Daily Japanese Thread - DJT #1950

This is a Japanese language learning thread designed by and for those interested in traditional otaku media such as anime, manga, light novels, Japanese video games, etc.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous thread 皆様、謹賀新年

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/GundaleSandeep/
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/っ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

皆!
今年一緒に頑張りました!
来年も続けろ!頑張ろう!

Glory this year, ill keep you posted

What are the differences between Tae Kim’s Complete Guide and Grammae Guide? Which should I be reading? I know the Guide says “the complete guide is incomplete” however can I get some details on this?

II think all you need is the grammar guide.

Another year of failure and jap scum laughing at me because I can't speak their gibberish.

Well?

I got this from /pol
a bit scare
mobile.twitter.com/GundaleSandeep/

What is this?

Some Indian predicted nuke strike in vegas new year eve

Indians eat all kind of funky food and then get these sort of hallucinations to appear. It happens all the time.

If I had a ¥ for every delusional conspiracy post from Sup Forums ... I could move to Japan, buy a dilapidated temple in the sticks, and live happily ever after.

if only it were true.

I think you can only use predicted if he was right.

If only

>predicted
no, he used the past form of predict correctly, because he did the prediction before his comment, perhaps "predicts" would have been MORE correct but predicted isn't wrong. also you can predict something and be wrong.

for example, I predict this post will have no (You)s.

I thought "He is predicting an attack" sounded more right. He is in the state of predicting. Or even, "He has predicted".

Even though English is my native language that doesn't mean I know what I am talk about though. You could be right.

この(あなた)をどうぞ

thanks leaves , it is very helpful for me to understand it.

for your, kinda spooky shrine pic

I see. I feel good now to hear that.

あけおめ
もち食べる時には注意してw

How exactly do I use to DoJG?

Am I supposed to guess the sentences that come up?

A boy asks to be praised by a girl and she says this:
>褒めた事ないっけ?あるよね?
Am I missing something? She asked if there was anything to praise for?

comfy as fuck holy shiiit

Seems like "I didn't praise you? I did didn't I?" not entirely sure though.

goddamn thanks. True that
happy new year by the way user-kun

Care to help a little further? I'm having trouble with this sentence
>さぞやあまっちょろい人生送って来たんだろう
What would be a good translation for this?

さぞや is used when teasing/bullying somebody ironically.

I am not sure good or not though. it is like
"You have been living a so much easy peazy life, aren't you?"

>さぞや is used when teasing/bullying somebody ironically.
damn I would never know that. Thank you so much

不要成长単芝

あけまして!

閉めましょう

Is the entire Gojuon chart "voiceless"? Then the ones with '' in the topright corner are "voiced"?

A K O M !
K
O
M
!

Not strictly speaking, since N/M/R and what not are voiced.

But if you're talking about the consonants that get dakutens, yes, K/S/T are voiceless and G/S/D are voiced.
The shift in the H row is a bit irregular though, as B is not the voiced version of H, and the handakuten P is the voiceless variation of B.

So is he just making up words or something?

あなたも粋な人だ

御上がり為さい。

It is an imperative sentence and means "eat" in this context and also could mean "come in" in another one in a kind way. It is used when grandparents or parents urge kids to eat. you might better use it only to children.

Is there a rikai for the new firefox yet?

Wondering if anyone can help me out on this. As I've been learning Kanji I see it's very common for readings ending in つ to become っ. For example 決定 becoming けってい instead of けつてい. I've been starting to get a feel as to what sounds right with these kind of reading.

Now my question is are there specific set in stone rules for when this is the case?

Read about rendaku, it's the name of the effect.
But it's not regular - some words have it, others don't. Given enough time, words that nowadays don't have rendaku might become rendaku'ed in the future, out of usage.

The only thing that is predictable is the kind of rendaku that will happen. A tsu will always become a glottal stop, a H will always become either B or P, etc.
Also voiced consonents generally don't have rendaku.

It happens more often than not before t- k- and s- sounds.

Don't think, feel.

rendaku is something a little different. OP is talking about the last mora of the first part of a compound turning into a っ.

rendaku is the first consonant of the second part of a compound becoming voiced.

As I don't believe that falls under rendaku which I'm pretty familiar with, though I could be wrong.

That's the pattern I've been noticing.

I'm currently translating the 6k anki deck deck and I want to kill myself (~1200 cards in), but I get the feeling that having that stuff in my native language definitely helps with memorization.

Did any of you guys did something similar, and did you think it was worth it?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/っ

Are you able to read this?

I'm not sure what your asking unless your asking
"how do I read this"
But the correct way of reading "けってい" is "Kettei" since the first letter infront of the small っ needs to be repeated a second time.

example: Ket tei (ket then tei)

Sorry if I wasnt much help.

読み方を教えればいいの?
Do we teach him to read?

For example.
括弧(カッコ) bracket
勝子(カツコ) person name
過去(カコ)past

Be careful, to read.

Well, maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, I'm just talking about two words being pasted together and changing sound, whatever the circumstance.

Hito hito -> hitobito
tatsu kusu -> takkusu
ichi haku -> ippaku, but it might stay ichihaku or
even become ichibaku if japs are feeling fancy.

Etc.

Protip: developing a film means revelar um negativo, not desenvolver um filme.

I for one don't mind doing it in English, but I don't know how comfortable you are with the language. If you're already used to the process of thinking in concepts abstractly, independently from language, you can learn it in English just fine and it will translate easily into Portuguese.

】これは、「私はプロセスです。」

全体のプロセス+ 1UPの最高点に!

>>「私のプロセスは、はりつけプロセスです」
>プロセスクリープ係数

>>は、変化の要因を認識し、>「十字架の私の思いやりのプロセス。」
>知覚変化係数プロセス

>クリープ係数は、「私のプロセスは、プロセスに十字架につけられている。」であります
>クリープ係数プロセス

クラウン起草過程+ 1UP!

今japanese threadにpostしたらbanされる恐れがあるので
こちらで質問します
今日で仕事の連絡するのは酷いですよね
ならばいつからするがいい?

一般的には1月5日から仕事始め

ありがとう

今、私は禁止されているの恐怖を持っているので、最悪の場合、接触作業今日では、私はあなたがスレッドまたは日本の後にそれを行う理由である、あなたはここで質問してますか?

> This year I will pass the JLPT N_
Fill in the blank

How the fuck do I even take the JLPT. Do I have to show up for it or can I take it online? How often are they held?

> This year I will pass the JLPT N0
Fill in the blank
>今年はJLPT N0を渡します
空欄に記入

there are testing sites, you have to take it in person. December 2 is the next one being held in america, testing for any given level costs $60
You have 11 months to get ready

are there any practice test? Don't want to have to wait a year only to find out I probably would have been an N3-4 fag instead of doing N5 right off the bat just to be safe.

[spoiler]More importantly why the fuck would you hold one once a year[/spoiler]

check their website. they have example problems and a deeper explanation of the sections for each level.

They're held twice a year in Japan, but testing is expensive. See: SAT, etc

this actually seems pretty easy.. (Looked through 1-4 and a bit of 5)

Can any other user confirm whether these are actually as easy as they look ?

That depends, do you have performance anxiety?

Yes but not to an extreme. (I can be a perfectionist) sounds like the timer for these test are the shit part though. I was never some one to get worked up on test when I was in highschool though. Just took my time (its just a fucking test)

N3 in July and I'm gonna aim high and say N2 in December. I just got back from Japan today and bought a bunch more stuff to read since I finished Yotsuba&! I'm applying for jobs too and am going again for the lunar new year in a month and a half.

>using Kanji for a word that should be written in kana
>using an uncommon version of a common word

We're reaching levels of pretentiousness that shouldn't be reachable.

it's the anti dirty gaijin scanlator firewall

But that describes all Kanji.
>inb4 homophones
You know this is a spoken language, right?

>pretentiousness
No, you're just a dumb cunt.

It worked. The English translation is almost incomprehensible.

Say that to me in the Hungry Jacks car park.

Retards like you ruin this site.

Why are you so angry? Did you spend another new years eve alone?

This year I am going to learn Japan!

>this year I am going to start learning Japanese

FTFY

Fuck off to a bad start

this is so beatiful.
Do you have more pictures like this one?

niggas relax its 600x400 aint nothing beautiful about 600 x 400

I am currently work on laptop but soon enough would need to use PC instead.
Is there some way for me to transfer my progress in anki from one pc to another?

I see.
Thank you

Denpending on how much media your decks use transfering the anki folder with a usb-stick might be faster than

取りあえず正月だし乾杯な

Is it me or is this thread more active than usual?
Is this because of new years resolutions?

ソレくらいで情操教育にいいのか???

あけおめ、みんな
今年もよろしく

日本語スレのみなさん、今年もよろしく

still a bit hungover 2bh... maybe only today I will not learn japanese

あけおめ
今年の目標教えてください

I'm currently heavily hydrating before bed so that I can continue to learn tomorrow without any problems.

生きがいをみつける

頑張れ

日本語なんて勉強したって無駄だよ
お前らが好きな漫画やアニメは中国に追い越される
中国語を勉強すべき

"諦めとけ" is unnatural a little.
"やめとけ" or "諦めろ" is better.

It only slow the first time. I have some piece of shit XP computer that downloads at like 50 kbit/s and it still okay the second time onward. First time was a pain though.

Not one day will be yielded to that demon Dekinai-chan! Time to attack!

are you a chinese anime director?
thank you for making good works of Japanese anime always

YOU THINK YOUR TEMPORARY DILIGENCE IS GOING TO SET ME BACK? I have dozens of lesser souls to feed from, and when your failure eventually come, I'll feast on it with even more delight.

THIS IS THE YEAR OF 出来ない.

諦めとけ is not unnatural at least for me as japanese