BvS Ultimate Edition Scene List

I saw the ultimate edition and really liked it. I loved MoS, and liked (didn't love) BvS because I thought it was a little choppy. The ultimate edition really smoothed things out for me and I'm on the love side now.

I think if you liked the movie or you were on the fence about it due to technical aspects or bits of issues due to the story, I think you'll get more of an appreciation of the movie since the added material really smooths things out. If you're just not into the movie, then you're just not into it. Movies, like any form of art, are subjective and people are going to like certain things and not like certain things.

Anyway, someone did the job of listing out the scene updates/changes for the ultimate edition in the link below. I'll post the details in the following posts.

dicapriyos.tumblr.com/post/145858657724/batman-v-superman

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/batman-v-superman-originally-included-four-hours-of-footage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bruce saves more than one kid at the Black Zero event. He’s the BatDad we deserve.
>More violence shown in the village. More dialogue from the African man Lois was interviewing.
>The KGBeast burns the bodies of the men he shot to frame Superman for the killing. An actress hired by Lex confirms that Superman was the one who did it.
>Jimmy Olsen say “I’m Jimmy Olsen”. Him and Lois’ first exchange is funny.
>The CIA attempts to bomb the village with Lois still held captive. Clark intervenes.
>Insignificant: When Clark first starts his investigation in Gotham, there’s male couple kissing in the background on the ferry.
>Clark goes investigating in Gotham, he’s supposed to be there to write his article on the football game, but instead goes to interview the actress Lex hired. She’s not there, but his investigation in The Batman begins here.
>We see 2 different opinions on Batman. A woman claims the only reason to be frightened of Batman is if you have a reason to be. A man says implies that Batman has changed, now everyone should be afraid. “He’s angry and he’s hunting.”
>More Clark/Lois interaction. He’s worried about her investigation into the bullet. He says it’s too dangerous. She says that’s why she didn’t tell him about it.
>Lex has more of a background presence. Clark is assigned to the library benefit because ‘someone requested Clark Kent cover the event’. So clearly Lex already knows who he is from the beginning. Meaning he wanted Clark and Bruce to meet.
>Insignificant: Perry calls Clark a nerd.

>More Lex dialog with Finch. “Maybe if I keep everything the same Dad will come back.” He talks about his Dad almost as if he’s not dead.
>There’s a quick Bruce Wayne shower scene. Yes, we see Ben’s ass. Yes, it looks good.
>Clark calls his mom after the watching the Senator Finch interview. He asks why his dad never left Kansas and ask why can’t life be more simple. Martha responds nothing was ever simple.
>We see Lex pulling the strings more and more. He has the man Batman branded kill while in prison. Then he has the pics sent to Clark.
>There’s a new scene with Jon Stewart roasting Superman.
>Jena Malone plays an unmade forensic scientist.
>Extended scene with Diana she’s talking with a Curator about the sword on display.
>The Knightmare scene is longer. We see all the trucks arriving at the compound Batman is at. There’s a longer shot of Batman walking to the truck. Also an extended scene of Batman fighting the Superman soldiers.
>There’s a scene with Clark trying to find out what happened to the man who was killed. He talks with his girlfriend outside of the GCPD. She tells him words won’t stop Batman, only fists.
>Longer moment between Clark and his mom, she’s giving him advice.
>The actress Lex hired sees the KGBeast waiting outside her apartment as she gets off the bus. She stays on the bus.
>She goes to see Senator Finch to tell her the truth before the senate meeting. The pieces of the African plot line start slowing falling into place.
>Lois realizes the entire thing was a setup. She tells Perry to run the story. Lex set the whole thing up, it was an ambush for Superman.

Did they still keep in the Youtube videos for the Justice League or did they get extended scenes like those possibly bullshit rumors implied?

>Senator knows everything. Lex threatened and coerced that actress into lying about Superman. She realizes Lex has been using the senate, playing them like puppets.
>The KGBeast pushes the african actress in front of a subway car to silence her.
>When Finch says “Today is a day for truth.” she was talking about Lex setting up Superman. That’s when she sees ‘granny’s peach tea’. In the context of the UE at that moment she realizes she’s been played when she sees Lex’s empty seat.
>After the senate explosion, victims are being treated on the steps outside. Superman is flying victims out of the wreckage. He’s helping. He’s saving people. He sees all the damaged caused, of the dead bodies and blames himself. He locks eyes with Lois, and flies away. (Ok so I legit teared up bye)
>There’s a scene with Alfred chopping wood. Out side the Wayne residence. He goes inside looking for Bruce and sees what happened at the senate meeting. The returned checks from Wallace sit on a coffee table. He seems to realize that Bruce is about to do something reckless. He turns to face the lake, worried.
>We see Lex watch footage of Batman breaking into Lexcorp to steal the Kryptonite. He smirks. All according to plan.
>Longer montage of Bruce weaponizing the Kryptonite and a little bit longer of him working out. (God…)
>We see people blaming Superman for the attack on the capital. News outlets are saying if he’s so powerful, why couldn’t he stop a bomber a few feet away from him? There’s a protest where they hang and burn a Superman doll in frustration.
>Longer scene of Clark in the mountains. He walks by a group of men by the base of the mountain. As he walks by they say “He knows the mountain is not passable. He’s come to die.”

>Lois is watching the news. Lex apparently planted bomb materials for investigators to find in Wallace’s apartment. Superman has not been ruled out as a co-conspirator. We cut to Lex on the helipad as the news channel still talks about evidence pointing to Superman being involved. He smirks.
>Lois goes to Wallace’s apartment. It’s completely changed from the scene where we see Lex give him the wheel chair. Anti-Superman graffiti everywhere. Bomb making material on the desk. Lois realizes that Wallace had just bought groceries. She conclude he didn’t know he was going to die that day.
>She calls Jena Malone’s character again. That bullet from the desert? Wallace’s new wheel chair? Both made from the same metal. The same metal Lexcorp manufactures. Also the wheelchair was lined with lead. So even if Clark checked, he wouldn’t have known it was a bomb.
>We see the full Lois kidnapping scene. (Her being dragged out to a truck)
>After the BvS fight, Alfred tells Bruce where Martha Kent is. Bruce says “I don’t deserve you Alfred.” “No, you don’t.” is Alfred’s response.
>When Clark goes to confront Lex he says “You lose.” Lex says “I don’t know how to lose.” Clark says “You’ll learn.” Lex mockingly says “I’ll learn! I don’t hate the sinner, I hate the sin. And yours, my friend, is existing.” So basically this whole scene is like 2 minutes longer.
>There’s a scene of Martha getting rescued by the GCPD after Batman saves her from the warehouse.

It's still there, but (like most scenes in the movie really) the transition into that scene is much better. Diana doesn't just pop into her room and computer like in the theatrical cut.

>There’s a scene with Lex in the Kryptonian ship communicating with what is presumed to be Steppenwolf, 3 mother boxes, and an outline of Earth’s solar system. This scene was also released on YouTube back in March.
>The end montage is longer. Metropolis is shown to be empty, leaves blow through the street. Business’ are closed. The Daily Planet shut down. Why? Because everyone in Metropolis is attending Superman’s funeral.
>The Daily Planet staff attends Clark’s funeral in Kansas. Pete Ross and Lana Lang from Man of Steel are also there.
>The priest presiding over Clark’s funeral reads a passage about resurrection and the “Earth giving birth to the dead”.
>BRUCE PAYS FOR CLARK’S FUNERAL BYE I’M GONE
>In the prison scene, Lex makes it abundantly clear that he knows Batman is Bruce. Lex says “Look at us. This is how it all caves in. Civilization. Wayne Manors. Out the window. But who would believe me? I’m insane. I’m not even fit to stand trial.” He laughs. Bruce says “That’s right, we have hospitals to treat and heal with compassion. But that’s not where you’re going. I arranged for you to be transferred to Arkham Asylum (Suicide Squad cameo confirmed?) in Gotham.” Lex quickly stops smiling.

Okay, I guess I could live with that shit. This all sounds good anyway.

>When Clark goes to confront Lex he says “You lose.” Lex says “I don’t know how to lose.” Clark says “You’ll learn.” Lex mockingly says “I’ll learn! I don’t hate the sinner, I hate the sin. And yours, my friend, is existing.” So basically this whole scene is like 2 minutes longer.

Some good shit

Thanks OP.

Sounds pretty good.

No problem, man.

Best analogy I can think of for the ultimate edition is the LotR extended editions. Like the BvS ultimate edition, the LotR extended editions are basically an additional .5-hour added onto each 2.5-hour movie. But the extra material really expands and fleshes out the movie.

As an LotR fan who read the books, I liked the theatrical cuts but I always thought it seemed a little short and limited. However, I loved the extended cut since it really added additional depth and really smoothed out the entire product for me. I think this is the same situation as this BvS cut.

Just have to wait for the Blu-Ray to come in so I can watch it on HD.

I thought the movie was pretty bad, but all this definitely sounds like improvements.

Still, it still seems like total incompetence to let a movie have so many plot holes after editing. A lot of the time, studios screw over filmmakers, but in this instance, come on, Snyder knew that three hours wouldn't make it into the theatrical cut, so it was still his job to make sure that whatever did still managed to make shit. If you need three hours for your story to make sense but know that big-budget studios won't want to do more than 2.5 hours, you still kinda fucked up.

>nyder knew that three hours wouldn't make it into the theatrical cut
pretty sure they initially asked for a 3 hour film and decided to do major cuts later on.

From what I heard they were set for a 3hr movie up until the last min. And some executives panicked and we got the choppy cut instead

>Civilization. Wayne Manors. Out the window
There's a small mistake here, the actual line is "Civilization on the Wayne, Manors out the window".

Films get cut down for any number of reasons. Kingdom of Heaven got cut down by 45 minutes due to audience reaction and suffered. The director's cut for it was really acclaimed once it was released.

We'll likely never know why BvS was cut the way it was other than (at times conflicting) hearsay and rumor. Snyder has said he both drove the cuts down to 2.5-hours because he wanted to and also said he initially wanted a 3-hour cut but doesn't have the weight like higher profile directors to impose it.

Some stories just need that extra room to breathe, and it looks like BvS is one of those.

Maybe we'll get some idea because it seem this cut is so much better and people are saying its stupid they didn't release this.

WB asked for a 2.5 hour movie and he came to them with over 4 hours. He cut it down to 3 and tried to get it past them and they still refused cause he wasn't following directions. It's his own fault

These do sound good. Cautiously optimistic.

>Senator knows everything. Lex threatened and coerced that actress into lying about Superman. She realizes Lex has been using the senate, playing them like puppets.
Whoever edited the theatrical version I'm Lmaoing at your life

It was 4-hours of footage with everything they filmed in. They came down to 3-hours cut after trimming the fat. This is normal, as most every movie films much more than what you'll see in the released version so the editors and directors can play with the final product to get to something that works.

comicbookresources.com/article/batman-v-superman-originally-included-four-hours-of-footage

It looks like studio interference caused them to trim down from this 3-hour cut (likely the ultimate edition) to a 2.5-hour cut so that audiences wouldn't be dissuaded from such a long movie and allow more shows to be run within a period of a day. Could it have still worked as a 2.5-hour cut? Sure, it'll work on some projects and not work on others. BvS looks like the latter. I'm glad we'll be able to see the actual vision.

>After the BvS fight

so no longer fight BvsS fight scene?

It's just a slight bit longer, before Superman drives Batman up the building he throws him into an alleyway

>>The KGBeast burns the bodies of the men he shot to frame Superman for the killing. An actress hired by Lex confirms that Superman was the one who did it.
Thank god

but has it been ripped an uploaded to torrents yet

>>There’s a new scene with Jon Stewart roasting Superman.
Wot

Jon Stewart was one of the people during the news media scenes. It was a Daily Show spot where he cracks jokes about news. His cameo was cut apparently.

The jew, not the black lantern.
God... this sounds so good

>Also the wheelchair was lined with lead. So even if Clark checked, he wouldn’t have known it was a bomb.
How does Lex even know that Supes has x-ray vision?

They fixed it dammit
They did it!

The same reason Bruce does: by studying him.
It would just take finding a pattern in the way he 'scans' things; for most things he just seemingly looks at them but others he physically checks behind them. Analyzing those things would show they were made of lead. Ergo, he cannot see through lead because he uses x-rays.

Or he could have also found out by studying Zod's body.

So things that would have actually made things coherent were cut.

Yikes there is bad management at Warner Bros.

>Not posting the video

Am I really gonna have to wait 2 more weeks? Where's the torrent?

It didn't fix any of my issues with the film, but at least things were better explained.

>4K
I'm fine with picking up a blu-ray copy, right?

What were your issues?

not reading all of those but from what I have already read, that shit makes me apeshit mad. I fucking hate the WB suits for wanting that much important content cut

I'm sure snyder must have been pissed as fuck, especially after the movie was critically panned like a motherfucker

BVSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIVIL WAR

I really hope so. I liked BvS more than Civil War but objectively, Civil War was the better movie.

This time around, the genericness of Civil War totally ruined my experience with the movie. I enjoyed Deadpool, X-Men and BvS more than Civil War just because it didn't offer anything interesting. Even the airport fight didn't really amaze me for some reason

My last hope is basically Doctor Strange now that those motherfuckers apparently cancelled Inhumans

Yeah, the Blu-Ray is fine. They're promoting the 4K because it's one of WB's first wave of UHD releases, along with MoS, Fury Road, Lego Movie, etc.

Pure kino confirmed.

What's the opinion on 4K anyway?
I was always satisfied with 1080p that I fail to see why I should purchase Ultra copies.

>Jimmy Olsen say “I’m Jimmy Olsen”. Him and Lois’ first exchange is funny.
So he is the CIA right? SNYDER! FUCK

Zack Snyder shot Jimmy Olsen in the face. This will never not be funny.

>Bruce says “I don’t deserve you Alfred.” “No, you don’t.” is Alfred’s response.
ok I laughed.

It's the new emerging format, but it's still in its infancy. So the TVs and players are pretty overpriced at the moment. Best wait until more products come into the market and the price drops. Most media also is just converted for 4K at the moment and not produced with it in mind, so it's another reason to wait a bit on it.

The Ultimate-est Edition will fix it, you just wait

Could be easily retconned by saying the dude wasn't Jimmy, but was just using Olsen's identity as an actual photographer as a cover for the operation.

Clark Kent is also more or less death.

>There’s a quick Bruce Wayne shower scene. Yes, we see Ben’s ass. Yes, it looks good.
kek

That sounds absolutely atrocious. What part of that sounds good?

Why would it need to be fixed? It's perfect. Nerds need to stop worrying and learn to love the Snyder.

Jon Stewart?

What??

WB knows about the leak.

This guy, you slow fuckers.

Okay, but where's the torrent?

The funny tv jew not afro lantern

There's no torrent. It was accidentally up on legit sevices like Flixster and CinemaNow for a while. AFAIK, nobody ripped it while they could.

>All this extra poetry
No wonder the movie needed to be cut, shit's redundant yo

>Gotham thug goes "Batman's out hunting shit!"
>Later Bruce himself goes "Hey Alfred, my family was hunters, so you could say i'm an hunter myself right now"

>Lex says "I hate you because you're God and God can't be all good"
>In the same scene Lex says a similar "I hate sins and you're sin's existing"

And people are already blaming the WB suits for the theatrical cut, as if the script and the director were good in the first place!

Althouhg i have to ask, is this really legit? The part where they point out the wheelchair bomb was covered in lead so "Supes couldn't have seen the bomb even if he tried!" feels exactly like the kind of excuse a fanboy would make up. Also the Snyder movies never enstablished Clark can't see through lead, please do correct me if i'm wrong

You assholes. You had one job.

*your sin's existing

It's legit.

And while it'll never be confirmed, it is rather likely Snyder could've shot some additional scenes to assuage fan outcry.

He's not a good storyteller, if anything he'd make things worse with reshoots.

>More real life celeb bullshit

We get it Snyder, this is the REAL world.

All the extra Clark/Lex stuff sounds great, the rest sounds redundant.

>Lex being scared of Arkham

Pretty gay

>"Civilization on the wane, manners out the window."

Well, reshoots or not, that scene actually makes things worse. If there's anything more pathetic than a scene of the hero being distracted from a danger, it's a scene of the hero being distracted from a danger WHILE being technically unable to notice it in the first place

Like, the second version only helps pointing out that Superman didn't even try, it's an unecessary detail that serves no purpose

So do they include a reason for Lois Lane to exist in the movie?

to show that Superman isn't gay

To talk to Jenna Malone about shit so the movie can officially pass the Bechdel test

BvSkino > CWgarbage

>She was the reason Superman showed up in Africa
>Initial reason for Superman's confrontation with Lex
>Extended Cut has her piecing together Luthor and the Africa incident

shame none of these additions will be canon desu

>Extended Cut has her piecing together Luthor and the Africa incident
The theatrical cut hadn't?

piecing it together sure, but it never went anywhere

Where does it go this time

It did.

And both versions lead nowhere.

The theatrical cut had her working on it, but it ends with her giving the General the bullet. Extended has her linking Wallace with Lex and figuring out why Clark couldn't see the bomb

>Wanted both BvS and Civil War to be great
>Went in with low expectations for both

>Both were just alright

At least I still enjoy comics, I guess

I hate being the guy who doesn't get hyped for adaptations

Civil War garbage? Agreed.

restoring supermans reputation with a fancy news article?

Which also leads nowhere.

That's the problem with the movie. It's overstuffed with stuff that in the end doesn't amount to much.

Take a good hard look at the movie and tells me Wallace Keefe couldn't easily be removed and just replaced by a random bombing.

So where's the torrent?

But that still doesn't go anywhere

Storytelling-wise speaking, it's all pointless because we know since the beginning Lex's behind it all. Once Lois suggests us what the bullet was for, anything else is unecessary. What's the point of having her notice Wallace didn't want to die if we, the audience, saw Lex fucking around with him by ourselves? It'd only have a point if it showed her writing an article about it or something...

As i guessed. But OP doesn't mention it. And still, is it *really* necessary? Wouldn't the police's report show directly that Superman was just a victim of Lex's big ruse?

>Which also leads nowhere.
It cleans up Superman's name, shows he wasn't the one behind the Africa incident. It shows why Superman didn't see the bomb ahead of time. It provides evidence that Luthor was playing Bruce and Clark all along.

>Storytelling-wise speaking, it's all pointless because we know since the beginning Lex's behind it all.
>we know
Yes, WE know, but not the characters in-universe

I think without Lois investigation, the police would've only gone as far as to blame Lex for Doomsday and not the incident in africa.

What's the difference if Lois knows about it in advance? What's the significant difference from what already happened in the theatrical?

newsflash: competent directors make the movie to fit the time they have allowed and correctly the first time

No, it doesn't.

Superman wasn't looking for it. It's still on him. The lead is just a way to bullshit that had he looked for it, he still wouldn't have found it.

And we already knew they were being played all along.

So Superman has still no meaningful dialogue.

He says nothing in the courtroom, he never talks to Wonder Woman, he only asks a couple of questions and listens to the answers.

>Ultimate Version
Fuck right off.

I agree its obvious Clark wasn't looking at Wallace because of how guilty he felt but its more like no one but Finch knew Lex was planning something. Supes didn't suspect Lex at this point.

Posting in a studio shill thread.

He talks to his mom and Lois more.
He talks when he needs too. And Zack never does movies for the dislouge unfortunately.
I thought he talked plenty and when he needed too.

It gives them a way to clear Superman's name
>Lois is watching the news. Lex apparently planted bomb materials for investigators to find in Wallace’s apartment. Superman has not been ruled out as a co-conspirator. We cut to Lex on the helipad as the news channel still talks about evidence pointing to Superman being involved. He smirks.
>Lois goes to Wallace’s apartment. It’s completely changed from the scene where we see Lex give him the wheel chair. Anti-Superman graffiti everywhere. Bomb making material on the desk. Lois realizes that Wallace had just bought groceries. She conclude he didn’t know he was going to die that day.
>She calls Jena Malone’s character again. That bullet from the desert? Wallace’s new wheel chair? Both made from the same metal. The same metal Lexcorp manufactures. Also the wheelchair was lined with lead. So even if Clark checked, he wouldn’t have known it was a bomb.

>Superman wasn't looking for it. It's still on him.
He didn't even know it was there
>And we already knew they were being played all along.
Yes, we knew, not the characters

Or have a better understanding what needs to be edited to still tell a good story. Snyder and & Co edited a ton of the wrong things the first time.

And its still not a really good movie with the story parts added back in.

Superman still isn't Superman and that's always going to be a problem going forward.

>Superman wasn't looking for it.

why would he be using his x-ray vision all the time? there is no point in doing that unless he is paranoid as fuck.