What went wrong?

What went wrong?

They fell for the reboot meme

They still make stuff that isn't Batman or closely related to Batman.

Same thing that happened to Marvel: They got taken over by their own fans. They're businesses run by people who shouldn't be running businesses. It's a snake eating its own tail. Fans shouldn't run the business, they don't have objectivity to know quality, or ambition to create anything other than what they already like.

Doing diversity and not "diversity" the daft twats.

They got a shittier logo and then a bland logo

Eh, Mangakas all tend to be big manga fans, and Moore, Morrison, Miller and most of the 80s writers were big fans

So what you're saying is the have jew deficiency?

Rode Batman too long. let Batman get all grim and moody. Decided everything needed to become as dark as batman had become. No more fun.

I wonder if you fucks have read any of the rebirth tittles, considering that not even batman looks fucking dark

By and large themes 52 was horrible, but DC You was a slight improvement and Reborth seems to have a lot of worthwhile titles. Not to mention DC's gigantic catalogue of amazing works. I don't get why people on this board are so fucking negative.

Too many reboots

too many Crisis

>too many Crisis
They only had Two reboots, for real, everyone knows that infinity crisis was a fucking retcon and so was a stuff like Zero Hour, the only real reboot was COIE and Flashpoint

Tried too hard to be Marvel.

Too many reboots and retcons

DCYou was better than rebirth though.

you tell me

It's not their fault people only want to read bat books.

Hey, it's not DC's fault the only thing for them that has sold in the past is Batman and related properties.

Maybe things will be different in the Rebirth era, though.

What's even worse is Batgirl got the #50 bump. #49 was 24,730

maybe if all the people that whine about Batman actually bought stuff things would be different

>DCYou was better than rebirth though.
Oh boy this, yeah because the super line was soo good and stuff like doomed was great right ? be real, the only worthwhile thing there was Midnighter and Omega man

Even making Ivy and Harley confirmed lesbos didn't help?

Not much right now. I've enjoyed every Rebirth book and even the most heinous DC titles (Earth 2 ) are improving

>maybe if all the people that whine about Batman actually bought stuff things would be different

But Batfags are the only ones buying things.

All this tells me is that Star ars is more popular than capes are in their on medium. The people who said BvS should have made as much as Force Awakens were delusional. Even if it was a fucking master piece it would have fallen shy by about 500 mil. Avengers will never match Star Wars either for that matter

Harley is more popular now than ever. What the fuck are you talking about?

Nope. All it did was cause current fans to just changeup the books they read without buying anything more.

Please go back to the John Byrne forum.

Martian Manhunter was also good. But yeah, I think Sup Forums was more in love with the idea of DCYou rather than the DCYou titles themselves. There were honestly better C and D listers books in the New 52

And Prez, All Star section eight, Martian Manhunter, Robin, Constantine, Seeley Squad, continuing series like Valentine's Catwoman and Grayson. Paktion comics was good as well, until the wrath reveal.
Enjoy your editorial mandated movie ads with rebirth.

The problem was that all the great stuff was already over when the other tittles were reaching 12, stuff like Section 8 was over, Prez was over and the only reason omega man even finished was because of Didio being based as always

>Batfags are the only ones that buy comics

does this make everyone else casuals?
or are they too cool to pay for stuff and then complain about people paying for things?

>editorial mandated movie ads
Oh yeah, because The whole Lex being superman and Batman with the Gotham spirits is totally movie shit right ?

The Rebirth books haven't even started yet...

>Constantine
And everyone was shitting on Seeley squad and Valentines catwoman was pre DCYou so theres that, and you are delusional if you think Pak action was that good, the artwork was the best thing there

>everyone was shitting on Seeley squad
that never happened.
>Valentine's Catwoman
I already said it was continued from before DCYou.

You missed the first issue storytime where everyone was saying that it was movie synergy shit or something ? and everyone pretty much said that it was average

Because the first issue wasn't that great, and was just a setup with a twist at the end. It picked up in the second issue and the storytimes from second issue have been positive.

i don't really remember that part, but hey if you think so thats actually good

That's because all the shitposters usually go to Marvel storytimes.

>DiDio and Lee
>shitting on DC legacy
>fans of anything

Tbh, Dan is pretty bro considering all the shit he helps keep afloat like omega man and Jonah Hex

DCYou was DC trying to be Image and pretty much failing besides a few good things. Rebirth is (hopefully) DC trying to be DC again.

He can't afford not to be.

Fair enough, but the point is that they never thought of this as fans. They were acting precisely as executives running a business, and it backfired.

Lol DC Rebirth was May's best selling comic. Try harder op.

This times ten. People who only read comics are the worst people to write comics.

>tips

Ya can't believe they stole the man of steel plot line where superman died and then post-crisis superman came back but it was always post-crisis in reality so who knows what his deal is.

Those hack frauds