What does Sup Forums think of Saga?

What does Sup Forums think of Saga?

Sup Forums hates it

Why?

i dig it. dresed up as marko 2 halloweens ago

Liked it in the beginning; hated it around #25, plus or minus a few issues. I literally stopped following it because it felt obvious that BKV was just noodling around, not doing anything interesting besides killing characters and introducing nothing new. Apparently that's his style, so I know to avoid his stuff.

For one thing it's popular

It has sitcom tier writing plaguing every form of American media regardless of the setting.

It makes calling people normies seem like a logical thing to do.

I follow it, but only because I'm really invested in IV's character. Other than that, is right.

Jesus christ is that actually from the enhanced Baldur's Gate? It's fucking atrocious

This book was all anyone could talk about a couple years ago, and now I feel like you hear nothing about it. Did the quality drop that much?

It's on par with comic books and movies.

>asking Sup Forums about popular indie comics
>ever

Yes.

Like all Image comics, it starts off strong and then quickly goes nowhere

this 100% for me too.
It was pretty rad at the beginning just because of how different the premise was compared to most monthly comics, but the last ten or so issues have just kind of been BKV dragging the story along. I kind of think he just enjoys writing the character's dialogue and doesn't really plan the actual stories out too much.

Basically, I'm just sticking with it now because I'm still invested in the characters.

man this is so frustratingly true.
Image books are all about having some sort of neat premise and a couple strong first issues then immediately flatlining

Not to mention that the pacing of these dragged on stories fucking sucks because being creator owned, most of the books aren't on a set monthly schedule.

So do you people think Saga would work in a tv show/movie form?

I like the characters, art and concepts but it's got a lot of the same problems the TV show Lost had in that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere and characters are built up and then die. I have the first three trades and haven't got any new ones in a while. I probably will eventually though. I imagine like Lost it will be better when you can just sit down and marathon the whole thing.

It would need a huge budget but yeah it's almost written like a screenplay. Although it does use the comic medium's strengths well

Isn't that already happening?

I dislike it from a "hype backlash" position. Image is putting out stuff like Prophet and Head Lopper and THIS is the book that sells TWD numbers?

>DUDE, SEX/DRUGS LMAO
>Hillary for president
It feels like a comic for people who think comics are icky. The style IS the substance.

>It feels like a comic for people who think comics are icky
I had the opposite feeling. It seems like a comic for people who only like comics. I can't rec this shit to friends, they would think comics were way too ridiculous.

it's pretty good

best parts are the aristocratic TV people that totally aren't stolen from Riceboy, and lying cat

haven't kept up with it since it comes out so slow and it got mired down in some gross pregnancy filth, though

Pretty much this. And the Stalk was the best character.

There wasn't much quality to begin with. The penciling was great, colors were flat (but I suppose it's a stylistic choice), characters were average, and the actual writing was garbage. If it wasn't brooding or whining about something or another, it was "ZOMG WE RANDOMLY ENCOUNTERED ANOTHER DANGEROUS SPACE HAZARD". The only reason it got repute to begin with was because the female lead is perceived as "strong", when it's actually her mother-in-law who should be looked at that way.

I love it. Vaughan is one of those writers who I enjoy almost all his work.

>best parts are the aristocratic TV people that totally aren't stolen from Riceboy

> implying object heads haven't been a thing since forever