Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Storytime (Part 5)

THE REALLY LATE EDITION!

It's the "late" edition because it was supposed to be midnight last night instead of 4 PM today. And yes, that means we'll have our regularly scheduled storytime in 8 hours.

This story just reminds me I need to read Lone Wolf & Cub eventually.

Yeah, Sandho Kim is really leaning hard on Goseki Kojima's style here.

Really digging Nebres' work in this issue.

Is he? Most my my manga knowledge of from shounen (I like to think it's some decent shounen, but that's like saying "decent capeshit"), so I don't know much about his work outside of his reputation

Shit, my page is messed up. THIS page is supposed to go first, and THEN

This seems like a bad idea.

You just KNOW they had to think of an insult for him to use without calling him "nigger".

My father was in 'Nam, and he didn't learn any martial arts outside of the Marine Corp. I call bullshit on this guy.

Man, they really don't put much into these racist insults besides "Slant" do they? I mean, that's all this guy seems to use.

ANOTHER Bruce Lee cover.

Remember when "Oriental" wasn't racist?

As always, user, thanks a bunch for this storytime.

What are you going to post once these issues are done?

I've been called an "oriental" a couple of times, by older white folk in their 70s who didn't seem to attach any negative connotations to the word—they were simply using it as a synonym for "Asian." It's all about context in usage, I suppose. I mean, I prefer that they didn't use it, of course, but I'm not going to lose my shit over something like that.

Probably Nebres's best opening montage/racap splash page during his run on this series.

>What are you going to post once these issues are done?

Well after this, we're FINALLY going back to the original Power Man and Iron Fist series. After that I've got a plan, but I want to be a surprise.

Aww shit, Kung Fu Treachery as told by Marvel!

That is the saddest looking Yakuza I've ever seen.

>Main character: Iron Fist
>Acquired

Man, this is pretty dark. I can imagine some guy picking up this mag off the rack thinking he's set for maybe half-an-hour of kung fu chopsocky hijinks and just getting hit in the gut with this.

Shit, I have to go on an errand. I'l continue this in maybe half an hour.

Anyone who's read Master of Kung Fu, which I assume has more of Shang-Chi's friends in it- Is Black Jack Tarr usually this casually racist?

>Fight a bunch of Morbius clones,
>Then a Ghost Rider.

This seems like a hard level.

Wait, when did Lone Wolf and Cub start? Before the mid seventies?

AND THAT ERRAND LASTED WAY LONGER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE!
Some motherfuckers should clean their garages out, all I'm saying.