How come no one ever talks about this show on here? It's fucking great...

How come no one ever talks about this show on here? It's fucking great. Just finished the series and am wondering what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vw5pYWb-Ppc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one talks about it because its shit. No one watched it either so its few fans have severe leftovers syndrome

Because it started off mediocre, went to shit, and had a horrid final season.

As much as season 4 didn't live up to the levels of the rest of the series (rehashing the Eli under law enforcement's thumb plot)..

I have to say that season 5 is fucking brilliant. From the casting decisions for young Nucky, cop-Nucky, young-Gillian. Honestly, how do you find a fucker that resembles a younger Steve Buscemi? Young Gillian's mannerisms, inflection were all spot on. It was great casting.

The very last scene of young Nucky underwater, with the narration of the poem:
>Be honest and true, boys.
>Whatever you do, boys,
as he actually grabs the coin, as actual-Nucky dies

I don't know. The show was never my favourite, but there were so many plots, moments, characters, and humour that really fucking stuck with me.

Overall, the two worst things about the show: Jimmy dying too early in the show. Arnold Rothstein not being in the last season -- yeah, I know he was dead by then IRL, but fuck it, I love Stuhlberg.

the grace granted by the casting of flashback-nucky was undone with the idiotic "WHY MA'AM I'M NUCKY THOMPSON" line.

There was clearly a rather large disconnect between writing, editing, and direction that always gave the series an "off" feeling. Lines that may have written well sounding like tin once they were spoken (and no one pointing this out) and scenes that were pointless and redundant left in despite how they fucked up the pacing, resulting in cases where the series would meander along for several episodes then end up rushing to get from plot point to plot point before the season ended.

It's sad, when it was airing everyone here was talking about Walking Dead...

Yes, totally not a shill thread. A totally generic question with no added commentary by OP.

I swear to fuck, if I were a Sup Forums admin I would have already used my immense wealth to travel the globe and chop the hands off every one of these faggot posters.

why do you think it's shit? I enjoyed it though I felt it was missing something

My reason for starting the thread is because no one talks about it and I thought it was good, not my favorite but still really good.

There was definitely something off about it but the characters were great, acting was great, interesting stories and sub plots and good dialogue.

Killed off the best character in season 2. Jimmy was on-par, if not better than, Nucky and they just fucking kill him off.

Possibly because he was stealing the show? who knows.

After he died, the show took a noticeable slope.

It's not great, it's good. Which means it lacks the potential for discussion praising it or shitting on it

Why would someone shill a long finished series? The only place you can buy it now is for like 39.99 on amazon. That's how I bought my boxer anyway

We had some great live threads when it was running
Sup Forums basically worshipped Richard and the Harrowing was one of my favorite moments in the history of the board
That and the time Jimmy and Gillian fucked
Van Alden was always /myguy/ though, Michael Shannon was amazing

Jimmyfags plz
Michael Pitt acted like a cunt to everyone and got kicked off, go blame him

Boxset*

Boardwalk threads on Sup Forums when it was airing were the fucking greatest.

Now I'm all nostalgic about it

show went to shit when they killed off Jimmy

it went to more shit when they killed off the Tin Man

My nostalgia for the old threads now ends when I remember anons like this

Because Mad Men was getting the attention for THE MOST IMPORTANT SHOW ON TELEVISION OMG LOOK INDEPENDENT WOMYN IN A MAN'S WORLD AND THE RISE OF CIVIL RIGHTS SO IMPORTANT AND PROGRESSIVE I'M COMING.
Meanwhile, Boardwalk Empire was simply a great show.
Protip: when the writer's room of The Sopranos spilt, the better craftsmen went to Boardwalk Empire.

I remember my first bait

BE fags are like Wire fags. they watched babbies first big boy show and can't understand why the adults don't like it.

Never forget Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=vw5pYWb-Ppc

BE was the flick equivalent of a show. I enjoyed it for what it was. Until s5 of course.

They just decided killing off every character except the faggot brother was the best they could do. Van alden's death was especially fucking trash

went to shit after jimmy died

and what would be an adult's show?

meh s2 wasn't that great either. S1 was the only season that was above average.

>triggered

Boardwalk was kino

yeah it was pretty reddit.

I will not user.

I fucking loved Boardwalk Empire, but yeah its not on par with The Wire/The Sopranos

>implying the wire is good

neo Sup Forums get out this is a nostalgia thread
put on the Drive soundtrack in the background
and relive the old days that will never come back ;_;

>neo/tv/
b2/v/ please faggot. No wonder why you have no taste.