ITT: Moments where any of your favorite tv shows jumped the shark

ITT: Moments where any of your favorite tv shows jumped the shark

The Office was obviously going downhill fast before this but this was the moment I completely lost hope for it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwIbsyQSFmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the svu video game episode

why don't I remember this scene?

Jim tries to be closer with Stanley by making him laugh. Stanley makes Jim believe that pranks on Dwight involving meatballs were funnier than anything. So Jim kept pranking Dwight with meatballs. Dwight and Stanley were working together the whole time and they split the meatballs Jim provided.

It took you THAT long? Really?

It's in S7 or S8 IIRC. Dwight and Stanley conspire together to make Jim give them free meatballs by Stanley pretending it's the only thing he finds funny when he pranks Dwight. They both end the episode calling Jim dumb and saying they're getting free meatballs.

Wtf that sounds like a riot

youtube.com/watch?v=BwIbsyQSFmI

It's just so out of character for both of them on so many levels

>any answer that isn't michael driving his car into a lake

I must have dropped before that episode, holy fuck that sounds terrible

This was after Michael Scott left, wasn't it?

That episode in general is pretty funny though.

Idk I feel like the US Office is a lot like Spongebob or the Simpsons in that it didn't just peak and then the next season it instantly went to shit, but it just gradually degenerated for several seasons after having a relatively long period of high quality episodes. It took longer than most shows but this same thing is happening to It's Always Sunny now as well

Yeah it's S8 which is the next-to-last season. Same season where they go to Florida.

You've just been meatballed

yee

The Office was less funny after Season 5, but it wasn't terrible.

>thinking that everything after Michael Scott left didn't range from stale to liquid diarhea shit

I hated the episodes of S8 when the cameraman started flirting with Pam and shit. It just made me hate Pam (more).

Spongebob hasn't gone to shit though. And years ago people were saying how bad sunny had gotten and then out of nowhere (season 6 or something) everybody on Sup Forums magically start praising it again saying it was never shit (it wasn't, it just wasn't as funny)

>Spongebob hasn't gone to shit though.
t. nigger

>(season 6 or something) everybody on Sup Forums magically start praising it again saying it was never shit (it wasn't, it just wasn't as funny)
That's exactly what I'm saying m8

>Spongebob hasn't gone to shit
Take off your nostalgia goggles m8. I heard that the most recent season was alright cuz Hillenburg returned to write most of it but everything from 4-9 was the same as the Office where it went from being just not as funny to being pure dogshit. There's whole episodes that are literally just Spongebob and Patrick screaming

Yeah idk why this bothered me so much cuz it was always implied that the Office was a mockumentary but it was annoying for the cameramen to start getting involved. It kind of broke the immersion as stupid as that sounds

However
>hating pam
c'mon nigga

S7 is where Sunny started going to shit unless you fell for the Fat Mac meme

That spoiler text, please don't remind me it hurts, the waterpark episode was great but the political charged shit is killing the show.

Hate is a strong word, but I dislike her personality and choices in the show.
I don't like people who cheat, her quirky attitude doesn't excuse her behavior.

She's not horrible but she's kind of a shitty, selfish person. Jim sacrificed his dream career for her and had to go above and beyond to comfort her the moment she felt guilty. I never felt like she put the same foot forward for Jim that he did for her. The final season just cemented my dislike of her.

>knows it's a mockumentary
>seeing the camerman breaks immersion

You're right, user. That sounds pretty daggum stupid.

hentai and stanley

I feel that It's Always Sunny was obviously always political, even pretty left-leaning, in several episodes, but it was legitimately funny satire that felt inspired. Now it just kind of seems like they're running out of ideas so they're pulling shit out of the front page and writing episodes based on that.

The thing that's irritating about It's Always Sunny now is that the good episodes like the water park and the Wade Bogs challenge are so good that they give you hope but then you get four or five awful ones in a row that just make you want to give up again, than they give you another good one. It's like they know they're on their last leg and just want to milk it for everything its worth

I feel you but many women are like this. It doesn't necessarily make her less bitchy or whatever but I feel like it wasn't something specific to her character.

I'll agree with you that she definitely got more annoying rather than quirky as the show went on

I don't remember this?

not canon

deleted scene

michael proposing was clearly the end of the office, you shut it off right after she says yes and thats that. i mean come on, he's the main character and that was his character arch ffs. Also why did Carel leave?

Why wouldn't you at least watch until he takes his mic out?

I pretty much agree with you. They should just do some George Lucas type destruction and erasure of everything after season 7

because by then they set you up with the next season's cliff hanger

Dexter after season 2.
Luckily Breaking Bad came along soon after S2 ended.