Supergirl thread

Are you guys hyped for the Orlando ongoing?

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lar-On_(Earth-One)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's my most hyped book of Rebirth aside from Batman. Midnighter was probably the best thing to come out of the new 52.

That kid is walking.

Is he batgirl?

The concept as described doesn't do anything for me and it feels like he was given this sort of heavy synergistic book in return for getting one he actually cares about (probably JSA) that hasn't been announced yet.

But maybe it will surprise me.

>Midnighter was probably the best thing to come out of the new 52.
I wonder if it's because he's gay.

I don't like the art
I don't like Superman
The premise doesn't sound very interesting

I want to give it a try but...I don't know...

Yes a lot.

I want to be atom and climb in her hair

I've never been interested in Supergirl in my life, but I'm hype for Orlando's run. The fact that he's bringing back a Bronze Age villain in the very first issue already makes me happy, but if he can actually deliver on his promise of developing Kryptonian culture this might turn out to be one of the best Rebirth books.

Why does he look like Alex Wilder now.

Or is it another black dude?

Nah, just because the book was well written in general and has amazing paneling/overall art composition. It doesn't hurt that he wasn't the average boring gay character though.

Absolutely
I don't mean to take away from or imply the book itself wasn't good. But in comparison to other Wildstorm characters and even Midnighters first few appearances as a DC charachter, were consistently somewhere between lack luster and just plain awful.

It seems like they made way more of an effort to correct and use him than anyone else in that group of characters. And I think it might be because he was an established/popular gay character that they would get the diversity follow as well as comic book fans that respected him before.

The art looks great

Nah, Seeley's a Wildstorm fan so he decided to use him in Grayson, then Orlando came up with an interesting pitch and the editors supported him. The gay part might have been part of the reason DC decided to give the book a try, but it's not really what made the book great. That's on the writer and his love for the character.

Very much so. Orlando was probably my favorite of the DCYou class

Sure am.

Not until Orlando acknowledges in-book that New 52 Silver Banshee isn't a villain.

that Cyborg Superman is kind of sexy... wtf

slowclap.gif

you're probably just a slut

This. Somebody recc me good cyborg superman stories so I can get up to speed on him before this comes out

This is a different character, not Henshaw. It's Kara's father, who was turned into a cyborg.

Some silver banshee

>What’s different in your mind between Earth and Krypton and how much worldbuilding are you getting to do with that?

>Orlando: Well, I mean, without getting into specifics, a lot of worldbuilding. I mean, you know, one thing that I found very exciting to me, as someone who’s lived in other countries, about Kara in the New 52 is that when she came here she didn’t speak English.

>Right.

>Orlando: So I am creating, at least in Supergirl, I’m creating like real grammar rules for Kryptonian so nerds can translate it and read it and try to learn it.
>So, the language is different, the culture is different, and we’ll see that sort of play out in the way that she sees different things, whether it’s food, whether it’s family, whether it’s sports.
>Y’know, Krypton, for me, I love that sort of Silver Age weirdness and so, I look back and, y’know, we’re leaning into this sort of wild strangeness of comics that I think are wonderful – if you’ve read my other books – and Krypton is a great example of that.
>There’s no reason for it to be too similar to Earth. But you’ll see, as we go through the first issue, I love the strange flora and fauna. I love the sort of diversity of cultures, because one thing that always sort of shocked me is that it’s a whole planet, but it always seems like there’s only one type of Kryptonian culture. And, for me, in my world, they can all exist there. Because, y’know, there’s no one Earth culture. And more so, if there is one Kryptonian culture, then that sort of talks about the sacrifices they’ve made to get there as a people. So it is intrinsically different and I think that’s one of the reasons that she is sort of torn between Earth and Krypton now. But the difference is Krypton let Kara go and Earth has welcomed her here.

I'm hype.

I will read it because based Orlando but I wish I was more excited for it

Why are people so obsessed with that friendship? I thought it was easily the worst part of the Nu52 book.

Orlando seems a strange choice to write a teenage girl. I hope he introduces some more silver age shit, including comet as well.

Yeah. Orlando from what I've seen treats characters really well, even very different ones. Hyped for his take on Supergirl for sure.

It does seem lighter than his general output, but maybe he wants to branch out

He's introducing this guy dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lar-On_(Earth-One) so there should be some fun stuff at least

LOOK AT HER LEGS

Holy fuck, user.

too soon

>sismance
>worst

>>That kid is walking
probably or Kara just has a type

Ahahahaha oh god this is going to be delightful.

If Supergirl is 50% girl stuff and 50% weird-ass shit, it should come out nice.

So this going to be peter David run taken to 11. Remember Andy

The end

Kara's had far more interesting relationships in the past.