How is it that within 2 seasons this show became BETTER THAN EVERY SEASON OF FUTURAMA??

How is it that within 2 seasons this show became BETTER THAN EVERY SEASON OF FUTURAMA??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vv5VwVDYf3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How is it that you post bait?

Competent writting.

Kek

>Competent writting.
youtu.be/Vv5VwVDYf3I
>Jumps to sketch comedy
>Can't do basic VA
>Random slurs lol
>Meme comedy

That's not even "writing'.

That's pure improv.

That's improv. Both the tv channel episodes were improv. They literally laughed in the middle of two brothers.

Shitty improv humor doesn't trump Fururama.

I'm genuinely surprised how much hate this show has garnered. It seemed popular here when it was first airing, then by the time I had finally caught up, any threads made were immediately shunned into pruning.

I don't know why I would be surprised. That seems to be the trend of how Sup Forums reacts to pretty much anything.

Sup Forums started to hate because Reddit started to like it.

Better writing and more interesting visually even if it isn't really well-animated

Yeah pretty much.

R&M is a pretty ok show, but during the first season this show was called the best animated show on earth and was hyped up constantly, to the annoyance of a few. Then, during the second season, when there was a drop in quality people started shitting on it and many were gleefully watching its "fall from grace". During this time R&M started getting attention from Tumblr and Reddit, so in typical Sup Forums fashion, people were unhappy with its popularity in other places besides here and the rest is history.

probably because they haven't done any forced feels episodes like futurama did. so it doesn't have a dark traumatic autistic pony past.
>muh dog waited for me

>No forced feels episodes
So, youve never seen it, then?

Rick has the genius of Farnsworth and the ego of Bender. It's the best aspects of those two characters without their limitations.

Rick and Morty's lows were MUCH worse than the worst of futurama. When Space Simpsons was bad it was just bland schlock, when R&M was bad it was fucking unwatchable.
On the flip side, At it's best R&M was only a little better than good futurama.

Usually if Sup Forums hates something that's a good indication that something is probably worth your time. Sup Forums has shit taste.

To be fair, while Sup Forums absolutely has a tendency of hating whatever is popular I can understand being sick of everyone constantly saying Rick and Morty is the best cartoon ever made. It annoys the shit out of me when some of my friends will constantly gush over Rick and Morty but refuse to even give Venture Bros a chance.

The only reason I would ever consider you might be right is due to the sheer amount of times I've seen Futurama and the fact that the CC seasons might hold it back. And even after seeing it so much, I still find it entertaining to watch and still pick up on jokes I never fully appreciated. If I were to watch Futurama and Rick and Morty for the first time again I can be fairly certain that I'd choose Futrurama.

As far as IMDb is concerned Rick and Morty actually is the best cartoon ever made. In fact, it's one of the best shows ever made, ranking at 11 on the top 100.

R&M is at 8 now. But Band of Brothers is number 1 so they aren't entirely incorrect.

oversaturation + overratedness is the best way to kill a show

OP's post is a pretty good example, good image choice too

Band of brothers a shit, pacific is better

i have grown tried of this show, something killed the fun for me.

I love Rick and Morty but you're speaking insanity.

I just started watching it a few days ago to kill time. I hit the improve episode a few minutes ago, and this shit is painful to sit through.

Both shows are mediocre. I Never liked those two retarded animes.

/Thread

Yea, most idiots dont like improv.

Because they learned from Futurama that people like scifi and good writing, but not subtlety. They learned not to be milquetoast.

Obviously you have never seen it like said.
Rick potion #9 had feels. Interdimenional cable 1 had feels.
Auto erotic assimilation had feels.
The wedding schwanchers had feels.

Seriously, watch the show before you judge.

And for everyone else who calls it a "reddit show" you really need to stop hating something just because other sites like it, it's pathetic, truly pathetic.

Sup Forums isn't gods gift to the world and reddit isn't made by the devil.

More and more I'm considering leaving Sup Forums, despite being here for over a decade because of how whiney and close-minded everyone here is.

I very sure almost half the fuckers who hate reddit have accounts for it, and that's fine because there's more than one website on the Internet.

R&M is one of the best shows on TV currently and if you don't want to watch it because reddit does.. well that's the most retarded reason I've ever heard for not watching a show.

It's like if someone made fun of you for liking "so and so" or "such and such" and you stop liking it because of that.

Why can't you fucks have your own opinions?
Is everyone here that affected by peer pressure?
Are you all just cowards?
Seems like it...

For some reason people take their website wars very seriously, to the point where it even effects the kinds of stuff they'll watch. People do the same thing with shows like Steven Universe. It's just fucking bizarre.

I don't really care if this image is 100% accurate or not, I just wanted an excuse to post it

nice blog post

Go spend more time working on your personal blog.

>Sup Forums suddenly hates ricken morty

what happen?

Holy mother of kek, that's such an accurate image.

>suddenly
reddit loved it so there are tons of people who are contrarian just because of that alone

remember: Sup Forums isn't a hivemind you gigantic faggot

>couple people
>Sup Forums

we are not hivemind. if we ll liked the same shit, every thread would be an obese daiper loli waifu thread

Sup Forums and Sup Forums have poisoned this board. We've reached the same point where people find it cool to not like anything anymore.

Even if you exclusively read obscure franko belgian comics, and taipanese finger puppet theater, you'll be called a hipster.
If you like anything else it's a meme, because it's popular.
And as we all know, Sup Forums fucking hated memes since the dawn of time.

It probably averages out as okay honestly. Some of the most inconsistent quality out there. Some stuff is fucking amazing and clever, other times it's unbelievably lazy and unfunny. Sometimes in the same episode.

I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN WHEN PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE LIKE THE THINGS I LIKE.

but everybody excessively loves memes now as a standard because it was cool to ironically force them for a short period but i'm pretty sure most of it's genuine now

i'm one of the few who legitimately hates them

While both are sci-fi comedies, Rick and Morty focus a lot on alien humor, which is still fertile ground, while Futurama was 90% robot jokes that got stale within two seasons. Futurama kept beating that dead horse though, and then started raping its rotting carcass. It didn't help that the main character/mascot of Futurama was a robot. Imagine how terrible Rick and Morty would be with an obnoxious alien sidekick constantly flinging itself in front of the camera for attention and laughs every other scene and half of every season dedicated to this one character.

Rick and Morty also isn't afraid to make fun of tropes, particularly the shitty, "moral highground" ones that are just there to pat people on the ass and make them feel good. Morty always tries to do the right thing, or at least what would seem right if the writing was shallow as shit. Then Morty fails because it turns out that wasn't the right thing after all, as any more mature person might have seen from the start. etc.

R&M is also much less reliant on referential humor. Half the Futurama's gags are just flat sci-fi references, and the other half are entire plots literally ripped from old satirical sci-fi books Lem's "Ijon Tichy's Star Diaries" in particular. R&M try a bit more to be original for once.

If you like Rick and Morty and don't like any other [as] originals, you are a moron.

The best episodes of Futurama are better than the best episodes of R&M. You can argue overall quality or consistency but it's the high water marks that make a show memorable.

I agree with your opinions about the show, but everything else about your post is shit. I don't even hate reddit, but this is exactly the type of post that screams "upvotes please!" so maybe you would be better suited for that circlejerk.

I think this user summed it up best . Personally, season 2 was a bit of a let down and I wasn't even someone who felt like season 1 was the best show ever.

Season 2 just felt like it fell flat, which is sad because the first two episodes of the season were amazing. I think the Unity episode gets a free pass but I felt like it was the worst episode of the season. All three plots felt terrible, and Rick's attempt at suicide felt like a cheap emotional grab. I think I just really hated how the show shifted from being focused on Rick and Morty to more Rick and Family, I understand wanting to include the family more to play with the dynamic but when your second lead is basically wallpaper it doesn't fair well. Mind you, this is just my opinion.

I'm trying to stay optimistic for season 3, but it'd be a lie if season 2 as well as the comics have killed my buzz a little.

AHAHAHAHHAHA

Not really. The correct image would be:

Sup Forums loves this average show but admits it's not the best.
Reddit comes up and suddenly proclaims it the BEST thing ever.
Sup Forums looks at the new shit and goes 'well it's worse now so Ill move on'
Reddit still sucks it up whether bad or good because Reddit literally has no taste in shit until its excessively toxic
Sup Forums finds something else
Rinse and repeat.

I just wish that Reddit would take the shit like Wander Over Yonder and other limited scope shows and populise them so we'd get at least another season before the plug was pulled but unless it's excessively meme-y, they aren't interested.

The best Futurama are better than the best R&M.
The worst Futurama are still WAY better than R&M.
The average Futurama episodes are worse than the average R&M episodes but generally speaking, there are less of the R&M episodes that are average than just shit or good.

I'd argue that Futurama was better when good and bad and arguably more consistent. R&M rebounds between fucking terrible to pretty good but Futurama also had a better scope of audience. It was trying to attract the mid-life Simpsons crowd and did so. R&M tried to attract the Adult Swim crowd and split it.

Futurama is just generally superior overall. Especially since it took a couple of meh episodes to get the ball rolling and then Futurama started to get REALLY good and consistently maintained it's high until the latest seasons, regardless of you enjoying/hating the feels episodes since they were still done well.

>The worst Futurama are still WAY better than R&M.

Meant the worst R&M episodes.

Calm Down jimmy...

>not giving venture bros a chance
Have you considered getting new friends

>leaving Sup Forums

Dontforgetyourehereforever.jpg

I don't have a blog though.. I'm confused

Imagine how terrible Rick and Morty would be with an obnoxious alien sidekick constantly flinging itself in front of the camera for attention and laughs every other scene
>Mr poppy butthole