Explain Trump's "Pay for the wall" position

I was actually surprised to see this on his website.
I'm a European, and certainly not an expert on law and politics, but could someone please explain how viable, if even possible this is?

>donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

To me it reads as: "We'll threaten to cut off some of their income (which we BELIEVE is gained illegally) with this proposal
Then they panic and we say, don't worry, pay us and it won't happen"

Now, I understand it's more complicated than that, but, sorry, it just sounds like an extortion plan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk
www6.zippyshare.com/v/j2ZYnxil/file.html
heritage.org/research/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal-cost-of-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-to-the-us-taxpayer
cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Illegal-Immigrant-Households
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's nothing wrong about it. Illegal Mexicans are breaking the law en-masse, and the US govt pretends that they don't know it. Illegal Mexicans working in the US = black economy that according to Trump's site costs 24 bill $ to the USA. Clamping down on black economy isn't extortion.

We'll extort anyone in our way.

Get used to it

>We'll threaten to cut off some of their income which we BELIEVE is gained illegally

Funds wired to Mexico through Western Union are majority from illegal immigrants being paid under the table by businesses. This is income that never had income taxes collected from it.

We also supply Mexico with international aid, which we could easily cut back completely.

The article is pretty straight-forward. What is so fucking difficult to understand within it?

>it just sounds like an extortion plan.

And? They're been extorting us long enough. Why is it fair for them to do it to us and not vice-versa for once?

Extortion? We should literally declare war on Mexico for flooding us with their unwanted population for more than 30 years.

It's not extortion it's payback. Mexico must be held accountable for what they've done.

Also we have ALL the leverage and the moral high ground. THEY WILL PAY

>And? They're been extorting us long enough. Why is it fair for them to do it to us and not vice-versa for once?

That logic is not sound. Instead of reacting rashly and making a scene, why not propose a mutually beneficial solution that would eliminate the roots of the problem.

Revenge is also not a viable option. If something like this happens, then it will be an indicator of Trump's attitude to foreign affairs and that kind of thinking is scary. The USA should be about setting the best example for the world, but all this will do is make foreigners resent and fear it. I don't want to be afraid of such a powerful country.

The USA is made up of almost entirely foreign immigrants and people who left the Old World to seek a better life, and now that you've settled in nice and cozy, you want to completely reverse that attitude?

They earn more money from illegals sending money back to Mexico than they earn from selling oil

cutting foreign aid ain't extortion

and from Wikipedia
>oil revenues still generate over 10% of Mexico's export earnings.

they can't sell brick weed anymore and they'll lose that money.

>why not propose a mutually beneficial solution that would eliminate the roots of the problem.
The "root of the problem" is that Mexico has a bunch of poor people who get completely neglected by their Federal government and they dump them on us to deal with.

We can't fix their government without doing so by force. So the best solution is to just wall them off from us so that they cannot so easily be a parasitic entity that is draining us of resources.

>Th-th-that's extortion though!!!

What the fuck do you think government is?

>pay us or go to jail for tax evasion

Is that extortion? Government is legitimized extortion. The only reason you want a government is to get your government to extort other nations and prevent other nations governments from extorting you.

Plan A: Ask for 10 bil to not ban remittances.

Get 10 bil to build wall.

Plan B: No 10 bil, Remittances get banned.

People Humanly self deport

The root of the problem is that Mexican peasants lost their livelihoods when NAFTA opened them up to compete with heavily subsidized American Corn growers.

Eh...interesting story. Back during the Mexican-American War, the USA had the option of annexing all of Mexico, but we refused to. This was for two major reasons, 1) abolitionists not wanting to expand slavery, and 2) because Mexico was such a shit hole. So shitty, in fact, that after taking a small portion of land from them, we also promised to kill Indians for them, as their government has no ability to protect citizens outside of the few major towns they had.

all trump has to do is take away like 10% from the money we're already giving to mexico

Any wall would need to manned 24/7 like Chinas an Hadrians ok lads
who would man it ?

If you have a property without a fence, and your dogs constantly escape and cause trouble outside said property, it's on you to built a fence

I like it but are you going to get out in the sunshine an cut lawns for 12 hrs a day Lad ?

Alright, I just want to understand why erecting another barrier for illegals to figure a way around (or over with a rope ffs) and making the process more difficult for legal immigrants also, yeah, the 10bil would only last so long.

like them rabbit proof ones you lads put up eh ?

It's never the governments job to coddle the people with wealth.

>it just sounds like an extortion plan.
I wouldn't even have a problem with this
We should get together with Russia and China then divide the world up and just sit back and collect tribute from all of our vassal states

Do you think we're fucking Canada?

>Pay for wall pls
>No
>Oh ok

No, this is how real governments work.

>Pay for wall
>No
>Okay no more deals for you
>Fugggg

>being this but rustled about taxes
I am almost 80% sure you are under 125k a year income.

>paying taxes on poverty income is "le extortion" meme

Fucking poorfags.

The wild dog ones work, so you know

Border patrol and the national guard. We should have put troops on the border with shoot to kill orders 20 years ago

It would only take like 3 beaners getting BTFO for the other beaners to get the message.

>Mexico must be held accountable for what they've done.
what have they done
i don't see pedro committing any terror attacks
>taking muh jobs
yeah if you want to be a wageslave cuck working in mcdonalds

Also, I just want an answer why cultivating negative relations and setting such an aggressive and isolationist example is a good thing?

I saved some explanations of this a while back and compiled them in a single image for exactly this purpose.

Enjoy.

Leave your neighbors dogs alone you fucking crybaby.

He's half serious, half posturing. If Mexico doesn't pay for it then we can just do it ourselves by diverting some military spending or something. It's a rhetorical trick that helps to reinforce the idea there absolutely will be a wall and that something will be done about immigration.

>d people who left the Old World to seek a better life,

Canyou stop with the 300 year old bullshit please?
Anyway, those people still immigrated LEGALLY.

>what have they done

Invaded us with 30+ million of their undesirable population and not once have they tried to stop it

>if you want to be a wageslave cuck

My job is Mexicanproof you self absorbed prick. This has nothing to do with me.Those jobs are for teenagers, college students and the borderline mentally retarded, not for foreign criminals.

It's simple, take money from taxpayers and give it to the Jewish contractors.

What happens if you decide not to pay taxes?

Does the government send over diplomats to try and persuade you to pay tax for the benefit of the common wealth?

Or do they send men with guns to your house to throw you in jail until you pay up?

Do you even understand the concept of extortion?

There's a huge trade deficit between America and Mexico. Where and how Trump is going to get the money is not an issue.

Trump is simply being smart about this.
He took two of his most popular positions - border wall and better deals, and all he did was simply merge them both together.
Him saying that Mexico is going to pay for the wall is redundant, he is going to get the money from Mexico regardless of whether or not he's going to build the wall.

It's like saying ''I am going to buy a car, and my employer is going to pay for it'' when you were going to negotiate better pay anyway. You don't start asking how I am going to get my employer to buy me a car.

It's a PR stunt. Free publicity and a display of strength. Any reasonably smart person is going to realize what Trump is doing and just acknowledge that he's a smart businessman.
The idiots just go ''WOOOW YOU CAN'T MAKE MEXICO PAY!!!'' while other idiots go ''FUCK YEAH! MURICA! WE WILL MAKE MEXICO PAY CUZ DEI SCARED!''

3 chess and all.

Nods lad
wow that would of worked in the 70s but now too many libbed cucked feminazis run burger land ..sadly :>(

>>Mexico must be held accountable for what >they've done.
>>what have they done
>>i don't see pedro committing any terror attacks
Drug trade, violence, cartels. A lot of it happens in our country. Mexico is responsible for policing its own citizens.

In fact, if you pay attention to the news, you would know that there have been several cases of mooslim terrorists being arrested for plotting a terror attack after coming into the country illegally over the Mexican border.

>>taking muh jobs
>yeah if you want to be a wageslave cuck working in mcdonalds

They are taking jobs from young people and the poors in our country. They also have children who may eventually go to college and compete for more desirable jobs.

>Invaded us with 30+ million of their undesirable population and not once have they tried to stop it
i have yet to feel the effects when they're all basically (and thankfully) enslaved out west in farms. drive through rural cali or plains colorado, you'll see what i'm talking about

>Alright, I just want to understand why erecting another barrier for illegals to figure a way around (or over with a rope ffs)

Try to "just use a rope" to sneak over the border into Saudi Arabia. This isn't going to be an unguarded monument. It's a patrolled obstacle with razor wire at the top. It's also in the middle of the Sonoran and Chihuahua Deserts where you have to carry at minimum 2 gallons of water with you to avoid dying.

>and making the process more difficult for legal immigrants

Said nobody.

>this poor a reply weew

>what have they done
Nothing, and thats the fucking problem.
They see people coming here illegally and they just fucking laugh about it.
The Dems don't have the balls to threaten them, though, and they just think if we are super nice to them and give them citizenship that our problem will be fixed.

>compromise
>mutually beneficial

Regardless of what America does the world will find reason to criticize it. Trump represents an America that is not shamed by the global community's scrutiny into acting a certain way. Trump will lean hard on Mexican millionaires working and living in the US without citizenship and they will lean hard on the Mexican government to pay for Trump's plan. When it's the state's money vs the presidents personal money and relationships, the president won't have a problem agreeing to the terms.

>Latvia
>European
You are basically a non-country lad.

We already have a wall, illegal immigration is down by a large margin since the Bush administration.

I like Trump, but I hate how hard he panders to the lowest common denominator.

Because you live in a bubble

I live right outside of DC And Mexicans have literally taken over whole towns and little cities that we're completely white just 10-15 years ago. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT OUTSIDE OF OUR NATIONS CAPITOL. EVERY CONSTRUCTION WORKER HERE IS AN ILLEGAL WHO CAN BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH

ILLEGALS ARE ALL THE WAY UP IN NEW ENGLAND NOW. IF YOU CANT SEE A PROBLEM YOU ARENT LOOKING

30 million is a bigger population than a lot of countries. Just stop and think about that. We have a countries worth of illegal invaders operating within our borders

I know that, and if Trump becomes pres, and his attitude to NATO remains the same, I may be under Russian rule again, and that idea is inherently fucking scary

In 1972 a crack US drugges Buying CIA /Cartel unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security Prison By the pentagon to the Mexican underground. Today, still wanted by the governments in the USA to supply the ghetto nigger =Brown , they survive as soldiers of lying an deceitfulness . If you have a problem, if no one else can help to lie so well , and if you can find them at DNC, maybe you can hire them hey Shils A-Team.

>set up guards at border
>shoot stupid innocent beavers
>the backlash would be intense
>troops are suddenly being sniped for revenge
>war breaks out
>now we look like pieces of shit to EVERYONE
>economic destruction due to merging of countries

Think before you open your shit and trump cum filled mouth, you fag

>why not propose a mutually beneficial solution that would eliminate the roots of the problem.

because those are always on hand
please explain

If I could, I wouldn't be here, I just hope people in power are much smarter than me and think about all that they can do.

Welp, this has been a learning experience as my first, and last forray into Sup Forums and I don't want to lose more of my sanity, so my stupid little, uneducated mouth will never bother you again.

Stop watching German TV then

durr hurr It isn't going to catch 100% so why bother. Lets just lay down and let them fuck our wives while we're at it.

then why not just give them work visas and make them pay taxes? Not like they are taking jobs any American wants to do

These fags file false tax returns every year. They cost us BILLIONS every year. Not to mention them sucking up government assistance. Fuck these pukes, they need us. We don't need them. Visas? Really? Because they've worked so well so far right? They just get paid under the table. Start actually enforcing laws and fine the shit out of any company or person that employs them. That or put bounties on them. This mess would clean itself up real quick.

pls no bully

These fags are just looking for any excuse to hate Trump because they think Trump will destroy NATO and Putin is going to start WW3.

Loads of people get their political opinions from Call of Duty.

What about the trillions that corporations stash in outside banks to avoid US taxes? Jesus christ you're fucking stupid

>That or put bounties on them.
I would legitimately pay money for a summer vacation as a US border guard in a particularly busy section, provided the RoE were nice and relaxed.

>lol turkey shoot!
Bet you would cower and shit yourself when beaners start shooting back

That's legal, dummy.

It's already in process. Oklahoma has been doing it for years and has raised billions doing it.

>because one crook steals from you means it's okay to let other crooks steal from you

Merry Christmas you retarded faggot.

We can worry about big business after we clean up the border.
You don't climb a mountain till you've mastered a few hills.
You don't empty the trash can till you've sweepers the floor.

Don't misunderstand me, I wouldn't pay to engage them one on one with a PDW but a HMG from a distance would be entertaining.

If rounds actually start reaching near me, you're damn right I'd duck. The kind of person who judges others ducking when rounds are flying isn't the sort of person who is able to judge others for very long.

America has massive aid programs to mexico to help them prop up their economy and fight cartels. If mexico wont play ball, the money that would be used for improving mexico would instead be funneled to stopping mexican and latin american illegals.

México sends over citizens illegally, so they can fucking pay

Look at it this way.
Someone tries to mug you. You pull out your gun and say "No, you give me your wallet."
Have you done anything wrong?

Let me tell you something about americans Latviabro.

They're just like that!. There is not logical thinking, just a mass circle jerk.

Everyone agreeing with each other's viewpoints to the point of redundancy.

>mexicans will build a wall because we say it

youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk

related video will show you my point

Tbh my american amigos, you should just probably kill all of our goverment and take over.

You should do that. Mexico would be good under America, but it wouldn't be Mexico.
It's every nations duty to remain a nation, and like farmers it is the duty of the people to tend to their nation and keep it fertile and growing.

>those evil border patrols are keeping brave undocumented workers out of the US right now
>ICE is deporting illegals right now

Where are the snipers shooting border patrols? Where's the backlash?

we give Mexico hundreds of millions of dollars every year to "fight the cartels"(lot of fucking good that's doing)
anyway it is extortion and guess what? those subhumans deserve it and nobody can do shit about it

Little bites Barron, little bites.

It's not easy when many politicians are backed by american/other foreign corporations or governments.

And no, not everything is because of our corrupt goverment but we really need to reboot our country.

That's somethign the US should stop doing. Most of it ends up being paid to cartels anyway.

>if you enforce your laws the Mexicans might shoot you!

Are you literally retarded?

It's just empty rhetoric from Trump. If you build a wall to keep out certain people then how can you make them pay for it? Maybe Trump is planning to invade and conquer Mexico. Then he can force them to pay for the wall.

>Are you literally retarded?
He's liberally retarded.

Trump isn't saying he's going to demand a lump sum from Mexico to pay for the wall. He's going to squeeze them dry indirectly by fucking with their trade and taxing money transfers to there.

AKTIONSGRUPPE IN DER ZEITGEIST!

*flails arms like Donald Duck in the Nazi Factory*

Beaners are breaking boarder laws. As far as I am concerned they can all go back.

It's honestly proof that he's a democratic plant

America sends millions to Mexico every year in foreign aid.
The idea is that we will repurpose that money to build the wall instead.

recommended reading

www6.zippyshare.com/v/j2ZYnxil/file.html

why are so many retards here ,its been already said beaners will pay ! an accept paying mongos ..

>I like it but are you going to get out in the sunshine an cut lawns for 12 hrs a day Lad ?
Not having a robot lawn mower do it without the labor cost.

This. Literally one-third of Mexico is now living in the United States. Cut off the flow of people and cut off the goodies and Spic will go back home.

You illegal brethren send well over $15 billion in illegally gotten gains to Mexico every year. That stops and we'll stop giving aide and you will help build the wall yourself.

Mexico already works for us. We'll cripple their economy if they dont play ball with whatever we want. We'll take manufacturing contracts away and turn them into construction contracts and make them work first on the wall then if they wanna stay employed then maybe we'll give them grants to construct on their own land and stabilize their infrustructure

but thats a long term plan and their government will be openly criminal by then with no hope of fixing itself and we'll get blamed for not saving them first hand from their own fate and they'll be forced to taking from lands south of them

>Why not just reward criminal behavior, that will surely fix everything and cause everyone to respect the laws of the land!

we have this thing called "civil forfeitures". if the government can prove you are involved in making money illegally all your shit is being seized this includes money

this can also happen in instances in which they might not be able to prove you committed a crime but nobody has 3k in 20s on them that wasnt a pimp or selling drugs . they can take your money under abnormal situations

illegals send billions to mexico every year. 100% of that can be seized because under the law any money made through illegal means can be taken by the government. it doesnt matter if its nonviolent there are nonviolent drug dealers and the government took their fucking houses and drained their bank accounts

The US is allowed to control the flow of money across its borders and what Trump describes is legal.
>On day 1 promulgate a "proposed rule" (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.
You can pass laws requiring that people show documentation that they're in the country legally before remitting country outside of it.

They're basically saying: If you pay for the border to deter illegal immigration then we won't put up restrictions that prevent people that immigrated illegally from your county to ours to send you money back.

Fuck you. You don't know what it's like living in rural areas. They literally bussed in Mexicans to fill a meat processing plant when I know around 30 people in the little town it was built in applied for it.

Is it possible that cheap Mexican labor is bringing far more money than tax evasion?
I mean they are basically working for food. Why would you wall that?

that nigga that wanted to invade the whole world knows whats up

heritage.org/research/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal-cost-of-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-to-the-us-taxpayer
>For example, in 2010, in the U.S. population as a whole, households headed by persons without a high school degree, on average, received $46,582 in government benefits while paying only $11,469 in taxes. This generated an average fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of $35,113.
>The high deficits of poorly educated households are important in the amnesty debate because the typical unlawful immigrant has only a 10th-grade education. Half of unlawful immigrant households are headed by an individual with less than a high school degree, and another 25 percent of household heads have only a high school degree.
>Some argue that the deficit figures for poorly educated households in the general population are not relevant for immigrants. Many believe, for example, that lawful immigrants use little welfare. In reality, lawful immigrant households receive significantly more welfare, on average, than U.S.-born households. Overall, the fiscal deficits or surpluses for lawful immigrant households are the same as or higher than those for U.S.-born households with the same education level. Poorly educated households, whether immigrant or U.S.-born, receive far more in government benefits than they pay in taxes.

>In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers. Amnesty would provide unlawful households with access to over 80 means-tested welfare programs, Obamacare, Social Security, and Medicare.

>received $46,582 in government benefits
Can illegal Mexican immigrant receive government benefits?

cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Illegal-Immigrant-Households
see pic

I mean wall can prevent suicide bombings and terrorist attacks(Israel), but I doubt it will prevent financial crimes.