What is this genre called and what are some movie similar to these?

What is this genre called and what are some movie similar to these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SE_6iTl5Gn4
huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/12/pain-and-gain_n_3071978.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jews fleecing average Americans (dont include Pain and Gain)

The Road to Eldorado
The Big Short
Oceans 11

I think. I'm not really sure what you think connects these movies.

/kikecore/

Well, I've never seen the third one but the first two are both movies about despicable human beings fucking up people's lives yet somehow they are treated as comedies despite being adaptations of true events, which really makes you wonder if the directors are fucked up in the head.

The Big Short

>Scorsese
>Not fucked up in the head

Pain and Gain does involve that, it's just that the Jews are portrayed as the villains for once.

black comedy.

you'd probably like guy ritchie films (lock stock two smoking barrels, snatch) and in bruges

or maybe some tarantino movies

Chadcore

They don't really have a "genre", they're basically dramatized versions of real events

The Big Short is kind of similar, maybe even something like Straight Out Of Compton or Patriots Day

>you will never make BBQ hands with The Rock

feels bad man

>Straight Out Of Compton
I can tell you are white.

it's called shitty movies

ayy lmao, seen 2 of these literally this week
I guess /AmericanDreamKino/

Seriously, they all follow the same precedent
>THE FOLLOWING IS BASED ON ACTUAL EVENTS
>some guy working a dead end job
>cant pay rent, car repossessed, etc
>find a loophole in 'the system'
>pull off a job
>get greedy
>go for the big pay day
>trouble with the law
>FIN

Although they were all comfy in their own respective way, Wolf was best, probably after Pain and Gain, then War Dogs.

I'm actually Puerto Rican but sure, bring up race for no reason, that never derails threads at all

I mean a proper black person would have called it Straight Outta Compton.

>I'm actually Puerto Rican

>I'm Puerto Rican
How bad do you lose your shit when someone calls you a Mexican?

I knew you came here, Ray, you lonely fuck

That completely went over your head. Jesus

Lord of War with Nic Cage is about a gun runner who treats it all as any other business, iirc it's not as funny or bombastic as the ones you've listed but it would be similar otherwise

It's called God of War.

Am I missing a joke here or are you misremembering?

Puerto Rico is an American territory

its brocore

Why are you acting like that?

You're right form my recollection.
It's called White Collar Crime Comedy

Con films essentially, or as others have said, white collar crime. Bit of a cinema treat, as the main characters are either outright crooks or just sleezy mofos. Almost always ends with the main character going to jail, dying, or testifying against bigger targets. I think you can include Wall Street (1987), and maybe even The Sting (1973)

I'm not acting.

Goodfellas clones

I was JUST about to mention Goodfellas.

>Pain & Gain
Man that was a weird movie. These guys were doing some pretty fucked up stuff, but some how you didn't completely hate them. Didn't they actually ruin that dude's life? I think he was flat broke, even after they were caught, dude never got his money back.

They are all a part of /ConBroKino/

>trumptard education
not the dumb OP but also Puerto Rican, I really don't mind. I mean would you be mad if you were an american and someone were ignorant enough to confuse you with a brit? it's not like we hate each other like japs and koreans

It's really weird. They made Tony Shalhoub's character out to be a complete jackass to make it so that you'd root for the protagonists, when the real one wasn't anything like that. Like, I get black comedies, but how do you turn the torture of an innocent person into something funny? Especially when it happened in real life. What was Michael Bay's angle in doing this?

>Steal man's fortune and fuck him over for life
>Try to fuck over another
>Kill him
>Then accidentally kill his wife
>Dismember their bodies and hide them
and then this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=SE_6iTl5Gn4
>Life is gonna give me another set, and I'm gonna rock it because I am Daniel Lugo
>Sentenced to death
I'm surprised their wasn't a bigger shitstorm over this.

I feel like if it was anyone other than Bay, there would have been.

Here's another one. Based on a true story as well.

Pretty sure OP is talking about comedies (with bits of drama) with an edge that are kind of meta and talk to the audience (haven't seen the third movie though). Big Short is the only other one I can think of

shitty reddit brodude bud light flicks
try scarface

>that cast
I'm in.

>try scarface

reddit as fuck

OP, you need to watch Bronson.

Probably my favorite Refn movie

this ones pretty great actually. Did Bernie have to fug the old woman? I forget

Ah yes I remember reading how the author was...well, displeased with that version of the story.
huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/12/pain-and-gain_n_3071978.html

Imagine being tortured and put in a coma and some jackass director makes a comedy movie where you're played by fucking Monk.

H.

A

I dont think it explicitly said if he ever fucked or her not but they were married so probably.
then again I saw that movie a long time ago so I can barely remember if they even got married or not

>No Boiler Room
>No Wall Street

Sup Forums has gone to shit.

I'm sorry this board doesn't cater to your specific interests maybe you'd be more suited for the circlejerk hivemind that is reddit, you fucking elbow

>you fucking elbow
What the fuck does this mean?

trying way too hard.

and the genre you're looking for user is "Business-kino"

>another 3 months of this
lurk moar you fucking newfag

Another three months of what, fuckhead?

>summerchildren are actually this slow
please get the fuck off of my board and don't ever come back

I'm not going anywhere, you idiot. Deal with it.

Great movie.

Crime Comedy would be up your alley.

>He can't ctrl-f to see that Wall Street was already mentioned
It's American Dream genre you pleb

are there any other arms dealer movies besides Lord of War and War Dogs? (Jackie Brown doesn't count)

Didn't Charlie Wilson's War have a plotline about that