What you do think of Clarence?

The fanbase for the show is like 5 people, all of whom just post captioned screencaps of the thing. Anyone outside the fanbase, what's your opinion of this show?

Shit, just like my spastic colon

It's just a return to the gross out comedy that Nick spouted not too long ago. Pretty boring and honestly it shouldn't still be going OP.

Well this thread went nowhere :P . Thanks anyway.

Completely awful.

It's a hilarious and cute show but its kind of hit or miss, like Uncle Grandpa. Some episodes are the best, some are just awful.

Wow so much shit taste in this thread.
Best cartoon airing OP. Lacks consistency in tone but overflows with creativity, great characters, smart/subversive/funny writing, and nostalgic reminders of childhood.
The only reason it's not more popular is it doesn't appeal to waifu and lorefags.

>Best cartoon airing
Aside from everything else besides Nickelodeon's shit and Uncle Grandpa.

Why would you ask for opinions from outside its fanbase, from people who don't watch it?

Looks retared, judging by the screenshots.

Because asking the fandom of a thing what they think of the thing gives you positively biased results. And because the fandom is five people.

Not really my cup of tea. But whether or not other people like it is their business.

Clarence has, hands down, some of the most realisticly written kids I've seen in a cartoon for kids. From the way they talk, to how they act, it's all really well done. A good half of the episodes nail me in the heart with nostalgia while the others pull me in with their surrealism. It's a good show.

Art style could be better though so everyone didn't look like hams

oops. I forgot to go user.

The character designs could certainly be a turn-off for some people but I got used to it pretty quickly after watching the show, the animation is actually good and the designs are all utilized really well.
And you'd think people would like that all the characters are unique and sort of ugly (like a 90s show) considering all of the CALARTS STYLE bitching that goes on here but none of those people have actually watched it and realized that the aesthetic works pretty dang well in motion

It's an excellent show, OP, but this thread is both misrepresentative and awful.

Where Clarence really excells is that the writing all seems to come from the writers' experiences or imaginations rather than from other TV shows. They've had a number of plots I've never really seen before and in general they don't fall back on cliches. The entire show feels like its own, unique thing.

>overflows with creativity, great characters

A fat retarded stupid autistic pig like Clarence isn't a "great character." I already have to tolerate looking at an eyesore like that in Stephen Universe.

>Doesn't appeal to waifufags
What about the loli in the OP and the brown girl and the teacher?

Waifus can't carry a shit show by themselves.

>tripfag doesn't like something
>Mishalover specifically doesn't like something
That's how you know it's good.

>Waifus can't carry a shit show by themselves.
The Loud House.

Also I love Clarence, stupid sure but cute and generally well meaning. He doesn't act autistic, he acts like a child. And I feel literally every character on this show is endearing and funny in their own way.

It's cute and comfy. The characters are very enjoyable and well written.

While I stopped watching the show early on it's mostly because I don't have a TV and I'm too lazy to look up episodes online.

great episodes, can be a good show but has really low points

This show has no bad episodes. Its miracle.

I have watched one single episode of the show and I liked that episode.

I like it. It's fun and well-crafted. What do you think OP?

It's okay. But there's a lot of stuff that's a lot better.

I've never been a fan of "kids in the neighborhood" type of shows so I don't like it, it may be good for people who enjoy that sort of thing.

Go back to jacking off to star, misha.

bump

It's nice. One of the better children's cartoons airing right now.

Your shit taste is notorious.

Cute show. Just wish the art direction was a little bit better.

>Gross Out
outside of two specific episodes, what

Fun Fact: Clarence started out as a Script Driven show for the first 10 or so episodes (including all of Patrick Harpin's): even when it became board driven the outlines are denser and packed with dialouge when compared to most board driven shows

>Clarence has, hands down, some of the most realisticly written kids I've seen in a cartoon
Agreed. If I didn't hate kids in real life, I might like this show.

It's the best shit ever. People who think it's bad haven't seen it.

>Clarence episodes by outline writer and board team

>Season 1A

>Skyler Page
Pilot
co-credited on most of Patrick Harpin's episodes

>Patrick Harpin (all of his episodes were scripted)
>Boarded by Nelson Boles and Skyler Page
Fun Dungeon Face Off
A Pretty Great Day with a Girl
>Boarded by Skyler Page
Money Broom Wizard
>Boarded by Derek Evanick and Diana Lafyatis
Lost in the Supermarket
Clarence's Millions
Dinner Party
Belson's Sleepover (with Charlie Gavin and Ian Wasseluk)
>Erica Jones and Katie Mitroff
Clarence Gets a Girlfriend

>Spencer Rothbell
>Derek Evanick and Diana Lafyatis
Jeff's New Toy
Zoo
Puddle Eyes
Average Jeff
Neighborhood Grill
>Niki Yang and Stephen P. Neary
Slumber Party
>Brett Varon and Charlie Gavin
Nature Clarence
>Brett Varon and Zeus Cervas
Rough Riders Elementary

>Mark Banker
Honk
Rise 'n' Shine
The Forgotten
Pilot Expansion (Page co-credited as writer and boarder, co-boarded with Raymie Muzquiz)
Patients
>Stephen P. Neary and Tyler Chen
Dream Boat
Too Gross for Comfort
>Brett Varon and Charlie Gavin
Dollar Hunt
Man of the House
>Brett Varon and Kyler Spears
Lizard Day Afternoon

legitimately one of the most creative cartoon series on TV. At the same time, I guess it can really be all over the place.

Season 2 has really been goat 10/10

This is ironic coming from you.

>Season 1B

>Spencer Rothbell
>Stephen P. Neary and Niki Yang
Goldfish Follies
Suspended
Straight Illin
Li'l Buddy
Where the Wild Chads Are
Jeff Wins
Hairlence
Chalmers Santiago
>Kurt Dumas and Antony Mazzotta
Hurricane Dilliss
>Tiffany Ford and Michelle Xin
Balance

>Mark Banker
Bedside Manners
Nothing Ventured

>Katie Crown
Dust Buddies
Goose Chase
Hoofin' It
Turtle Hats
Chimney

>Tony Infante
Detention
Breen Ho!
Water Park
>Melissa Juarez and Matthew Yang
Spooky Boo
>Vitaliy Strokous and Kyler Spears
The Break Up

>John Bailey Owen
>David Ochs and Henry Yu
Tuckered Boys
>Tiffany Ford and Michelle Xin
The Big Petey Pizza Problem

>Nelson Boles
>Vitaliy Strokous and Sam King
In Dreams

>The Shorts
Beauford T. Pusser (Niki Yang)
Have a Ball (Stephen P. Neary)
Big Boy (Tiffany Ford)
Beach Blast (Michelle Xin)

The show was made by an autistic pedophile.
Anyways the characters are not likeable at all. The artstyle is ugly, almost a pesudo Problem Solverz lite for character designs.
Really bland, nothing happens.
Clarence is a giant pink obese thumb asshole retard.

>pedophile

i really like it. makes me feel like a kid again. i think its the best thing on cartoon network right now.

also, i miss Amy.

I hated it at first. Thought it was disgusting. But after watching a dozen episodes or so, I have to admit that it is probably the most well written show on CN right now. Clarence pisses me off alright, but the other characters have some truly profound and heartwarming moments.

Ryan Sumowski is just the best. He and Jeff create an excellent cast dynamic with Clarence. And the extra characters are great. My favorites are Gilben and the black girl with braces.

Guys, give the show another chance. I think your reasons for hating it are shallow and knee-jerk.

>autistic pedophile
Sup Forums always comes up with the most Hilarious And Original® insults.

>The show was made by an autistic pedophile.
So it's perfect for Sup Forums

>y-y-y-y-y-you're opinion is wrong! just keep wasting more hours of your life watching a show you know you dont like, you'll see
That's the exact same arguement bronies used for MLP. I've already watched enough episodes to know I do not like it.
Clarence is shit, hate to break it to you.

Pretending I'm stuttering doesn't validate your point. I said your reasons are likely shallow because my reasons for disliking it were originally shallow. It happens. Perspective isn't always perfect the first time around.

And you don't "know" you won't like it. You just think that. I don't think I'll like MLP, but I don't know that for sure.

But still, I'm not going to give MLP a chance, because I don't want to. If you don't want to give Clarence a chance, that's perfectly fine. But you're acting like a tremendous faggot and your reasoning is all retarded.

Also
>Clarence is shit, hate to break it to you.

It just baffles me as to why you think your opinion should matter to me, when you don't act like someone I would respect to begin with.

>I already have to tolerate looking at an eyesore like that in Stephen Universe.

They can for you apparently.

Ma+e. I+'s jus+ an opinion. Don'+ ge+ your +i+s in a +wis+.

Are you seriously saying you know what I like and don't like? I have a functioning brain, if I don't like something with a large degree of assurance, I'm pretty sure I don't like it.
You're basically saying that my mind and personal opinion is wrong to me, what?
Also do you not read my posts? I said I already watched several episodes. I think that qualifies as "giving it a chance".

I like you.

The Loud House is a good cartoon. At least the character designs don't make me want to pour bleach in my eyes like Clarence.

>He doesn't act autistic, he acts like a child.

An autistic child. I don't know any kids who act like that little retard. I'm pretty sure the only people who relate to him were the ones who spent their childhood as "that kid" or the kid who licked the windows on the short bus.

>like a show
>out a cast of at least a dozen, one of them is female
>"only like this show for the waifu"

So am I only allowed to like shows that have no female characters in them whatsoever?

*One of the worst children's cartoons airing right now

>The artstyle is ugly, almost a pesudo Problem Solverz lite for character designs.

More like a middle school student was lobotomized and tried to draw Steven Universe fanart. Clarence is just an even uglier version of Stephen Universe.

>Guys, give the show another chance. I think your reasons for hating it are shallow and knee-jerk.

Got any recommended episodes? I saw the first few and thought they were total trash. Maybe this show is actually awesome and I'll wind up eating my words. I thought The Loud House was total crap too until I gave it a chance.

>most realisticly written kids I've seen in a cartoon for kids
Meh, Steven Universe does this MUCH better.

it's okay misha, clarence just doesn't have a brown waifu for you. you don't have to argue with everyone else because of it.

Where the hell do you think you are?

I like it but I haven't got around to watching it all

Everything in SU is a quirky abomination.

Nothing in that show is realistic or in communion with anything a human has ever been.

That's 'cus it literally takes place in an alternate reality.

Well then don't say it has more realistic characters than Clarence, you idiot.

You're fundamentally missing the point of my comment

I like it. It kinda reminds me of Ed, Edd and Eddy. It's just kids having kid adventures with cartoonish exaggerations.

I'm not that same user

You apparently still did, because your comment is pointless.

Well fuck you then

ur not smart

holy shit i've just been rekt

Fucking this, minus the "best ever" hyperbole.
Clarence is just really good.

>fanbase
Dedicated fandoms and fanbases are inherently cancer. Their inevitable conclusion is Brony-tier autism.

I'm saying that you don't have enough information to form a valuable opinion. Also, to say your brain is functional is a generous stretch on your part. I'd say you're driven to rage-fueled stupidity quite easily, and that is not what I consider functional intellect.

But hey, it's just my opinion that you're immature and unintelligent. I'm sure your opinion is quite different; even if I don't value your opinion in the slightest.

Recommendations? Tough call, I don't know episode titles. I'd recommend
>Jeff & Gilben's double birthday
>Jeff is put in crayon (retard) class and desperately tries to get into quill (advanced) class
>Sumo tries to raise a crippled baby bird
>Sumo tries to build a boat
>Sumo and his brother compete by stumping; it's hot as hell outside
>Rough Riders chicken buys out the school

Off the top of my head, those are all either heart-warming or trippy. I only gave vagur descriptions as to not spoil their depth.

Dude. +he nigga saw +he shi+ show. He/She didn'+ like i+.

Deal wi+h i+.

It would help to name the episodes.

This.
Also, for people disliking Clarence, some kids are like that and its much more excusable at that age. It's after Puberty they become real autists.
Plus, the grown men who watch cartoons who's demographics are geared towards children criticize and argue over said-cartoons call kids with imagination fat autists.

Also, dem nostalgias for any age group.
Also Also, best daughterfu

Mystery Girl. user's pic here is related.

Same guy here as Totally forgot but the newest one, Space Race, is just amazing. Gives the feel of a kid starting to have a dream about being an astronaut or rocket scientist.

>i miss Amy.
She's never coming back, user. It's time to move on.

Rule 1 of Clarence.

NEVER MOVE ON FROM AMY

>ITT people who have never watched the show.

and you know +his how you psychic?

well one guy actually SAID it.

Seems like an okay show if you're a kid. One you'd watch to waste thirty minutes. It's pretty boring as an adult, though. Definitely not one I'd ever watch in my free time of my own volition.

It's fine. It's middle tier as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network shows go.

>That episode where Clarence crashes a plane

episode titles
>The Big Petey Pizza Problem
>Average Jeff
>idk
>Dream Boat
>forgot
>Rough Rider Elementary

>Sumo tries to raise a crippled baby bird
Bird Boy Man
>Sumo and his brother compete by stumping; it's hot as hell outside
Stump Brothers

I like it a lot. It reminds me a lot of my childhood more so than anything else.

i wasnt, when i was a kid. i hated that shit, i wanted escapism
now 'kids in the neighborhood' IS escapism
first two seasons were goood
gotta disagree. it's pointless if you're a kid. among other things it only represents childhood from decades ago

>i wasnt, when i was a kid. i hated that shit, i wanted escapism. now 'kids in the neighborhood' IS escapism

Funny thing is, this series is both comfy, relatable 'kids in the neighborhood', AND wacky escapism at the same time, in a way that's amazingly clever. Take the recent episode "Dullence" for example:
>Sumo enlists Clarence to fight a dragonfly with water guns
Fun, relatable, kid stuff. Typical slice-of-life segment
>Fast forward to the end.
>"Oh yeah, they won. They totally own the yard now."
Hilariously fucking ridiculous twist.

I love the show, but I will never understand how people only drool over Amy Gillis and the underage girls.

Like, there's Ms. Baker, Mary Wendle, the hostess and waitress from "Clarence Gets a Girlfriend", Belson's mom, Ms. Julip/Julep, and the list goes on!

It's a shame the show is underrated because, along with a lack of people to discuss it with, there's also an extreme lack of Rule 34 fanart (especially for the adult characters in the show who actually deserve it)...

>I will never understand how people only drool over Amy Gillis and the underage girls.
I would say it's one half nostalgia fags who wish they knew girls that cool when they were kids, and one half daughteru fags who just love how cute the girls are, and use them to satiate their paternal instincts.

This shows has balls than nuPPG btw

>I don't value your opinion
>However I will get butthurt as fuck and go out of my way to use passive backhanded comments to insult you
You're seriously pushing the idea that MY OPINION is seriously wrong because you disagree with it. Do you like Clarence because you're autistic like him? I'm sorry I can't relate to fat retards like you kiddo.

It's a great show, with well done comedy and animation and a lot of out there stuff, but it's like We Bear Bares or Harvey Beaks in that it doesn't entice me to watch more.

I feel you on this, user

Right?! Where's the love for Ms. Baker?

I'll admit that the show might not have the most appealing art style (I'm pretty sure that's the main thing that keeps people from checking it out), but, somehow, it still manages to have extremely attractive [adult] female characters.

come back amy