People at my screening booed when it was over

People at my screening booed when it was over.

Why can't plebs into ambiguity? Why do they need everything spelled out for them/shown to them? Sometimes the scariest things and the things we don't see, which is the case in this film.

Also this is a general It Comes At Night thread, anyone else see this kino?

i usually come at night also

Please stay on topic, thank you.

are they selling the room or the girl?

Whats the plot and twist?

Plot: Virus is killing people, family comes and stays at a house with another family.

Twist: some "humans are rhe real monsters!" bullshit

Is A24 the most kino distribution company right now?

They're getting a lot of good shit into normie theaters that otherwise wouldn't be there.

I get it

that's the thing, there is no le epic twist

everyone in my screening was expecting to see some sort of monster, which would have completely ruined the point of the movie

hmm sounds kinda disappointing

Yep, and their movies are not bad

That's because it is.

Has a great poster, though.

they showed the trailer for A Ghost Story before the film and it looked kino as fuck

Huh, I usually masturbate in the morning.

You are so special, sweety. You are nothing like the rest of the movie going public that watched this with you.

fuck off

is there a torrent?

JUST

>generic zombie flick
>good

No idea what the ending is, but I for one am getting a little tired of ambiguity.

Don't get me wrong, atmosphere is great, especially for a horror film. But that atmosphere has to build to something satisfying and not just "WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!" There's way too much ambiguous storytelling that goes on and it comes off as lazy instead of inspired. I want a beginning, middle, and end, not just a beginning, middle, and then it's up to me to fill out the end.

I mean, if it's another one of those things where humans are the real monsters because they won't trust each other against a threat, and we never actually SEE the threat, then give me a break.

It's like Bart said: You know what would have been scarier than nothing? ANYTHING!

Pretty much. The new family has a kid who gets sick. There's a struggle and Joel Edgarton kills them. Their son touched the kid, so it ends with him getting sick. Zombies only appear in dream sequences.

sounds lame and gay
shit for pleb lost fans who think that ambiguity isnt a lazy cop out

It not because it isn't a twist. It's a culmination of events that lead to an inevitable, real conclusions.

hopefully they use that money to pay for some photoshop lessons

we don't actually know if Andrew gets sick though. we don't get to see his face after Paul enters their room

Quality post

this. ambiguity can be great/thought-provoking but in this case they just used it as an excuse to not wrap up or explain much of anything