Was Batman v Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?

Was Batman v Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?

The fact that were even having this discussion proves it was.

Interesting

Yes

what?

No, that's called validation via response.

why contrarians and dc fanatics are protecting this turd so much?

You can have the deepest message ever and still have a terrible fucking script.

Yes. In 50 years professors will give lectures on the cultural significance and impact of BvS

it will became modern sw prequels

they'll be shifting through the rubble and say "this was the straw that broke the camels back"

Yes

Yeah, the most complex film of this decade since The Tree of Life

That's called being dumb for a Snyderkino

consider killing yourself fag

It was, but given time, people will grow to not hate it, but understand and love the film. Like Blade Runner, Fight Club and so many Kubrick films, the picture was simply too far ahead of its time.

The big problem is that with generic superhero entertainment coming out every few months, people have become conditioned to accepting a certain formula. BvS doesn't just violate this formula, it defiantly exposes its weaknesses by being a deconstruction of the entire genre.

When the viewer learns to break their conditioning, and patiently evaluate all that has been shown on screen and consider the context of these artistic choices, they will see that BvS is one of the most earnest epics to ever grace the cinema.

Yes. Anybody who says otherwise is a retarded pajeet.

Wonder Woman is better. You guys need to go see it as soon as you can.

They did a poor job expressing the themes they aimed for, but the subject matter is also junk. Superman and Bruce are shit characters and they're borderline retarded for letting the circumstances go as far as it did.

No. I think modern audiences might have understood it if they had given it a chance. Maybe it was just marketed wrong. Or maybe people just wanted something more idealistic. We live in tough times and people long for some escapism.

dum reddit marvelcuck kys based snyder maga praise kek thus spake zarathustra piss apollo saturday horses trees moby dick

You make this thread everyday almost as if Snyder makes you butthurt.

>comparing Snyder to Kubrick
The fact I can't even discern whether or not this is ironic proves that this place has gone to shit

if superheroes aren't idealistic, why call them superheros?

I got what they were going for with the "god" themes and I understood why saying "Martha" was a big deal. But it's only a big deal if you let the rest of the bullshit slide. You have to ignore the shit motives and decisions made by two characters that are supposed to be intelligent. They're not, at least not in this movie.

Because you want to tell a story about these characters but take a more subversive approach? For what it's worth, I don't think anyone in the movie used the word "superhero".

I think Superman is a horrible character, too.

Nice to see that went entirely over your head.

Are they meant to be intelligent? Batman was blinded by his anger and grieve, Superman obviously had major doubts about himself and his place on earth and Lex Luthor was mentally unhinged.

Sure, all of them are smart but also prone to mistakes considering their situation and their state of mind.

>is a character referred to as the world's greatest detective meant to be intelligent??

It was terribly edited, it didn't have a good balance between exposition and action, it had a lot of unnecessary bullshit (knightmare, Doomsday), Superman was still pretty much the same clueless idiot he was in the first one, and so many other issues with it.
I do somewhat appreciate trying to do something different, but it failed at everything it tried. It also doesn't help that you have these three iconic, archetypical characters and make them act the exact opposite of what made them become so iconic and archetypical.
I think it was just a case of nobody saying "no" to Snyder.

email attachment scene was pure kino