/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Home Movies edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>News
AUTISM REIGNS

>Discord
discord.gg/YpdZvN

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
What has formally been invented since 1939 (not technical bullshit like IMAX, digital cameras, CGI)?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6ck1ejoAw
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/35453138/#35455446
youtube.com/watch?v=6JInsI3rakY
letterboxd.com/Mastro666/
letterboxd.com/robotpie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CGI changed film forever for better or for worse so I don't see why it doesn't count.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6ck1ejoAw

REAL THREAD

NEWS:

Sneaky user plays a trick! machill makes statement machill changes his mind: Will this be Sup Forums and /lbg/'s new meme movie? Chinese Doggo watches flicks: A first for user: Anons repeat new mantra:

Film is a realist medium. Computer effects aren't real

>realist medium
>a film features a guy giving up sex for 40 Days and 40 Nights

>Film is a realist medium

At the same time the camera lies to you about what you see and don't see. The minute you start filming you've already started to lie to your audience.

All art is by definition manipulative. In fact, the best of art is meant to manipulate you into a state of being while you experience it. As long as the manipulation doesn't try to make you do something harmful (like propaganda) then it's good.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/35453138/#35455446

Gabby Jay
"YAY!"
*ding ding*
FIGHT!

Gravity and Birdman confirmed greatest films of all time by /lbg/

>Birdman and La La Land
FTFY

If /lbg/ likes Bazinian theory of the long take then why don't they consider film a realist medium. Is it perhaps that /lbg/ is contradictorily trying to find a way to spite me, but they know it's futile because I'm genetically superior to them

Lubezki > Bitzer

Karl Struss>Joseph August>Bitzer>Lubezki

Joseph August ÷ (Karl Struss x Charles Lang) + (Matthew Libatique - Owen Roizman) - Roger Deakins x √G.W. Bitzer = Emmanuel Lubezki

All of those names are shit at the end of the day. I don't know what you're trying to prove.

Joseph Aug¿¿¿▪¡○○ust ÷\\\◇ (Karl Struss x Charles Lang)● + (●◇○◇●◇\◇●¤▪¡¡¿Matthew Libatique - Owen Roizman) - Roger Deakins x □□||\●●□●₩●¤¤●◇◇√□□□G.W. □●|||Bitzer =\\◇●◇● Emmanuel Lubezki

>Dedicating this much effort to film
It will never be art let alone high art no matter how hard you try.

Why can't we just all co-exist peacefully?

youtube.com/watch?v=6JInsI3rakY

letterboxd.com/albion
CORBYN FOR PM

Thanks for crashing the £!

kill yourself

Current thread:

Nick Pinkerton top ten of 2016:

The Academy of Muses
The Illinois Parables
Knight of Cups
No Home Movie
The Other Side
The Shallows
Silence
Sully
Things to Come
'Til Madness Do Us Part

letterboxd.com/Mastro666/

It's meh

Never make another /lbg/ thread without consulting me first you fucking faggot. Learn your place.

amdi pls

Proud to be glad to be featured in the news three threads in a row. (I'm not machill)

What kino are wwe watching tonight?

/lbg/

Just watched Fata Morgana. It wasn't great.
letterboxd.com/robotpie

Come to Discord Brucie dear

i don't want to

do it please

Movies I've watched 20-30 minutes of in the past week then shut off because I was feeling too sick to continue:

A Moment of Romance III (1996)
Killer Party (1986)
House (1986)

I hope to have the strength to make it to the end of something, tonight or tomorrow or Saturday.

Thank you for reading.

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

very, very cool taste!

the brains of this supersmart intellectual is the size of the universe's universe

who are you to judge?

Why not?

I was only joking when I said

Lav Diaz > Griffith

that ponst wasnt me

Upboat.

Then who the hell was it!

cant tell if legit post-ironic use of upvote or PUNQ's steaming rage veiled through sarcasm

Aw'ight lads!

who the fuck names themself absolute boy

gay ppl

Sup girl, you like boys with a big amount of movies watched?

MR HUNG, THAT'S WHO

Good Dick is a good movie.

Now I am become Megaautist, the destroyer of worlds.

>naming yourself megaautist

Cool movie

I agree

I like this site for how I can catalog my watches by date, but holy fuck, the ultra feminist crowd that uses this is nearly unbearable.

At least one review on the front page per day has something to do with men being terrible. It's particularly worse with Wonder Woman just releasing, but damn. How do you guys deal with it?

The future is female.
Deal with it.