Voltron Legenday Defender Talkback #6

All episodes up:
kat.cr/voltron-legendary-defender-tv26685/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/tags/Voltron: Legendary Defender
shiropidge.deviantart.com/art/Voltron-FanFiction-Want-to-Dance-Shiro-X-Pidge-614854676
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime get out
>anime get out
anime get out
>anime get out
anime get out
>anime get out
anime get out
>anime get out

This was made by a western studio

Reminder that Pidge is Canon Trans and Lesbian.

Anyone who disagrees is a bigot pig.

>Reminder that Pidge is Canon Trans and Lesbian.
Do we have any evidance that Pidge is into chicks?
Or that Katie was actually a boy or something?

Wait if she/he/ze/reee or whatever is Trans how can herezeshexe be a lesbian?

how can she be a lesbian with her feminine penis??

So do we know when we will be getting the second half of the season?

Is there any fanfiction yet?

don't oppress her shitlords

He's pretending to be a tumblr retard that did not watch the show. Pidge is not trans

the basic rhythm is every half a year.
Stuff drops in summer, stuff drops in winter.
Then they usually trickle a few small things in between.

Probably next spring (in 6 months)
Check archivesofourown

I know but this bait confuses me more then it angers me. And I thought I was beyond such things as confusion.

>Hunk/Pidge

Eh I think I'll pass. Any other sites have stuff?

is it 11 or 13 episodes?

>Check archivesofourown
There is no section for it yet.

Fanfiction.net

It can be either from a certain point of view.
There's 11 individual episodes, but episode 1 is three times as long, so you can consider it to be episodes 1-3 if you want to add up to 13.

I completely forgot about this. Is it any good? Voltron was never exactly high art to begin with, so it always amazed me how they managed to fuck up every other attempt at a revival, but at least this doesn't look instantly putrid.

Yeah this adaptions pretty good

The consensus is that it's a bad combining mecha because the combining mecha itself doesn't seem as powerful as the parts its made out of.

But when she made the reveal to the team she explicitly stated "I'm a girl" not that she was ftm trannie. Plus she preferred to dress like a girl at home and was hesitant to cut her hair for her disguise.

Kinda glad they are changing the color scheme for the uniforms so they match the lions. That always bugged me a little.

Google search Voltron fanfiction + last week

archiveofourown.org/tags/Voltron: Legendary Defender

shiropidge.deviantart.com/art/Voltron-FanFiction-Want-to-Dance-Shiro-X-Pidge-614854676

Ah twitter

Never change

The twist is that Shiro already died and was brought back to life with ancient alien magics as part of the extensive experimentation done on him.

I hate idiots like this. Belive what you want but don't try to push it as canon

He's a Robeast but his activation didn't go as planned

Just like Goku.

Retards will retard, and act as free advertising for the show. Status quo maintained.

Even though I don't ship them. The art is really good.

Still not sure why people go out of their way to hunt these things down, screencap them, and post them here. Idiots are too easy to find, and these are especially idiotic people. Pidge didn't "transition" due to wanting to be a different gender, Katie went undercover to find her brother. Why is she still undercover? Not sure she is, beyond still being called Pidge since it's the name the others always called her by. She told them her gender, but I don't recall her telling them her real name. I can't remember it being mentioned outside of the flashback except by Shiro.

subs?

No she's a girl who was pretending to be a boy. Like Mulan.

Apparently they were shipped in one of the earlier series so of course it matters here. Just like Shiro dying.

I'm gonna spam Tumblr with pidge/lance

Would you mind doing some Shiro/Allura?

So if Kieth isn't a braindamaged version of Lotor what do you think his backstory is going to be. Because something is clearly up with that guy.

>Probably next spring (in 6 months)
user...

So, what are the chances of the creators taking this route? They were canon in the original show, after all.

Maybe their in the southern hemisphere?

Well it would give Keith something to do at least

At the moment, I'd say maybe 50/50.

When Keith stayed behind with Allura, I thought they would start interacting.

Then again, Coran would've just cockblocked.

>They were canon in the original show, after all.
At the moment I'd say around 10% if not less.

>Then again, Coran would've just cockblocked.
But if he had the flags would have been set. As things sit he's only got slightly better odds then Pidge or Coran for hooking up with Allura.

13. Episode 9 was marked S1E11 somewhere in the ending credits (presumably others too, but I spotted that one randomly).

Eh. Sure, the art is nice, but I would feel weird about Keith/Allura happening since he was the only one in the group who wanted to leave her, possibly to die, for the greater good.

So wait...

Is Pidge a girl or not?

Cause I remember in the pilot, that I've watched, that he pulls out a picture of his 'girlfriend' which looked like him and a sister. If 'he's' looking for his brother, wouldn't that imply Pidge is a grill?

Season two in december-january? Yes or no?

Pidge was the girlfriend.

That's the foreshadowing twist, you see.
That's a picture of her and her brother.
For some reason looking exactly like her missing brother constitutes a good disguise.

She's a girl and the picture you're refering to is her and her brother

She ain't trans she just disguised herself as a man because the military base wouldn't let her back on

The grill in the picture is Pidge herself.

Well, if the Lions were piloted by their paladins when they were sent into hiding, he's probably a direct descent of original Blue and this makes him Lion Newtype Jesus.

The guy wasn't exactly bright anyway.

I haven't seen a single episode of this yet but I saw a brown space elf so I'm extremely interested.

These are the one true shippings.

Heck, I just realised we don't know where Galra got Red Lion, so he could be descended from its pilot too. Red Lion drops pilot off on Earth, then hides on Uranus or something.

Katie/Shiro is best ship.

I'm just going to point out that all the lions are female.

No reason really, just pointing it out.

Individual lions are female, but when combined, Voltron identifies as a male giant robot.

Damn, Pidge's girlfriend is really cute. He's a lucky guy.

I wish my team's reverse trap would comfort me.

Why must all Dreamworks shows end in cliffhangers?

Yes, I'm aware that this is technically the mid-season, but still.

Voltron doesn't have a manly mane and instead a bishi robot face.

Damn straight

I love how The Croods' cliffhanger is literally hanging from a cliff.

Because fuck you thats why.

Its not the cliffhanger, as much as its the 6+ month wait for the rest of the season.

Normal shows only have about 3 month waits.

Why are we not posting more cute brown space elves?

subs where?

To get you hype for the next season, I guess?
Though the advertising for the next season of Julien doesn't even acknowledge that he's missing and presumed dead.
He must recover from that extremely quickly.

Am I weird for grabbing screenshots of every single flashback loli version of her?

Shiro's brother who was kidnapped by the Galrans as a young child and experimented on super hard to be turned into part-Galran. That's why they're so close even though they don't know it.

Yes

>Normal shows only have about 3 month waits.

normal shows also don't drop the whole season in one batch.

I can't unsee the Mihoshi resemblance.

Do you think we can expect any romance at all to happen? So far the show has been completely void of it, save for Lance crushing on the Princess. It's kind of refreshing, really.

Getting a little tired of everyone involved with Avatar constantly putting Shoujo Kakumei Utena vibes in their characters.

Well, Cartoon Network does.
They're all about those show bombs, remember?

Sorry.

Space Tokiomi a cute.

So, Hunk is the first one to sleep with an alien, right?

Unless Shiro has forgotten an alien ex-girlfriend or something.

What if they're just fucking with us and there won't be another season at all?

When Keith grows a personality other than screaming hothead.

Bonus points if he gets a cool hat.

Actually that sort of format is super common with cartoons these days. Nick, CN and Disney all do it fairly often.

Official Sup Forums ships

Pidge/Katie
Lance/Sokka
Hunk/ a rock
Coran/Bret
Alura/the mice
Shiro/his glowy hand

I don't know why, but Allura constantly chanting "Father, Father" was kind of uncomfortable.

>When Keith grows a personality
At least he get those weird dorky moments once in a while. So he's not constantly brooding.

She looks more like loosed Anthy or Loran to me.

Finished it last night, really good but only complaint is the villains are kind of bland. I don't mind them being one-dimensionally evil because it adds to the feel of a saturday morning cartoon the show has, but I'd like them to have a bit more personality.

I'd really like it if the show became more like Star Fox with the villains constantly taunting and throwing one liners at the team.

Outside one off episode crushes?

Not at this point. Things might change if the show gets a definitive end date though.

I'm sure the Champion has gotten himself a few alien bootycalls. Probably without his consent too. That's what happens to prime gladiators.

Also, I hope Pidge's brother shows up as a double agent since Shiro turned out not to be one.

I don't think they will introduce romance any time soon.
They probably want to keep the show going for as long as possible and with romance you either have the pairings switch constantly (Korra) or you save it for the end-stretch.

Then I'll honor my heritage by bombing there hq

Are we ever gonna see her mom? She mentioned she does have one earlier.
What if she's Haggar? She does seem a little more "human" than the other Galran aliens

It always sounds weird when little kids call them father and not dad or papa.

Pidge with everybody or nothing at all, with lots of holding hands and romance

Alford being a good dad is so adorable.