ITT : Impossible to adapt characters

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/cowboy-bebop-live-action-tv-series-1202454831/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There isnt a person on Earth that could properly play her.

Debate me.

Adaptmind

Broly would be one of the easiest DBZ villains to adapt. Like all the movie villains, he's a one note stand in for a little opposition to Goku that gets foiled by some deus ex machina (usually a spirit bomb). His motivation is laughably weak and his existence brings up holes in established lore of the Saiyan race.

Goku was a loud baby and that upset him. He's really strong. He beats everyone up but Goku defeats him in the end when they all give him their energy, with a spirit bomb. Let Snyder direct it, throw in some unnecessary biblical allegories (Goku = Jesus, Broly = Satan) and frame some shots based on paintings. Done.

Who could play him though, is the problem.

There isnt a person on Earth with mass of that size and the height to go with it. Goku's actor would have to be tiny.

CG nigga

Just CGI it senpai.
I mean, did you think they found actual hobbits for lotr?

>something something cynacism
>something something religion

Family Guy isnt even funny enough to a cartoon. If there was going to be a live movie they would have done it a decade ago in its prime

Adapting Broly is impossi-

Doesnt matter, its already happening : variety.com/2017/tv/news/cowboy-bebop-live-action-tv-series-1202454831/

>psuedo-intellectual who somehow manages to trick everyone else into thinking he's smart
bill maher plays him every friday and saturday

Chris Hemsworth in a rubber suit

>Who could play him though, is the problem
Picrelated
>Goku's actor would have to be tiny
Goku is a manlet, he's like 5'5

Then who should play Goku?

Zac Efron

We already had a white boi attempt. Do we really not have a young and male asian actor in America?

>implying

Youre probably meme'ing but thats unironically good. Especially for all the shit talk Broly does during the first movie

U7 Saiyans are white, U6 Saiyans are asians

Thought the short hair one was a tomboy at first glance. Disappointed

>"adapt to this you fucking nigger"
wait I don't remember Raimi being involved in that movie at all.

They're all Japanese.

has the mutant ability to adapt to any situation, is black in the 60's

I was having a meme but he genuinely looks like an anime character on most days. He'd have to bulk up again for the role though.

Idris Elba

>OP never watched capeshit

>Goku defeats him in the end when they all give him their energy, with a spirit bomb
no he didnt

>this is what DBZ has become

But that's wrong OP

Literally just Doomsday

No mortal possesses both the physique and the acting ability

>She goes level 2 in an instant

Super Saiyan bargain sale

Underrated

Unfortunately CGI is still not good enough for anime action scenes. Shit would just be too expensive.

Has there EVER been a live adapter anime with untacky CGI?

Even capeshit with 250 million budgets has shitty CGI.

Nigga couldn't even match Tien, let alone Broly

i would wager that nobody should ever make live action adaptations of any animated media. Not just because it would be shallow and lack originality, but it always, always looks like crap.
these are drawings, first and foremost. piccolo in real life would look like a stupid alien, whereas as a cartoon picture you can totally buy him existing alongside equally stylized humans. in live action, the actor's sincerity combined with often laughable makeup that the right cosplayer could surpass just comes across as wrong.
it triggers the ancient part of your brain that flips out and either wants to bludgeon what's on screen or scream like a damn ape and run the hell away. it's an evolutionary trait that allows us to recognize that someone isn't alive, they're some almost human corpse creature that needs to be burned. clearly god did not intend for this thing to exist, it's likely the result of witchcraft or some hollywood hacks trying to make a quick buck.

Do it like they imposed the Rock and Vin Diesel in that one scene in Fast 7

>tfw remember Sup Forums and Sup Forums getting emotional reading the plot summary before release
>comes out
>biggest hunk of shit

>not the entire show

Wtf is that? A rubber suit?

No, that dude's just huge.

What the FUCK was his problem?

Childhood trauma/writer asspull

Galo Sengan 2?

That webm is clearly not an example of what you just said.

Beef DDL up, shave him

There you go

Saiyans are white, Hitler even says so in one of the movies

get the guy who played the tooth fairy in Manhunter

Lou Ferigno

lol right? my god would it be fun to watch tho

it is to be expected with a multi-universe tournament consisting of 80 fighters

>that animation

wtf happened
the future wasn't supposed to be like this

Dragon Ball should have stopped after Z (Buu saga). As soon as some pooinloo named Uub was introduced in GT i knew it was time to end it all

Oh my is this what it looks like when you combine Peter with hos pet dog, Brian from family guy? Bleter perhaps?This is quite hysterical! Mind if I save it?

Uub was technically at the end of Z.

DB should have stopped before Z. Z should have stopped at frieza.

Was that supposed to be good? I could post a better CGI fight than that.

I liked the Cell Saga but I agree with this. Cell was when it all really started going down hill.

Rich piano would be perfect but the problem is he's a 5'11 manlet.