The Mist TV Show Will Be Like a 'Weird Cousin' to the Movie and the Original Story

>A new featurette, “Reimagining The Mist,” explores how the show’s creator turned a 180-page novella into a series, while still staying true to the spirit of King’s tale.

>Quite obviously, the TV version of The Mist won’t confine its action to a single supermarket, and it will bring several new characters into the fold—as well as delve deeper into elements that are only hinted at on the page. “It’s like a weird cousin to the [2007] movie or to the original story, with clear points of inspiration and plot points that are all the same,” explains showrunner Christian Torpe. “And yet it’s sort of its own beast.”

youtu.be/MBmMUy30uCM

This is going to suck.

That trailer was fucking terrible.

fucking love the movie. I have 0 expectations for this so I might be pleasantly surprised

So far I haven't seen anything alluding to there being actual monsters in the mist. It looks like they are going with the "made for tv" cheap out that the mist is the monster, causing hallucinations and craziness. Lame.

The "real monsters" in the mist movie were terrible.

CGI might have been a bit naff, but the monsters were good.

>we dont have the budget for monsters so fuck it we'll just make a relationship drama and say the the monsters are us

get out pls

it's a shit movie too sorry friendo

not going to watch anything related to the mist because they killed the boy. and i'm going to tell everybody i know to NOT watch anything related to the mist.

anons, do not watch anything related to the mist.

Shit opinion.

>instead of following a group of soldiers tasked with eliminating all kinds of fucked up interdimensional beings we're gonna focus on the shitty drama of survivors stuck in a supermarket.

Just make BPRD the series.

>more characters
God damn do I hate shows with 50 main characters. Plot always ends up moving at a snail's pace because hey we gotta watch how 50 people react to the same event before the plot moves forward, and if there's a single character you don't like, all his screentime because wasted time. But hey, gotta shove in as many characters as they can to appeal to as many demographics as possible, amirite.

Shit post.

They dont have the balls anymore to make ending like the movie

That was the best part (most distrubing too)

I concur with this

That ending was laughable, m8.

>another king tv adaptation
lost considerable amount of my life on under the dome and 12.34.56 or whatever. no thanks

SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIEEET

>the monsters were us all along
Holy shit!

>JFK was assassinated on November 34th, 1956

Yeah I'm sure you wasted plenty of time considering you can't make heads or tails of the title

I laughed at the end of this film when they all kill themselves/each other. My friends laughed too.

The Mist a shit. King adaptations a shit. Hollywood bereft of ideas and a shit.

BOO

haha sorry if I scared you

The first hour of that movie was pretty strong and then it turned to shit, culminating in one of the most laughable endings I can think of

Were the monsters actually real or was it all in their heads? I'm going to say real considering how The Mist possibly ties into Dark Tower and the monsters could be from Todash space.

Who the fuck has this shit of an opinion? Did the movie touch a nerve and the only way you can deal with your feelings is by acting like a tough guy? It's ok, show me on this doll where the movie touched your feefees

So is this going to be about the military opening the portal and shit? Otherwise it's not worth even pirating

Not season one anyway, looks like its a mall instead of a supermarket now.

I like it when people with bad taste get upset and then act like morons so that I can remain comfortable with my belief that stupid people have shit taste and in this case confirm that my opinion re: The Mist is 100% correct

Well, The Dark Tower alludes to there being many worlds, I don't know if the creatures or mist are necessarily todash, but they are definitely connected to the greater King mythos.

I always thought that the creature from It was todash since it was more demonlike and possessed sentience. These just seem to be wildlife from another fucked up dimension.

they were real, the army was burning nests when the mist started disappearing

they came from another dimension

> be me
> Battlestar Galactica reboot announced
> can't wait to see Cylons
> they're just people

pre-dropped

>because they killed the boy
Are you a faggot?

fuck off, it was an awesome and novel concept to have a big fog just produce and surround you with lovecraftian horrors. Now it is just generic crazy gas

/Who said there wasnt monsters in the show?

pls no
They would fuck it up even worse.

>they're just people

>took a 180-page novella and turned it 360°

Am I the only one that wanted to see an "Aliens" like sequel from the militarys point of view? It woulda been pretty sick seeing them blast a ton of sweet looking monsters.

"Hey Dave, remember that time we fought inter-dimensional spider beasts??"

"Yeah yeah yeah! We got em with the flamethrower!!"

>instead of following a group of soldiers tasked with eliminating all kinds of fucked up interdimensional beings
This is something I really want to see, in either movies, shows or games but it seems to be such a limited/untouched genre. One of the only example that I can think off the top of my head is [REC] 2
If you know any things like these, please recommend

that looks gay af people actually watch this shit? lmao

I got burned with Under the Dome. Never again.

I'll read a SK book if I want my King-fix.

XTro (or maybe XTro 2?)

They could've done something different seeing how King is a cuck.
Throw most of it in the trash and just do a miniseries about the people trapped in the grocery store and how they are creating a new religion to worship the creatures.

In the end you'd have the main believer killing the last person left and just getting shot in the head by the army because he clearly went crazy.

Roll credits. King can fuck off.

Why do women pretend to enjoy Lovecraft?