BvS is disliked for the same reason casuals dislike Final Crisis

BvS is disliked for the same reason casuals dislike Final Crisis.

Its an incoherant mess that cuts around everywhere with the final villain coming from nowhere and is big and epic but actally did diddly squat?

yes
And it's glorious.

I'm sorry I didn't realize BvS was a surreal metafictional romp with a nearly incomprehensible but also kind of clever story that dealt with event comics and the never ending nature of comic stories while also attempting to provide a dignified end for Kirby's beloved Fourth World so they won't have to be co scantly misused anymore, and that it ultimately fell short of its lofty goals while still being enjoyable and somewhat heartwarming despite it's unrelenting violence. I will recalibrate my independent thought sensors to better align with Snyder and his glorious DCEU. Anti-Life justifies my taste.

Snyder go to bed

>independent thought
read: Rotten Tomatoes

>while also attempting to provide a dignified end for Kirby's beloved Fourth World so they won't have to be co scantly misused anymore

That's bullshit. There was nothing dignified about how Morrison handled the new goods or pretty much all the female characters in the book.

>all the female characters in the book.
You have to go back.

Really? That's all you got. Fight against reality, ignore the rhetoric, remove your taste, do not address the material, do not question the film. Repeat buzzwords until you have achieved full saturation. All must believe as you believe. Rewrite reality until all that is left is the howling void, the hole in things. Face, it you can lie to yourselves all you want, but you can't change what went into people's eyes and ears when they walked into that theater. You can only rewrite the narrative after the fact, and it isn't working.

Also, TFA was a B- for me, would have been better without the Starkiller plot, felt like they were wasting time and retreading old ground so they had more story for the sequels.

I did say it fell short, didn't I? I never said Final Crisis totally worked, but it has almost nothing in common with BvS.

>TFA was a B- for me
Opinion discarded.

Grant Morrison worked on bvs?
That would explain a lot.

Why because you thought it was an F, or you thought it was an A+? Because both of those opinions are almost indefensible, and if you're OP you're kind of an idiot anyway.

I would give it a D or lower. It's a completely soulless trainwreck.
The prequels are much better.

>muh memes

Kek

More like, A Renewed Hope.

>Prequels are better

Yeah no you're stupid. Prequels did everything wrong that TFA did wrong with worse acting, dialogue, static cinematography, worse plot, poor art design, poor retcons.

He tried to explain, and when he saw that Batman wouldn't listen to reason, he started trying to subdue him to keep his options open (if Supes had to kill him).

Really not that hard. Anything else is nitpicking the way these things hapoen in any movie.
>Tony Bucky wasn't in control when he killed your parents.
>I don't care, the script said we have to fight.

Final Crisis is a much more competently constructed story. There are legitimate reasons to dislike BvS other than "IT'S JUST TOO DEEP FOR CASUALS"

>worse plot
-100000/10
The execution of that plot may have been eh, but the plot itself is much better than even the OT.

Not really. The complaint is that the fight FELT forced. As in, it was hard for anyone watching to suspend their disbelief because it was executed so poorly.

>Also, "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!!!!!!"

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that it's hypocritical to rag on bvs but not CW, when the fight there was just as badly written.

And for the last time, Ben completely sold that Martha scene, even if the script was contrived.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!

It's a poorly written mess that idiots think is deep because they've never read or seen anything intelligent in their miserable basement dwelling lives?

Sounds about right.

t. Alan Moore

Bats was seeing red, its stupid the way it turned out but he had a reason to not listen to him, to bad it was a dumb choice.

>Ill-defined trade dispute
>Random asshole kid with anger issues gets trained as a Jedi because of incomprehensible prophecy
>Queen's assassin works for people making Stormtrooper army for dead Jedi
>He also works for Sith
>Work with Stormtroopers and never, ever ask why Fett worked for both or where these things came from
>Jedi order falls in five minutes because Vader can't talk to his mentor for five seconds even though mentor already knows about the baby
>Yoda can't sense most powerful Force user in the galaxy three feet from him because of "Disturbance"
>Padme dies of plot convenience

Top tier writing there, yeah. Underrated masterpiece that only you can comprehend, not fan fiction slop that wouldn't have even gone into production if hadn't said "Star Wars" on the front.

Truly, you are a god among fucktards.

Daily reminder that TFA is miles better than any of the original movies

Yeah, but Tony being impulsive and not being able to instantly forgive his parents' murderer (even if he was forced), is a lot easier to swallow than Superman and Batman fighting because Superman wanted to be vague(?) about why he needed help and Batman is just paranoid or whatever his motivation was supposed to be.

Also, not the same poster. Never said I thought CW was written well, but saying "they did it too!" doesn't excuse the general awfulness of BvS's writing and weird filming decisions.

>I can't read

This is a literally meaningless statement. There is no such thing as "execution of the plot," there's just the plot. Plot IS execution. If the execution was bad, the plot was bad.

Maybe you mean the premise was good? That's insanely faint praise though.

>a lot easier to swallow
>the crux of my argument is baseless opinion
kek

>BvS is disliked for the same reason casuals dislike Final Crisis
Because they're both shit?

No.
Would you like to phone a friend?

No you can't read. I'm not talking about the execution, that is literally the plot. The whole thing hinges on the wise and powerful Jedi being less competent than the average police force. The bad guys make an army under a dead man's name using a mercenary who openly works for the bad guys, and during the entire war not once does a single person suspect that there is any kind of foul play. If a local police force found an arms dealer ordering weapons under a dead cop's name are you seriously telling me they wouldn't follow that lead?

The premise isn't good either, it's just the opposite of the OT premise. "Young Jedi fights the rebels" instead of "Young Jedi fights the Empire." It's until you throw in the shitty "Palpatine is a Sith" twist that it becomes vaguely interesting.

>and during the entire war not once does a single person suspect that there is any kind of foul play.
Not true.
Also, you missed the point of Star Wars as six films.
Luke is the marraige if the ideology of the order to a man who has lived 19 years outside of it, creating a better path for the new Jedi, free of the flaws that caused Anakin's downfall.
Thats LITERALLY the point of Star Wars.

Yes I would like to Call OP. He's an expert on faggot things.

>666
Because grant morrison

Which one is Final Crisis again?
Is that the one where Black Canary's face is stapled to Frankenstein?

>666
Alan Moore has spoken, Final Crisis is shit.

Oh don't even start with that ring theory "six movies" crap. I don't give a shit what the "point" is, the quality of a story is not determined by the "point." Lucas could have written in whatever flaws he wanted into the Jedi, they could have been corrupt, or decadent, or militaristic, but he chose stupidity which means the whole time you're watching it's about idiots failing to do their jobs, getting murdered and doing busywork while the villains do what they please with impunity.

These movies are not documentaries, why can't you people understand this? These stories do not exist until the writer puts them down and amends them. There is no "well it had to be that way because of this other plot element." The whole thing was made up, whole cloth, inspired by other, better stories. The idiot decisions guys like Lucas and Snyder make are what leads to these story beats, they don't have to do anything. They fucked up.

>the quality of a story is not determined by the "point."
uber pleb

I think its the one where they mind wipe batman after plastic dude's wife gets raped.

Yes, Satan.

Isn't that Identity Crisis? Or is that the one where Mega Man's creator rapes somebody?

No, that's Identity Crisis.
I think Final Crisis is the Black Lantern one where there are zombies?

That's Blackest Night.

Final Crisis is the one where Supergirl and Flash die.

It's okay, user. Years of Cartoon Network and Sup Forums have rendered your brain soft, like butter or diarrhea. It's not your fault you can only speak in memes. You're just an idiot, but it's okay. Your mother still loves you even though no one else will, and we don't blame you.

>it's a samefags baiting each other rerun
>540 replies and 92 images omitted. Click here to view.

Singing?

That's Crisis on Infinite Earths. That one I remember because it was the first one.
Which was the one with Superboy Prime? Was that Final Crisis? Because it might be but it feels like it was too long ago.

I'm seriously asking btw because DC goes in for these big events so often I've lost count.

at least Final Crisis got a dozen or so tie-ins to fill the blanks

I hated BvS but loved Final Crisis, OP.

Also, if you liked the movie, then that's fine. But stop shitposting because you're only making yourself look like a desperate faggot. Calm down.

HAIL

it's a shitty unnecessary story full of wrong characterization, more holes in the plot than there is holes in swiss cheese and it's grimm dark for no other reason that the person creating it likes to wank it to the "comics should be dark and grim like real life" schlock

I can smell the quips from here.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Lmfaoooo

Go Home Ayn Rand you're drunk

>Not Muh

Yeah, we knew this from the start.

>I am become Bait, Destroyer of Worlds

The people who don't get Final Crisis and who do like BvS are the same.

>or pretty much all the female characters
Wow, who fucking cares

>Which was the one with Superboy Prime?
Infinite Crisis. Of course, Superboy Prime first showed up in a COIE tie-in, so... y'know.

>the script said we have to fight.

My God, that defensive position.

You mean people saying it's gonna be the biggest event in superhero media history, but turned out in the end to be not just overhyped, but easily the worst work in its creators entire history?

Morrison SHAT all over Fourth World. Anti-Life Equation was supposed to be anthithesis of free will, not "mathematical proof that Darkseid owns the universe" (which pretty much removes entire mythological angle of Fourth World - New Genesis was free will, Apokolips was subjugation - here, Apokolips is just generic villains who want to invade Earth because??????????) and fucking DEFINITELY isn't supposed to sound like a nursery rhyme about negative emotions, or an early draft for Batman Beyond opening.

Morrison isn't very good about respecting works he uses.

That's not how reality works. Emotions don't diffuse themselves just because someone is right.

Really, that's probably the most brilliant part about Civil War, really.

People still trying to find excuses as to why people hated BvS is a reflection of how WB has restructured the entire company because of BvS but refuses to fire Snyder.

>5 cents has been deposited to your account

He's accusing you of being a Marvel drone.

>The prequels are much better

BvS fans, everyone.

>prequels
>better
>when the prequels are such a writing failure that they don't even manage to specify who the protagonist of the movies is

>the prequels are much better

>Cartoon Network
Comicfags are the reason this board is shit

Kek.

DIS nigga gets it.

lol