We farmers need new yachts and mansions.

That's an American farmer.

EU farmer:
>be """""farmer"""""
>don't grow any crops becasue you get subsidies for the amount of land you own, not how much you preduce
>government collapses
>starve to death becasue you have no clue how to farm.

>I didn't do any research into the possible consequences of my vote winning

Are farmers dumb? I'm a Leave voter but how can you not do some basic research on your own fucking profession? Don't they know where they get subsidies from?

It's about the outside competition, it will be more benificial for people and they'll choose that.
You have to lower taxes or use subsidies, people aren't just going to buy local foods to support the farmers or something.
And you want your local food production just in case basically.

Agriculture is owed by the state the same attention as industry; if both do not go hand in hand, the strength of one will not suffice for a lack in the other.
t. Bismarck

Even worse, they sell the surplus food they buy to Third World countries at low prices which completely fucks over farmers in those countries.
economist.com/node/1365334

I think they just want the UK government to copy the EU subsidies.

It would mean less money gets wasted on the EU bureaucracy and all money is spend on British farmers instead of lazy Frenchies.

Which is a reasonable demand.

>snackbars pissing off China

It would be glorious

>It's about the outside competition, it will be more benificial for people and they'll choose that.
Protectionism isn't beneficial for any country. People should not be taxed so companies can afford to less efficiently provide commodities.

>You have to lower taxes or use subsidies, people aren't just going to buy local foods to support the farmers or something.
That's too fucking bad. By this logic, all trade with other countries should cease because every service could be something provided by an entity within the same country.

>And you want your local food production just in case basically.
The likelihood of this happening is extraordinarily small and isn't worth subsidizing industries for that purpose. If Armageddon happens, you won't be able to get food anywhere if you're still alive, so that helps little.

People here own farming land for two reasons
>tax evasion
>farming subsidies

France loses on average 6 billion euros in the Union every year. We get fucked over too...

>It would mean less money gets wasted on the EU bureaucracy

Sure thing, because replicating the government bureaucracy for a national subsidy scheme will be a lot cheaper than paying 15% of the EU bureaucracy paying out money for the EU wide scheme.

The whole EU bureaucracy for agriculture costs just a few million. The Queen gets more EU subsidies than that.

>France loses on average 6 billion euros in the Union every year. We get fucked over too...
You are paying it to poor countries in the East and South. Why? Because this way France can exploit those regions by exporting your goods there and attracting their bright young people.

Not to CAP

Don't forget
>Cockblocking local planning applications for new housing
>Perpetuating the housing price crisis

>Vote to leave EU
>Regret leaving EU
Bravo Brits

My family owns a farm in northern england, had to make a choice to either expand or die to make any profit against the larger mass producing mega farms that can make profit on a lower milk price. Family all invested heaps on a new parlour system but the milk price is still shit to make much back and pay off the loan.

They all voted leave and are happy, as of yesterday they said the future looks bright as english milk is far better than the competition and demand looks to increase from the rest of europe. Chin up lads.

>The whole EU bureaucracy for agriculture costs just a few million.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It says "brexit subsides" you twat

You're not looking too hot either with all those migrants, Abdul.

>run from mudslimes
>into the arms of the chink

limey's really are a metaphor for their hapless football teams!

Cap is also part of the of the overall EU budget. France is and has always been the second largest net contributor behind Germany.

>>The whole EU bureaucracy for agriculture costs just a few million.
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What are you talking about? The EU spends about 8 billion on admin, most of which on the parliament and on non-agriculture shit for the EU Commission. The CAP admin is performed by less than 1000 civil servants at the EU commission costing millions, not billions.

You are a dumbass.

He overstates his case, but his point is correct in saying that farmers shouldn't be subsidizes merely for emergency purposes.

EU milk prices won't go up any time soon.

The prices are so low because the EU just released restrictions on production, allowing farmers to produce as much as they like.
There is simply more supply than demand, and it will stay this way until enough farms go bankrupt to balance supply and demand.

tl;dr: your family is going to lose that farm.

Which happens alot.

Then people bitch and moan about food prices going up. (You dumb fuckers forget the 80s?) Then a subsidy is passed because FOOD is fucking important.

> believes british meat feeds the people
this is the biggest joke of all

I like you

Me too, m8
>millionaires in good times
>parasites in bad times

Where else would we get horse meat at the price of hamburger?

So in your make believe world what happens when the price of corn plummits? Just let all these farms go under? Who the fuck grows food the next season? You down with shit getting crazy expensive and people starving?

Or how about the gov just spends some cash and keeps that from happening eh?

Google this shit. There was literally armed fighting in the US in the 80s because of this shit.

>Independent

Fuck those cuck shills.

Belgium.

It's where all the horses of teenage girls go to get slaughtered once the teenage girls get bored with horses and want Jamal's cock instead.