Voltron Talkback #5

So we all agree that this character is the best part of the show right?

Also Rate it...

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10462842
youtube.com/watch?v=1uCciEhtzGU
youtube.com/watch?v=eO_CmTds74w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vehicle Voltron should either be RV-rabo or Dekaranger Robo inspired.

Listen to me, Sup Forums, throughout the episodes they keep asking how the evil empire or whatever keeps finding them, and I've figured it all out. This motherfucker is a turn-coat.

Notice how he slipped away in the mines?

When the princess asks how they keep finding them the camera lingers on him for just long enough?

How he doesn't even look at the king's AI when he ecorts the princess out of the holocron-room?

Fuck he probably was a traitor back 10.000 years ago.

So, where do you guys think the team ended up?
I feel like splitting everyone up into individual places would be a lot to cover. But it kinda reminds me of the One Piece time skip.

I feel like they're going to be paired off.

Well, I suppose that's possible. But he's such a fun guy. I've kinda come to like this team. Does there have to be a traitor?

So I'm lost, is the theory that the main bad guy is the original Black Paladin?

the single biome planets seen in the opening.

Nah, it's probably Shiro's arm fucking everything up.

>Paired off
It's like you're inviting discussion

Continued Shiro/Pidge adventures when?

I mean isn't the fact that the evil guys know the whereabout a hint towards that? It is brought up, like, 5 times in 13 episodes.

Yes, that is the theory based on the fact that he says he is, has the black bayard, and has a strong enough connection with the black lion that he can overpower Shiro's control and will Voltron to fall apart.

We Ronin Warriors now?

I hope Haggar gets Cova back.

Her having an adored pet showed empathy, even if it was small. Like Mum-Ra and Ma-Mutt.

Yep. He's got a Bayard like device that morphs just like the others, and Allura said the Black Paladin's was lost with his last user. And he keeps claiming that soon Voltron/the Black lion will be back with it's original owner.

I'm inviting discussion that isn't about who wants to fuck Pidge. No one wants to fuck Pidge. Reverse trap is horrible.

Guys, I'm getting a ThunderCats 2011 vibe from this show. I can't go through that again. I still haven't fully recovered.

It's a reverse Thundercats 2k11. In that it's good instead of bad.

I'm curious as to what the blue and green Bayard do in Voltron form.

By the last episode it's not just a theory anymore.

Speaking of which, how did Shiro get into the Black Lion at the end? Did he just remote control it away from Zarkon's proximity so he could get back into it, or was he really able to sneak back into it during Zarkon's fight with Keith and miraculously not get blown up in the process?

Pls Dos Santos, you have dragged me through the desert and must now fulfill my thirst.

I tended to like that in 80's villains, even if it was just usually due to marketing.

It actually avoids that catastrophe by keeping the writing team fucking consistent between the pilot and the main series. In other words, it lives up to the promise of its potential.

My guess is
>Blue Bayard give Voltron a freeze gun or a lance
>Green Bayard is a whip and hook/blade

But it's the opposite, in that it's got a weak pilot episode but gets way better after that.
OH WHISKERS

The Lions have some autonomy and Shiro linked up to his lion with the least difficulty so it stands to reason they're simpatico regardless of situation, plus, I bet the Black Lion doesn't appropriate one of its former pilots being an asshole.

VERY IMPORTANT POLL!!!

strawpoll.me/10462842

From what I remember Thundercats 2011 was decent. Iss the general consensoius that it was awful?

>meme

I see you misspelled "true love".

Generally yes, personally I found it a little boring apart from one or two episodes after the pilot.

You're remembering it wrong.

It was literally Everybody hates Lion-O. Aka, Everybody loves Tigra.

Also, relationship crap and cucking in spades

>appropriate
*Appreciate

Do you think the lions really care? Seems like the only one with a opinion was Red lion, who let Keith get sucked out a air lock before saying "Alright...good enough."

When people use meme now, is it to infer that it is somehow false? Memes describe legitimate things.

Pilot episode was good, afterwards it was terrible aside from some of the lore-heavier episodes.

>That many votes for Shiro/Pidge
You guys have a real size fetishism thing, going on, huh? The two characters most likely never having love interests, and you pair them together. They aren't even near the same age!

I hope the show goes into some actual backstory for the villains. We only got snippets of their reasons in the original.

Also Haggar was a cute.

Blue and Yellow cared enough to save Hunk and Lance on their own.

Lance/Pidge is pretty memetic but cute. The white hair on Shiro makes me uncomfortable pairing him with her.

Shiro's white hair is stupid in general.

Black and Green saved Shiro and Pidge in ep3.

mildly disappointed in the lack of Lotor shenanigans
Shiro is Pidge's oniichan

My true otp is pidge/Shiro but my cracks ships are pidge/Keith and hunk/rockgirl

>Reverse trap is horrible.

serious question, would you guys watch Netflix animated series continuation of the 2011 Thundercats, if it was produced, written, and animated by the same people who did this series?

The only reason I stopped caring about the ThunderCats remake was due to the dumb bullshit that went nowhere.

It's pretty clear that white hair isn't from being old but from the stress of whatever horrible experiments Haggar Zola was doing on him, kinda like Jill in RE5.

PidgexShiro is the KanamexMesser of Voltron

Sure. If the writers are all different, it'll be a completely different show.
Traps are great. Reverse traps suck. It's like...what's there to love? How boyish they act? The complete absence of femininity What are you, some sort of queermosexual?

Keith is a manlet, he can't be Lotor.

I would. I've never hated 2011 Thundercats, even if it has a few problems.

So when do they start rapping? I bet Hunk spits hot fire.

IDK I think he's suppose to be SO MUCH older than the rest of them. He seems to be mid 20s or so to her maybe 14 or 15.

He's not a manlet. He's probably like, 16. Although he is the second shortest person on the team. And in the show in general.

Shit, is he a manlet? Will he at least learn?

How's the new Macross? Hated Frontier aside from the music.

When Lance starts beatboxing in the lionComs during travel.

>Keith's sword isn't the only sword Voltron has.
>When they plug all 5 Bayards at once, it summons the true Blazing Sword.

So Roy Foker Cameo, any other cameos hidden in the show?

Balmeran Robeast was Jet Alone.

>New Macross

It's not to my taste, they took the idol shit that has always been prevalent in Macross and dialed it to eleven.

They have to get the black one from faggotking first. Or somehow make a new one.

So-so show but the waifu game crazy yo

He's probably only a year older than the other 3 guys considering they were all at the academy together at one point. I'm guessing pidge is 15 or 16 lance keith and hunk 17-18 and shiro 19.

youtube.com/watch?v=1uCciEhtzGU

>Implying

They dialed it back up to eleven in the 90s. It's just idolshit was rockstarshit back then.

It' about the balance, mecha show featuring idols or an idol show with pap-smear of occasional robots...

Have episodes past 5 been uploaded on torrents?

It was idol shit to start, then went to opera with the movie that Kawamori threw a bitchfit over, then went to rock, now it's back to idol shit. Except you have six annoying singers instead of just the one.

So besides this show, what are some other "American animes"?

What can think of:

Teen Titans
Thundercats 2011
Tron Uprising

Everything after SDF is shit anyways, the series went from using Idols as a touchstone to represent the importance of culture and art in a society to a cash grab fetishization of one of japan's most cancerous industries.

>Zarkon was styling on Keith
>While Keith was in his Red Lion
>And all Zarkon had was a 10,000 year old bayard and a energy shield
>Keith's lion even evolved
>Still lost

soooo

when s2

My Life Me

not yet, wait or watch the streams

Space Dandy is half American.

>Tron Uprising
this is just CGI w/ monkey-arms, not anime at all

Unless Shiro is a snackbar, that makes it illegal almost everywhere in the US. She can have the Lance without any moral quandaries.

I would say, try to keep in mind what their Bayards do on the small scale, and scale that up, since the Red Bayard was a sword and shield, and it turned into a sword for Voltron. The blue Bayard formed an assault riffle, and the green is a multi-use utility. I would assume the Voltron forms parallel these somehow.

youtube.com/watch?v=eO_CmTds74w

have we heard a cover or remix of the original Voltron theme? I don't remember hearing anything in the show that sounded like it, or if they did it wasn't very memorable.

here's hoping they save it for a particularly good moment of triumph

In the fall sometime or early next spring.

So want Blu-Ray. And a Dandy figure.

IGPX (which I liked) and fuck anyone who doesn't say Big O since gijin dollars funded that shit. It's ours.

FLCL season 2 counts.

What do you think Shiro's Bayard will be once he gets it back? Zarkon was able to turn it into just about anything but the humans are probably only proficient enough to hold it at one particular form.

Does French stuff count? Cuz then we have

Totally Spies
Martin Mystery
Code Lyoko
Wakfu

Japanese Katana folded 1000000 times

Katana because Shiro doesn't strike me as particularly imaginative.

Whats better than Vorpal Fist?

Yeah sure, why not.

HELL AND HEAVEN

He probobly won't get it back, instead shenanigans will probably occur while he's separated and the Black Lion will produce a new one.

Ah yes, as befitting of a son of GROLIOUS NIPPON

Then so does Big O S2.

Special mention to things like Ghost Stories and Samurai Pizza Cats, where the dubbing company made up their own script.

Trigger's Witch Academia too, then

Is this something that one could like if one were never exposed to Voltron as a child? Seems like it from this thread.

Keeping in mind this hypothetical one has a liking for (some) kiddy shonenshit such as kamen rider, etc.

Shiro is so dreamy

Generator Rex
Ben 10 Alien Force/Ultimate Alien
Oban Star Racers
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Would it make him like Jetstream Sam then, because of the metal arm? Speaking of which how far does that extend? Based on his injuries it looks like part of his side got turned to metal too.

A watch for his robo-wrist since his arm is already a weapon.

Which will lead to amusement when people look and say "You did what with your Bayard?/You did what with my Bayard?"

If you don't mind some corny dialogue I think this would be for you. I only watched a small handful of episodes from the original that I vaguely remember and still enjoyed this.

If you like cartoons, robots, and capeshit SF it's fine.

>Dubbing

Going that route ShinChan.

there isn't anything particularly nostalgia based or referencing shit you need to know

I'd love it if they made it a greatsword just to fuck with everyone. Or at least a naginata.

>"What? The Samurai had more than one weapon you know. They barely used katanas in war."

The white hair is him slowly turning into ARCHER. Expect him to turn brown like Elf-chan as the series goes on.

It follows the Super Sentai base Five Team Big Evil mold. If you are chill with that then it'll be fine.