>whats wrong with eggs though?
>AHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>WHATS WRONG WITH EGGS??! KARL YOU FUCKING IMBECILE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_XIvq-_9Nc
imdb.com/title/tt0365478/
youtube.com/watch?v=NkCgd7LcayA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn83knj7gdQ
reddit.com/r/rickygervais/comments/68f4uo/i_have_a_couple_of_old_xfm_episodes_on_tape_how/?sort=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he was 100% right about the "if you had a perfect clone with all your memories, how would you know you arent the clone" bit

youtube.com/watch?v=6_XIvq-_9Nc

>it's a ricky and steve shits on lord of the rings episode

fucking reeeeeeeeeeee

>it's a "Karl is right but Ricky still mocks him" episode

what a fucking pleb.

Spotted the nerdlingers

He was completely right about VR glasses too.

>how would you know which one is you

No that is absolutely retarded. You fucking idiot.

Not an argument Ricky.

he's right about a lot of things, he just often articulates it in an unintentionally hilarious way.

>it's awhole premise of the show is to provide to audiences the feeling of laughing at an idiot alongside an elite intelligent British comedian, but the designated idiot does the most thinking and the 'intelligent' comedian just laughs that he didn't say it the way a textbook would have, and at the shape of his head' industry

Ricky & Steve interpreted this to mean "how would I know which of the two bodies I was controlling" as opposed to what he actually means which was "how would I know if I was the original or a perfect copy". He actually hit on a good point but he says it in such a retarded way that the other guys don't understand him.

Stephen is the only intelligent one. Ricky is juts as dumb as Karl if not dumber.

You can tell Stephen is more intelligent than Ricky simply because he understands what Karl is *trying* to communicate a lot of the time. Ricky cant see past his own self-satisfaction to develop any kind of analytical or abstracting skills.

Karl says some dumb stuff but Ricky's just trying to force the idea that he's a massive idiot, and ends up coming across as even more of one.

He doesn't say it in a retarded way. He says it in a way that communicates the idea perfectly to anybody who doesn't assume he always means the stupidest thing you can think of.

Nah Ricky is actually a smart guy, he is often able to eloquently explain things that Karl brings up off-the-cuff. For instance he talks about the critical mass of insects due to their spiracles requiring a certain surface/volume ratio. Or when Karl is talking about "bum tubes" and Ricky explains about colonic irrigation. He does know a lot of stuff and can explain it relatively eloquently and seemingly without any preparation. He trips up once or twice when he's in a rush to paint Karl as an idiot but you have to remember that is literally the point of the show and almost all of the time it pays off.

Pretty much. They wouldn't use words like dumbass though. Also Karl would say:
>'cos y'know like its good to 'av coffee an' that

Stephen is also the funnier one out of the two.

Ricky only got famous because his name and face was plastered everywhere. Honestly, he got famous from stealing the credit for Stephen`s work. No wonder they went their separate ways.

I get the sense from Steve that he resents normies for liking "nerd stuff" now and so takes it out on the source material. Maybe its his only way of asserting his maturity idk

If they had all their memories they would think they were the original as well though.

>Karl
A nice guy and could be very interesting if he had a decent education. Most likeable one by far.
>Stephen
Quite smart and quick, but clearly has some resentment against chads and normies which seeps out in quite a distasteful way. He tries to play off the reject persona as though it doesn't bother him, when it clearly bothers him massively.
>Ricky
Worst one. Head is shoved so far up his arse he can never admit when he's wrong. He regularly ruins the comedy by not giving Karl any credit and jumping on him for the smallest thing. Like Stephen he seems to be full of resentment, only for him its about intelligence and how he doesn't feel properly recognized. Millennial Woes did a good video years ago called Why I Hate Ricky Gervais.

Ricky isn't really dumb, to be fair, but he is very stubborn and arrogant. He can be frustrating because he refuses to entertain Karl's uniqueness in anything more than a comedy routine.

An Idiot Abroad is the perfect example. There was an opportunity to let Karl see the world and really immerse himself in a new nation and culture. But it was made to be the most hellish experience possible, just so he would hate it and complain. I know it's funny, but it just comes off as condescending.

You shouldn't waste your time developing a sense for that sort of shite, user. Unlike Karl you're no species of idiot.

oh sure, if you enjoy wallowing in the idea of yourself as a poor brave little victim unfairly reviled by people smarter than yourself he's a nice guy

I'm not noticing much gloating over the election. Can't think why.

>Karl comes up with two film ideas which are original, thought-provoking, and existential
>Ricky and Steve shit all over it because its suggested by Karl
I sometimes wonder what would happen if Karl read something by James Joyce that they'd never heard before and claimed it was his. They probably wouldn't be able to look past their own biases and would say that it's bad.

>it's a Karl is a misunderstood genius thread

Stephen and Ricky have a tendency to parody themselves when Karl isn't around. I don't think Stephen is genuinely upset about the fame Ricky got from The Office, it's just a joke.

That's got to be one of the most convoluted defenses of Pilkington I've ever seen someone make. He's not what you guys insist he is (intelligent, decent, misunderstood). He's a thick, boring, whiny twat.

Probably because this is Sup Forums and not Sup Forums

Besides the whole "tough Brexit talks ahead" thing is a meme. Leaving the EU will be a cakewalk and it's not like Merkel is in a position to waste money "punishing" us.

Why would you even waste time doing that?

He's not a genius by any means, but he's not really given a chance.

>"Travel broadens the mind Karl! You'll really love India"
>Meanwhile Ricky makes it out to be the worst fucking experience of his life
>"What do you mean you didn't love it Karl!?"

Like what the fuck?

Fuck James Joyce.

Post something by him so I can laugh.

>the most hellish experience possible
What's the worst thing that happened to Karl? Having to sit on a bus with loads of coughing Chinese people? Karl was just playing up the miserable git persona for the audience.

Having to go to India. Twice.

>Meanwhile Ricky makes it out to be the worst fucking experience of his life
>"What do you mean you didn't love it Karl!?"
Do you not get that that's the joke? Karl probably did like the experiences secretly but no one would watch it if he was just having fun all the time.

>he's not really given a chance

Yeah, where's my head? I take it all back.

because Sup Forums's full of femdom-loving wastemen

he was absolutely right about swapping bodies with teh doctor so they know what symptoms youre feeling

>spend at most a week or two in another country
>no time to adjust
>intentionally given the worst accommodation in the country for a joke
>sleeps next to the poor and even a fucking tranny
>hours on a bus in India
>hours on a bus in China
>Routinely fucked with

It's amazing he didn't tell Ricky to fuck off.

desu I'd watch that Clive Warren movie if it ever got made

No argument here. Shovel the sabotaging Blairite muck onto the heap with 'em.

Scratch that, three times. This is counting Moaning of Life.

>no time to adjust

It did
imdb.com/title/tt0365478/
How more people don't point it out surprises me still.

>be impoverished tranny
>forced to sleep beside distressingly ugly, rancid-smelling mongoloid
>mongoloid receives money to ride bus and train
>you get nothing

Shit, it's the same thing minus the romance

Who is this hating on?

Yes he was in principle but the thing is the guy is genuinely too dumb to properly express what he actually means.

That's why Ricky jumps on him when he says "how would I know which one I was" because the construction of discussing whether you would know if you are the clone or the original is a pretty fucking easy concept to word. Pretty sure the guy got tested and had an IQ of about 80.

This is correct except for the part that Karl is dumb.

Good. It's overrated hogshit.

This. The clone would have the memory of being cloned and existing before the clone so there'd be no way to tell if you werent really the clone

mr london wasn't warmly disposed towards strike breakers

He was right about the whole "is it me or is it my brain" thing

>too dumb to express himself
Except for all the people who knew what he meant.

>brit
>coffee
fuck off

It was still ambiguous, and besides, its a comedy. Karl was well compensated for being treated like a buffoon

>amazing he didn't tell Ricky to fuck off
Are you implying that Karl just did it four the experience? He was paid handsomely, and pretty much told how to act. He and Ricky laughed all the way to the bank dude

>You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole

That boat he was on with Warwick was probably the worst. That cabin he had to share with the Chinese peasants and that bathroom makes my skin crawl.

>it's a "baitposter successfully makes all the idiots on Sup Forums fess up on their lowly iq"

That wasn't the point of the hypothetical question! the point was, what would you do with a clone of yourself?

if I hypothetically fucked it, would it be gay sex or masturbation?

>"why spend money on her if she's just going to die on me anyway"
Any other times Karl was wrong?

Was Ricky's film reviews kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=NkCgd7LcayA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn83knj7gdQ

How was he wrong there? Would you buy a TV if you were told it would break in a year or two?

Gay sex

That depends. Do I have another TV? If no, then yes I would. I just would get the cheapest kind available

Season 1 is absolute gold.
>I were only meant to be playing the drums to we three kings but it went down such a storm

Yeah no need to feel bad for Karl, he was in on the joke and got a huge career boost from just being a producer, and semi-celebrity status for it as well

reddit.com/r/rickygervais/comments/68f4uo/i_have_a_couple_of_old_xfm_episodes_on_tape_how/?sort=new

Why did he lie about this?

For the sweet 106 upboats.

Ricky is such a cunt.

>wants to stop giving aid to africa because he knows they're a lost cause
is he
dare I say it
/our guy/?

Why do they pronounce "Kyle" like "Carl?"