That time you tried to show someone one of your favorite movies, and instead they played on their phones...

>that time you tried to show someone one of your favorite movies, and instead they played on their phones, talked or just plain didn't pay any attention to the film

What movie was it, Sup Forums?

You have friends?
get out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was worse, they fell asleep.
Katyn (2007)

Asking them flat out what they are doing. I can't have that shit. Either watch the movie with me, or play with your phone. Not both

John Carpenter's The Thing

"How am I supposed to care or get into this if I don't know who the bad guy is?"

>i don't know how to interact with people
this thread

It's not other people's job to appreciate you by proxy and most people don't identify with art or cultural artifacts they didn't create (like movies or your fav band, whatever).

You get points for being you and doing things yourself and most of the people in your life will prefer to keep their awe of artists and those with social cache separate from their immediate friends/family/loves.

You think a senator doesn't get shit from his wife? That a pop singer never has arguments with her old friend from college? That your favorite director isn't criticized heavily by his or her mom?

People treat people like shit when they are not being in the moment. Watching a movie together (unless its a comedy or bad movie you all make fun of) is not interactive, it's like you're trying to hide away from social experience if you want to show people 'serious' movies that 'mean a lot to you'. So they passive aggressively text on their phones to punish you.

Interact with people, be civil, when they do something for you reciprocate, if you like someone even a little bit do a few favors for them, learn to ask for favors in return. Everyone needs a support system and social inadequacy can quickly isolate people who always want to do something non interactive in order to hide in their safe spaces.

never cared for this pasta, seems like it's projecting too hard.

That's literally never happened to me because I'm not an autist. You should know your friend well enough to know whether they'll have an interest in a movie you love. Stop forcing your taste on people who don't like the same things as you.

>I have never had to sit and watch a movie with friends that I didn't care for but watched anyway because you're having fun with friends

WEW LAD
E
W
L
A
D

I have a pretty small friend group these days admittedly but they're all people who are into film and we watch movies together weekly

I used to do that when I was younger but don't have the time for that shit anymore

Batman V Superman

>normies fall asleep with kino
On other news, water is wet

If I am watching a film with a few of my friends, we never watch anything any of us already saw, it has to be a fresh new experience for everyone.
The experience is completely different if you know that the person beside you already saw and absolutely loves the film and vice versa. There's nothing worse than watching a film and the person beside you evaluating your feelings and telling you "ooh now look at this, this means this and that" etc.
The only exception is if ALL of you already saw the film and want to rewatch it.

If you like a certain film, you just recommend it to your friend so he can watch it in his free time. When you're together watch something none of you saw, much more pleasing experience.

The Godfather.

complained nothing was going on

this is when i use a straw as a blowgun

when some faggot pulls out his phone during a movie and hes in my sight hes getting a spitball

I don't show anyone my favorite anything anymore, people just let you down, man =[

>that time someone shows you a movie and they start looking at their phone

8 1/2

>user this is boring, let's make out instead

>showing a date a film about the craziness of women

goodfellas
niggas barely made through the half and changed to some zac efron comedy
how the fuck can you not like goodfellas? how much of a faggot you have to be?

>having friends

When I try to show my friends something on my phone and they go watch a movie the whole time

Frozen (2013)

Also rise and dawn of the planet of the apes

This :^(

Maybe you insulted them a little bit.

>coming up to that one scene I love and wanted people to pay attention to
>EVERY TIME without fail people start talking or getting distracted JUST as it starts

And unbrakable

Breathless and Blair witch project. People: Never again

>Extreme QT moves into the apartment across the hall
>Run into her a few times after I'm coming home drunk with a rando slut
>Stops me in the hall one day when I'm getting back from work and says "Haha no girls with you this time?" and I make some dumb joke like "It's still early haha" faggoty shit and we get to talking
>She says she pretty much sits in her apartment with her dog and doesn't hang out with anyone or go out
>I ask if she wants to come hang out later and watch a movie
>She says yes
>Have a really nice setup and just got the bluray of The Searchers so I figure I'll show her that maybe drink some wine and then fuck the shit out of her
>Knock on the door
>It's her and her shitty dog
>She looks great so I'm like whatever
>Tell her to go have a seat and bring her some wine
>She spends the entire movie tossing a disgusting tennis ball to the dog while it scratches up my hardwoods and telling me her life story
>I kill almost two bottles of wine myself because if I don't I'll kill her and the dog instead
>After the movie she cuddles up next to me and I'm like fuck it might as well give her the dick
>Take her to my bedroom we get naked and she looks fucking great so I throw on a condom
>She just lays flat on the bed and lets me fuck her, like no motion just staring into my eyes and looking like a retard silently with a few short breaths
>The entire time her dog is jumping on the bed and biting me because he thinks I'm hurting her
>Suddenly she makes this tiny but long high pitched screech
>I'm like "Oh fuck did I hurt you?" as her dog is jumping on my back
>She says "No I had an orgasm!"
>Ugh this is like fucking a mop
>Hump her for like another minute then fake an orgasm and tell her it's late and I have to go to work
>She asks when we're going to chill again and I say soon
>Spend the next two weeks hiding from her then see her while I'm bringing another drunk skank home and she looks like I shat in her mouth
>She calls in a bullshit noise complaint on us

Pics

Dodged a bullet. So far at least. Don't be surprised when you wake up with her standing over you with a knife and the dog is boiling on the stove.

you dont shit where you eat faggot

You piece of shit she just wanted to be loved and you ruined her I would have fallen in love with her and we could have been happy but you probably ruined her I wish I could make you taste my steel you dishonorable filth

I don't find watching movies outside of a theater with other people to be enjoyable.

Should have killed the dog dude.

>t. beta

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

Big Trouble in Little China

>while you were having casual sex i studied the blade

Zootopia. They kept murring and petting each other.

Awkward.