People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it...

>People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.

What did he mean by this?

Haha, what a story Mark!

This movie cuts to the very marrow of modern life.

He was wondering why she was so promiscuous and why the guy beat her up. If a lot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live.

it was clearly a joke, given that Tommy laughs when he's done telling it

best line in the whole movie desu

sure there are other lines or scenes that stick out more or made you bust your gut a lot more

but with the Guerrero Street lines from Mark, you could feel all the complete delusional, confused, inebriated manic writing from Wiseau being force fed into a film's production and how the actor who plays Mark is desperately, pathetically attempting to salvage it, every frame with Mark in this scene portrays a man trying his best to perform the un-perform-able

And it's agony.

Tommy laughs out of surprise how deep thoughts his friend is thinking while they are playing football. He loves his friends, seeing and hearing them grow makes Tommy happy.

youre a moron
Tommy is clearly criticizing todays society in a sentence full of metaphors for modern life
The laugh actually means that people just dont care nowadays
Tommy is a fucking genius

The explanation of this scene in marks book is fucking hilarious. They had to shoot that scene for hours because Tommy couldn't deliver the line without laughing

It amazes and baffles me. Either Tommy wrote the story as some kind of bitter revenge-fantasy about a girl who cheated on him, or he's just crazy and can't understand why a story about a woman being hospitalised isn't funny

Why is disaster artist so kino? Any more books like it?

And Tommy hated people knowing stuff about his personal life, and the only usable take is the one where Mark mentioned Guerrero Street, which is where Tommy lived

Why did he reveal Tommy's adress? Was Greg a secret asshole?

It was a coded message, signalling help from the film crew.

He was probably just trying to get him to stop laughing, breaching his privacy might've seemed like the ticket to get Tommy to sober down from his laughing fits.

In The Disaster Artist, you learn that the Guerrero Street line was an adlib by Greg Sestero who plays Mark. Tommy was actually upset that he mentioned Guerrero Street because although there was no hospital on Guerrero Street in real life, that is the street where Tommy lived.

is there any concrete information about tommy wiseau before he became a fucking meme? i find it amazing that he has kept his personal life so private for this long

how is it not funny?

>he wanted a car that could literally fly into the sunset
>when asked why the fuck he'd want that, tommy replied maybe johnny is a vampire
fucking lol

He was born in Poznan during the Cold War I believe, and then snuck to another country before hoping to the US, which explains why nobody has actual factual data on who he was. Going East Bloc -> West Bloc -> USA during the Cold War is like 2 barriers of information

He was a Serbian war lord called "The nightmare of Kragujevac". He used the film as a way to funnel the wealth of his people trafficking empire.

How unreasonable would it be to think that Wiseau really isn't human? Nothing about him makes any sense at all.

Or is all this mystery surrounding him just an elaborate plot by Tommy himself, used in order to create a mythos around him and his movies, to garner cult status fame?

He's trying to cue Johnny in on Lisa's promiscuous behavior without incriminating himself. At the same time, he's talking to himself about the consequences of his own behavior. This little anecdote sort of foreshadows his loss at the end of the film - Lisa is much like this girl, she's having an affair, and when one of them (Johnny) finds out about it, everyone suffers.

The whole movie is about how one person's actions can lead to a total social collapse. Pretty much everyone in the movie recognizes this except for Johnny. He's such a sweet, kindhearted person that in his naivete, he doesn't realize that the people around him are what will ironically lead him to his death.

I think it's also explained in The Disaster Artist that he owned clothing stores, which is why he had a ton of money to make the movie in the first place.