Have you committed the unforgivable sin?

Have you committed the unforgivable sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaychristian101.com/Sin-of-Sodom.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck the holy spirit

oh shit nigga

>any sin
>unforgivable
>pr*testsnts
>not heretics

>What is the context?
In 12:22, Jesus heals a deaf and blind man "possessed with a devil," and the Pharisees pop in to accuse Him of witchcraft. Jesus responds (26), "And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself," in other words, why would Satan use Satan to cast out Satan? It's illogical. In the same way, he who is with God cannot fight against God. If you believe in God, you don't deny the Holy Spirit.

>What does it mean?
This is less about sin and blasphemy than stubbornness and simple logic. If you believe in God in the manner the Church teaches, then you also believe in the Trinity. To then deny the existence of the Trinity is to blaspheme against it because you are refusing what you know to be true and forgiveness. As St Thomas Aquinas said, this blasphemy is "unforgivable by its very nature, insofar as it excludes the elements through which the forgiveness of sin takes place."

The blasphemy isn't in the words/act itself, it's in being like the Pharisees who, having seen and believed the works of Jesus, continued to stubbornly refuse Him and the Spirit. The sin is refusal despite knowledge. If you know and refuse 1. you're a retard 2. that is unforgivable because you refuse Him and forgiveness as a conscious act. If you don't want to be forgiven and go out of your way to be unforgiven, you're gonna be unforgiven. Probably.

So, if you've blasphemed against God as an edgelord because of some YT clip and now admit Him, it's not unforgivable.

Kek sent a clear message here.

The Holy Spirit ain't got shit on Kek. Praise Kek.

See, that`s why I don`t even bother.

If the omnipotent entity is going to punish me for real life shitposting against him, then I am a lost soul already.

As your poets have said - I am doomed and cannot redeem myself. Since hell is as deep as it is, I have no farther to go and no more to lose.

So I will just keep on shitposting how your christcucks are willing to bet your entire lives on a 2000 year old meme.

t. Fedora.

>If the omnipotent entity is going to punish me for real life shitposting against him

You missed the point. You're not unforgiven for anything except *refusing to be forgiven* by a God you understand is real.

But don't let that get in the way of the fatalist badass image you appear to be creating for yourself.

Sodomy?

No, not badass, certainly not that. Or a rebel.
Geez, that would be comedy gold if I did.

I certainly don`t try to convince anyone that they shouldn`t devote themselves to God.

I just can`t wrap my mind around it. I simply can`t understand how something as controversial can be an omnipotent being.
I am confused how an all knowing being could be with such a temper for something as trivial as belief.
And if something with such a childish temper has omnipotent power then the universe is simply unfair and may that being strike me down for not being able to believe in it.

So yeah, I can`t understand and don`t understand how that which you believe in is real.
So pretty much - the same consequences.

DELETE THIS!!!

Am I going to hell because I read this? Fuck!

That's fair.

There's an understandable amount of humility that has to come into approaching Christian theology. It is 2,000 years of the brightest minds in European history working together to refine their understanding of a text. So, in that, I do have faith that if I can come up with a question or criticism of Christianity, then certainly some other theologian has taken it up and answered it far better than I can -- usually Aquinas or Augustine.

God isn't being jealous or angry here, it's just t emphasize that actions have consequences. If you deny the love of a parent, you'll be hurting your relationship with that parent. if you deny them until one of you dies, then there's no longer any way to repair that relationship. You've devoted a large part of your life to keeping them away. Actions/consequences. It isn't about Him being hurt or angry, it's about *you* refusing to be forgiven despite His love for you.

I know it sounds weird, but the theory is sound and easy to see in our relationships with friends and family.

I can believe it's real, because I see the rules play out in our daily lives. Even viewed from a strictly materialist perspective, religion is the refined philosophy/sociology/psychology of humanity as it tried to understand social patterns and the things that either produced either healthy or diseased people and societies.

You mean being a pagan rapist asshole of angels almost like men do in prisons now? Has nothing to do with bumsex. Go morph into a woman again, Plato

It is. The theory does seem sound and easy to understand. Every day I learn more from non-meme threads.

But despite spending a lot of time trying to add a God to reality, to truly understand what everyone has faith in I still couldn`t.

And while I could just accept it`s existence as something of a triviality to just be like everyone else, I`d just be lying to myself and God.

And that would not in any way grant anything more in the afterlife that the other non-believers.

Are you saying bumsex is not sodomy?

I saod god was literally like hitler

So what say you?

That's exactly what im saying. "11 "Now, into whichever city or village you may be entering, inquire who in it is worthy, and there remain till you should be coming out.
12 Now, on entering into a house, salute it,
13 and if, indeed, the house should be worthy, let your peace come on it. Yet if it should not be worthy, let your peace be turned back on you.
14 And whosoever should not be receiving you, nor yet be hearing your words, coming outside of that house or city or village, shake off the dust from your feet.
15 Verily, I am saying to you, More tolerable will it be for the land of Sodom and the land of Gomorrah in the day of judging than for that city."
>gaychristian101.com/Sin-of-Sodom.html

Nope, I never committed blasphemy.

And also a question: does this mean that ex atheists can never go to heaven?

So basically god is a paradox. He could exist or not exist equally. If you choose to believe he exists, then he exists along with all that accompanies his existence. If you choose that he does not exist, then nothing about him could exist for you to be saved .. from what then?

satan's gonna keep that pic right in your face as demons rape your ass

It means dying in your sin by refusing to accept Jesus Christ, which isn't news, but glad you're reading your Bible user. Keep reading.