Best non-cape comics

Hi Sup Forums, I'm interested in your opinions on the best non-capeshit comics, ongoing or finished. Any recommendations are appreciated. I've already read/reading:

Hellboy
East of West
Saga
Sex Criminals
Descender
The Metabarons
Wytches
The Sandman
The Fade Out
James Bond

Homestuck is really good, although most of Sup Forums agrees it got bad near the end.

I'm not even sure why you'd recommend it, the ending is bad enough that it left a horrid taste in my mouth about the whole comic.

"It began to dawn on you that etc etc etc is a waste of time" indeed.

>The Metabarons
Why didn't you mention The Incal?

shit, I forgot actually.

The Sheriff of Babylon is the best book coming out right now.

looks interesting, I'll definitely check it out

AmericN Vampire
Preacher
Sandman
Northlanders
Scalped
Sweet Tooth

Considering Wytches or East of West best non-capeshit kind of gives me trauma desu be honest.

I never said those were the best, just asked what you considered to be the best

transformers: More than Meets The Eye

It's a space opera that's a good blend of Firefly and Archer.

You don't need to know anything about transformers going into it. It begins with The Death Of Optimus Prime, which ends the previous run and sets up the two on goings.

Transmetropolitan

>Northlanders
I second this. It's essentially a collection of short stories and are all just period pieces. It spans a 1000 year history of Northmen, sometimes early pagan stuff sometimes late christian stuff. What's great is the variety, sure there are some war stories but then there are ones about hunting or my fav, about an old man who finds a dead girl...and the political movements around him. Very simple but great story

If you like fantasy:
Monstress is a fantastic comic coming out how, early on
Autumnlands is also pretty good, I just get a little annoyed at all the punctuation in it.
Faster Than Light is a great sci fi, it kinda feels a bit like Star Trek but not as utopian

Conan
Kull
Akira
Luther Strode
Scout
Fearless Dawn
The Rocketeer
Grimjack
American Flagg!
Ginger Fox
Time2
The Maze Agency
Twisted Toyfare Theater
US 1
Stray Toasters
Groo the Wanderer
Red
Ronin
Hard Boiled
Mesmo Delivery
Archie vs. Predator
Godzilla In Hell
Chandler - Red Tide
Julius Corentin Acquefacques, Prisoner of dreams
Judge Dredd
Mister X
Electropolis
Terminal City
Marshal Law
Andre The Giant - Life And Legend
Andre The Giant - Closer To Heaven
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe
Fist of the North Star
Appleseed
Ghost in the Shell
Dominion
Bad Police
Black Lagoon
CYBER Blue
Misappropriation Investigator Nakabo Rintaro
Aterui II-sei
Hydra
Hana no Keiji
Sanctuary
Heat
Crying Freeman
Dirty Pair
Cherry Poptart
Little Annie Fanny

Death Vigil.

I don't know how no one has mentioned Birthright or Southern Bastards....

Love & Rockets
Michael Deforge
Paul Pope
Peanuts
Calvin & Hobbes
Manifest Destiny
Kingdom Bum

Maybe I just have shit taste but I cant stand East of West. It has a great issue here and there, but I feel like the dialogue is just too much.

Manifest Destiny is great.

Spirou
Asterix
Lucky Luke
Franka
Silage
Laureline & Valerian
Anything and everything by Jean "Moebius" Giraud
Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse
Ballad of Halo Jones
Dungeon
Everything by Yves Challand
And much, much, much more.

Everyone recommends it, but I dropped it. Too much character focused drama and honest to god pandering to a horrible fanbase.

>I'm not even sure why you'd recommend it
Because I like it you idiot.

The ending doesn't change how great Cascade was, and not everyone gets as bitter about a bad ending as you apparently do.

I liked American Born Chinese but that's mostly just because I'm AA so I could relate to a lot of the material.

Black science, Monica.

Homestuck WAS really good.
The shipping killed it.
The ending dug up the body, had an orgy with it, brought it back to life, had another orgy, watched it commit suicide, and then put it back in the ground with a cum filled coffin.

i really liked peepo choo

>The ending doesn't change how great Cascade was
Man Cascade isn't even the middle of the comic. The big majority of the comic was shit.

>The shipping killed it.
What killed it is Hussie awkwardly trying to tie together his video game plot with his Lord English villain and then watering it all down with masturbatory meta commentary that said absolutely nothing.

Injection is excellent, especially if you like Bond. Takes a few issues to come together but well worth the ride. Really interesting, sustainable premise. Paranormal/supernatural, tech, an Ozymandias like character, get into it.