So what does everybody think of The Red Hood these days? He seems to be getting more attention little by little

So what does everybody think of The Red Hood these days? He seems to be getting more attention little by little.
Will rebirth Outlaws be good for him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzejbyLozq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Lobdell
nope.jpeg

Why does everyone hate Lobdell?

>same shit writer
>same shit 'sexy punisher' anti-hero character mold

At least Starfire and Arsenal escaped this garbage fire.

I have no opinion of Jason Todd. The only reason I'm even acknowledging his existence is because a character I care about is going to be in his book for some stupid shallow idea someone pulled out of their ass.

>"Dark Trinity"
Yeah, cause that will ever go anywhere.

Jason Todd should have stayed dead. Alive he's just yet another "what the fuck are we going to do with this character" bat-sidekick.

Bad stories and narration boxes.
Come on now, those evil mimes won't kill themselves.

I fucking hate the people on this board now. Back when Winnick wrote Jason people liked the books. I read Lost Days in story times here back in 09-11 era (forget what year it was published) and people were very happy with that book. Sure on one level it was because people were relieved to see Jason handled better then a totally half cocked Clayface from Hush (yeah Bruce can't tell it was a dick Grayson alt costume), or that god awful Night wing story where Jason suddenly mutated into a blob, or when Tony Daniel and my man crush Morrison turned him evil and ignored any development from when Tim broke J out. But beyond that it was a great time for Jason and inevitably ended up being the direction editorial took Jason new 52.

Lobdell isn't half as bad as /co makes him out to be. He deff does have a problem with decompression, and his stories aren't exactly written well enough to make up for any weaknesses in pacing, but when he has a good artist, his books are okay. He deff does feel like a pure filter writer though, I will concede that.

If I was Lobdell I would increase the amount of meaningful events , action, and most importantly THEMES. Part of the reason his books read like filler is because they have no themes. The writing is very teenagecore.

He needs a Rocafort on art big time. Miss him on red hood, even though I believe he's who added the fucking mouth to Jason's mask.

Cass and Steph are the bat-sidekick that shouldn't have never came back.

I'm sorry for your loss.
If what he did to Kory is any indication of what's gonna happen, Artemis will get a complete reboot vs her pre-Flashpoint personality and will only be there for sexual objectification. She will probably fuck Jason. Or Bizarro.

I hope Jason fucka Artemis. That would be fire. Who else besides Starfire got the uncircumcised hood? Did Donna get hoodied in Countdown? Haven't read it since it was current.

I don't get off to illustrations usually but every blue moon an idea or image get me. Still remember wayyyyy back when Batgirl was naked in Outsiders and busting 3 nuts to it on a snow day (maybe 2006?? Or was it 2003-gamefaqs forum). The idea of Jason crushing Artemis is so hot.

Hey Luigi I hope Jason fucka Artemis too!

I do find it weird the amount of hate Lobdell gets his Outlaws book is mainly just painfully average, with very little plot progression and lots of zany antics. He fucked up on Titans but well, everyone fucks up on Titans.

Lobdell retconned that after the backlash. Jason and Starfire never slept together. Jason and Ravager still did.

Kyle and Donna were a couple in the 90s. Jason was Countdown's third wheel.

Nah Dr Manhattan's not taking that away. So Jason's gave the hood to Starfire, ravager, and ??

>She will probably fuck Jason.
Oh no, that's not the problem. Artemis ain't opposed to getting herself a bit of meat. No no, it's just that Lobdell is going to write her terribly, and it's gonna hurt.

Here's the thing, Artemis is legitimately a bit misandrist. She doesn't care for men, but she's still noble and smart enough to not let that get in the way of helping people, cause she does actually take the Amazons' peace loving warrior schtick seriously. That's one of the reasons she and Diana are rivals, they disagree on methodology.

My fear is that Lobdell is going to take her prejudice and ramp it up to strawman levels. Dude is kinda known for making characters act like douchebags after all. So instead of just a prominent character flaw, it's likely she's going to spend this whole book bitching about men. Ugh.

Flight attendant lady, Essence, and Barbara offered but he turned her down.

Nice. That a boy. Just found out about an old story where Ra's used Bizzaro and Artemis

He fucked up Superman too.

You Lobdell apologists are laughable.

>Lobdell retconned that after the backlash.
Wuss.

Nobody cares about Superedge now that we have real Superman back.

>Nah Dr Manhattan's not taking that away. So Jason's gave the hood to Starfire, ravager, and ??
No, it was retconned so the Starfire thing literally never happened. That was way around like, issue 7.

Was that the one where Jason and Starfire spent the entire issue frolicking naked around a desert island not fucking and discussing friendship? Yeah that was a hell of a climb down by Lobdell.
>naked Rocafort Jason though

I liked him a lot in the preboot universe, and I thought both Winick's approach and Morrison's were interesting, to be honest. But he's been written as a generic anti-hero since RHATO, and I can't get into this version of the character. Jason Todd should be obsessive, needy and have moodswings, it suited him. I thought being a mess was his thing and I liked it. So I'm gonna sit back and wait until someone does something of interest with him again.

It still doesn't excuse his shit writing skills.

I really thought that Morrison's anti-Batman Red Hood was the most sustainable version of the character.

Sure, he wouldn't be able to support a series on his own, but at least the series wouldn't make it look like Batman was turning a blind eye to Jason's murder-sprees.

typical JasonFag can't spell

Yeah, I liked that too. Especially since Batman was Dick at the time, and they were both former disciples of Bruce. It made sense, and I think Jason is stronger as an antagonist than the quippy bad boy who hangs with all the others for no discernible reason. I wouldn't oppose a redemption arc for him either, but it would have to be well-executed (no pun intended).
That whole "Dark Trinity" thing seems to point more toward Anti-Batman again, but of course it's still written by the same guy so ehh.

People loved his DBZ Superman when it was coming out.

As someone who read all his first run on RHatO all I can say is Rocafort makes everything a lot more palatable.

My issue with the redemption angle is, where do you go from there?

As a villain he's a constant reminder of his failings as a mentor for Batman, a dark mirror and antagonist for Nightwing, and a cautionary tale for Tim, Damian, and every future sidekick Batman has. He's great as a villain!

I think the Outlaws could be good if they actually did Outlaw kind of things. The beginning of the run was actually alright up until Jason is suddenly an OP Mystic sword man.

That's great for the other characters but still a dead end for Jason as an independent character, it relegates him to being just another Bat villain. Plus Morrison's Jason was an absolute psycho, I still don't get how he always intended for him to be Wingman, it somehow makes more sense with Lobdell's neutered Jason than it does for GM's

The only characterization I've liked in years was the Arkham Knight one he's still half cracked but you can still see some good in him.

>youtube.com/watch?v=RzejbyLozq8

He needs to stop wearing that goddamn bat symbol, It makes no sense to see someone who batman approves of holding a gun/shooting people.

Last time I enjoyed him was in Under the Red Hood.

Batman is master of killing non-lethally so...

That's a problem with Batman being written badly in recent years, not Jason. Writers have gone too far with making him enforce his no kill code on people he isn't working with and giving him the idiotic compulsion against guns. He was better when he tolerated other heroes operating legally a long as they didn't kill while working with him and he recognized guns as tools that can be used effectively.

Thank you for summoning me.
Here goes.

>Always get overshadowed by Dick
>Opposite of Dick in every way, like
>Everyone hates him (character wise and reader wise)
>Not a chick magnet (even Tim can get more girls than him, hell, even Damian already attracted chick more than Jason)
>Bruce likes him the least
>Stuck with the worst writer (Fuck lodbell)
>Have been dead, and everyone prefer if he just die permanently
>Another Robin also died but that robin got better treatment than him
>Always get rekt by Damian
>Most cast he's been with mostly was just used Dick's friends

He's my most favorite and one of the reason was because he's the most unfortunate character I have read. Everyday I pray he got better treatment, and still hoping it will come soon.

Like Dick Grayson, I think his stories are better that farther and farther they distance themselves from Gotham or Batman.

Agent Grayson>>>>>>>Nightwing>>>>>>>new batman

I was wondering that too, mostly remembering his work from X-Men days which, while far from great, was decent enough. The random issues of Red Hood I've read in crossovers also weren't that bad. But there was H'el on Earth. It was badly written story based on a bad idea.

And now in my quest to create complete Post-Flashpoint reading order I've encountered his Teen Titans / Superboy clusterfuck. And yes, clusterfuck it was.

Lobdell referenced time in both books, but those times matched badly. For example Kid Flash's and Solstice's teleportation by Danny the Street has to take two months for timeline to make sense (all others are nearly instantaneous). Or Wonder Girl is set up for ambush on Christmas Eve, Superboy leaves to fight with her next morning, yet they fight on NYE. And we can discard "waiting for a good moment" idea, they fought in the middle of the crowd.

This of course makes you wonder why all those countries allowed creation of N.O.W.H.E.R.E. They're unaccountable, led by suspicious individual and collect dangerous metahumans from over the world.

Harvest was a terrible antagonist, whole Barr Torr idea was atrocious, Waller being deeply moved by death of the teenagers was pathetic and Danny was wasted as non-character plot device.

Arkham Knight is a really good expansion of Jason's character. I wish there was a future game that told his (or Azrael's) stories.

There's that Arkham Knight Genesis one. Pretty good Jason book imo.

I used to be a Jason Todd fan and i loved everything Judd Winick did with the character, but I FUCKING DESPISE SCOTT LOBDELL'S WRITING AND SPECIALLY HIS STUPID FUCKING IDEAS. HE RUINED JASON TODD FOR ME.

So yeah, i'll always get mad whenever i see the name Scott Lobdell. Fuck, i'm just going to come out and say it: the dude triggers me. I'm triggered.

Jesus Christ, Robin was born to kill.

Nothing Lobbdell writes actually sticks around as canon when he's gone though, look at Roy and Kory being soulmates. I've just decided to ignore the run and hope that when he inevitably turns up in the DCEU they finally decide to put a vaguely competent writer on him, or maybe Scott will break his wrist for a couple of months that works too.

Batman trained Robins to use guns. Just in case, you know.

Jason Todd should've never been brought back. Period.

But now that he is, we have to deal with it. Get him the fuck out of Gotham, away from the Bat Family. Ditch the Bat logo. He should be in Africa, trying to understand his mother before she betrayed him. Let him fight injustice there and become a true lethal vigilante in the Sudan or the Congo.

I know that writers will eventually ignore whatever Lobdell did, but i hate the fact that DC relies on him to shape the characters. Take current Tim Drake. He's still a mess thanks to Lobdell, because Lobdell shaped his new origin. The same will happen to Artemis.

Also, Red Hood will probably never escape his grasps.

>Jason as white Batwing?
Shit Tumblr would turn schizophrenic over whether they are legally allowed to like that or not.

>Let him fight injustice there and become a true lethal vigilante in the Sudan or the Congo.
I already see headlines
>IS DC RACIST? 5 THING FROM NEW RED HOOD, "HERO" WHO KILLS BLACK AFRICANS

>Jason Todd should've never been brought back. Period.

no that's Damian Wayne.
Literally the same edgy brat with an attitude but this time IS BATMAN'S SON!!!

Morrison is a hack

They both should be dead.

Y'all need to calm down with this

"He should have stayed dead bullshit."

First off, he just needs a better writer
Two, so what if he's punisher-lite
Three, he either needs to go solo or needs to team up with Tim

He needs some good villains for a storyline. That he he becomes like Dick and joins an agency dedicated to hunting down heroes and villains

Red Hood may not get as many girls as the other Robins, but it'll take some time. He's supposed to be the asshole out of the whole Robin gang

So it's pretty likely he doesn't get much play

Fucking lol

>Red Hood may not get as many girls as the other Robins, but it'll take some time.

Since Lobdell started writing him pretty much every established female character that show up in his book has some prior romantic/sex history with Red Hood to show how baddass and cool he is. So they start to bicker and flirt back and fort while shooting nameless goons.

Jason should be dead, Damian never should've existed.

>First off, he just needs a better writer
I keep saying, every character is one story away from being great.
Shocking reveal, Jason banged Artemis.
On Paradise Island.

>to team up with Tim
See I'd like that they tend to get thrown together in crossovers now anyway, they interplay pretty well, and they were defiantly some of the better parts of B&R:E.

Heck, i don't doubt that Red Hood and Bizarro shared some past torrid romance back in the day that left Bizarro with a broken heart.

Wait, Paradise Island is from Squadron Supreme. Themyscira.

I think this will be Sexy Lexy version of Bizarro. Pop out of capsule, see first thing and declare it parents.

It's been awhile since I've read hood and arsenal kinda forgot all about that ever since joker's daughter

I'm no writer but I know of a decent storyline they could implement in rebirth

Have him be the target of the SS

>Jason Todd is now a magic ninja AMAZON

fuck this

They should just make him Wonder Woman's twin brother so that he can be the awesome super-duper powerful character that Lobdell so very much want.

My only gripe with that is that he wasn't Robin long enough

Yeah the crack of "good" happened during AK and after he killed Roman as Red Hood

Still would be nice to see what he does in the aftermath of killing Black Mask

Yeah!

It's kinda a good cop/bad cop story but it works. They balance each other out one is the brains the other is the brawn

>I never died, I just went in a coma
>I am still mad at you by the way

Pls leave

They have great chemistry
Look at them cucking Dick

The thing that annoys me a bit about Nu52 Red Hood, ignoring Lobdell a bit, is that Jason Todd never changed. He's still going around as Red Hood killing people left and right, BUUUT because fans want to see all the past Robins together the writers were forced to write that Batman pretty much OK'd with Red Hood methods, just asking him not to kill whenever in Gotham - Red Hood still kills when he's in comic in his own books. Then there's the bat symbol on Red Hood that makes no fucking sense and is just there to remind people that he's a bat-related character.

See, nothing gel well with the character. The writers just give bullshit reasons to try to make the impossible work.

In his own books he's usually fighting bullshit enemies I mean look at that blob looking fucker in Hood/Arsenal

When he's in crossover books he actually does try to kill but he does get stopped. Why? Because he tends to deal with innocents or ends up getting his ass kicked

>In his own books he's usually fighting bullshit enemies I mean look at that blob looking fucker
in Hood/Arsenal

But he's still killing while in Gotham.

Red Hood should be trying to be a better person and not kill in order to be accepted by the Bat-Family, but then he wouldn't be "Red Hood, the Punisher-lite" anymore and so that can't happen.