Dwarven mine

>dwarven mine
>need to know Elven to open the front door

Really?

The gate was the western entrance to Moria, mostly used for trade with the Noldor elves that lived in that region, called Eregion back then and Hollin at the time the story takes place.

neeeeeerd

Melon.

I'm actually rereading the books and just passed that chapter.

Hah check out this guy with his knowing things and shit

Because the only thing worse than an elf, is a foreign dwarf

>2017
>reading
HEY EVERYBODY GET A LOAD OF THIS LOSER

Celebrimbor made the fucking door in the first place

how to horse carts etc fit through this tiny ass gate and since when was the watcher in the water?

Wasn't the door constructed by an elf as a sign of friendship with the dwarves of Moria

I doubt the watcher was there when Moria wasn't abandoned

op BTFO

What if orcs knew the elven language? Couldn't they open the door too and invade Moria?

or what if they were discussing what was on the menu for that night? and melons happened to be the dessert? dwarves would be fucked

Elven unlike Dwarvish is difficult for Orcs or servants of Morgoth to speak since it actually hurts them, whereas the Goblins in Moria knew Dwarvish (Azog branded Thror's head with the dwarf runes for beggar)

Seeing as they find a bunch of orcs and goblins in there, you might be right

>81
worse lotr thread ever. do you niggers even read the wiki pages before posting here?

Some race probably orcs dammed the stream that comes down past the west wall and the valley outside the gate became a lake maybe 50 years before the books. At some point the watcher slunk into it.

I don't remember the movie, but the gate isn't really small. The watcher probably got there after Moria was abandoned, but it's not known when or how exactly.

The door was guarded and mostly kept open at the time it was being used, knowing the password wouldn't be the issue.

what's their tax policy
wait don't answer me