I know I'm late to the party, but what did Sup Forums think of it?

I know I'm late to the party, but what did Sup Forums think of it?
I personally loved it.

Just watched it a couple of days ago. I also loved it.

mexican superman is what new 52 superman should have been and is also the only good take on edgy superman

3rded

4thed

Was pretty good. Really upset that we're not gonna see anymore of this universe.

thought it was great and cool and awesome and want to see more alternate heroes

Timm was clearly just trying to emulate Watchmen, but it was good enough on it's own merit. I'll take whatever Metal Men I can get

>I personally loved it.
Nobody cares. Go blog about it somewhere else.

Second "season" got delayed indefinitely, right? We were supposed to see Green Lantern, Mary Marvel and one other hero, if I'm not mistaken

>emulate watchmen

the fuck?

meme

>Second "season" got delayed indefinitely, right?
Well that's depressing.

OP here. Mexican was my favorite, but I was surprised by how much I loved all three.
Any movie recs? I know MoTP and UTRH, but what are the other good ones?

The entire plot was clearly inspired by the mystery plot of Watchman, replacing Ozymandias with Doc Magnus

Crisis on two earths and Doom

*Meximan

Very very lackluster plot but with interesting characters. Felt more like it was the premise to a cool cartoon show than a movie.

nah

Watched this back to back with Throne Of Atlantis.
Maybe it's because of TOA sucked sweaty hippo balls, but I loved Gods and Monsters.

It sets up the characters better, the animation isn't stilted and I can actually tell people apart, even though it's in that Paul Dini style. Must be because the characters had actual personality.

>Second "season" got delayed indefinitely, right
Yeah
They probably didn't make enough money from the first one to justify a sequel

I wish they could just do a comic instead or something cause I loved the setting and characters they had

Good premise but the ending was meh.
I'd definitely like to see more though.

>>I can actually tell people apart, even though it's in that Paul Dini style.
Firstly it's Bruce Timm, Dini is just a writer, secondly, are you implying that Timm girls can't be distincted because that's bullshit

Will Alt batman ever get a new waifu after his died

Maybe I should've purchased it, yeah? I loved it too and want to see more.

No, this absolutely was Bruce Timm trying to create his Watchmen, and I don't think that's really a bad thing. It was a good effort at it.

I still have this screen cap on my desktop from when it first came out

I don't see it.
I get where you're coming from with this, but I don't see it.

>That Batman mini released before the film
>That exchange between him and Harley before he bites into her

nice

1/10 apply yourself

>are you implying that Timm girls can't be distincted because that's bullshit
Not the user you're talking to but while Timm is capable of creating distinctive female characters, most of them suffer from safeface.

It's the whole "create mysterious, hidden force of villain that is eliminating people in the know as a front for the true villains scheme, who is secretly the close friend of the hero the whole time" aspect of it all.

liked it so much i bought this the other day. batman and superman were cool but wonder woman stole the fuckin show for me. so badass.
>that flash back

I wouldn't mind them appearing in the main continuity if handled by a good writer.

It did a really good job demonstrating how shitty the dc movies have gotten under James Tuckers tenure compared to Timm.

Timm has a really good understanding of how to give a story pathos

>Second "season" got delayed indefinitely, right?
What? Why?

... You know the watchmen didn't create that shit right?

Shit, that's fucking Death note.

Hell he wasn't that edgy, just morally confused

Loved it, Superman was sexy and Wonder Woman's origin flashback was great

>1986-87
>2003-06

He already has a new husbando so why not.

Yes user, I am aware. I'm also aware that Watchmen had more influence on Timm with this movie than Death Note.

Acting was stilted and unconvincing. Story was rushed and had too many set-ups, not enough payoff.

I see literally nothing related to Watchmen besides the overarching theme of betrayal on the level of "it was the butler all along"

It wasn't a deconstruction of the superhero genre, it was a re-imagining of heroes who, you know, were still heroic.

My exact feelings on the matter. Couldn't be bothered to care about anyone's plight outside maybe Lex and only really because I'd seen Contact.

Watchmen was a lot more than just a decontruction user. The decontructionist element is only one small part of it

There is a comic, not drawn by Timm though.

You mean this?

I loved it. Since the dccu wants to be edgy wish this was the life action version we got but Snyder would have ruined it. It kills me that we will probably get nothing more set in this universe

Only doing Batman

Pretty good alternate takes on the characters. Superman and 'Wonder Woman' especially. 'Kirk' felt kind of underdeveloped, concept wise at least, I don't know if this was because he was so close to the plot, or they just couldn't think of anything else besides 'vampire Batman'

The only thing that I didn't quite like was the straight up evil New Gods.

Alright fine, everything but Justice League.

Malicious code my ass

I loved Gods and Monster's Apokalyps and Darkseid

Want a sequel involving Bekka and Luthor's crusade against the New Gods

Also I loved the trinity, and Superhombre