Alignment

can we have one of these threads?

Other urls found in this thread:

easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your chart is fucked.

I would edit it again but I lost the .xcf

I don't understand what it means to be neutral between lawful and chaotic.

Not particularly lawful or chaotic?

>The Collector
>Neutral

lawful evil >>>>> any other alignment

>Woody
>Good

>Buzz
>Not Lawful

Lawful means you are trust worthy or follow a code or prefer organized planned or are generally predictable in your thinking and patterns.

Chaotic is more free forming and adaptable. You may be in favor of something one day and against it the next as whichever thought you have going on.

NG,TN, NE balance between this. You may be guided in some veins of a system or agreement or have your own rules, but see them as starting points, not strict. Yet you're not so sporadic no one would ever trust you

Buzz is not lawful. Even in toy story one he breaks his "code" to do as he wishes. in Toy Story 2 he breaks all the rules to go save woody. He seems to support these codes as an underling but when the leader is in trouble and he is in charge be breaks them. That's NG, He's just like Riker from Star Trek.

All correct, except for the Collector. Owning slaves drops him to evil.

Thanos is Lawful Evil
Vision is Neutral Good
Scarlet Witch is Chaotic Good
Black Widow is Neutral Good

>Iron Man
>Good

He serves his own version of "good" at best. I say this even if he is my favorite MCU "hero".

how is sid chaotic evil?
lots of kids fuck with toys. hes probably going through the most thorough therapy and medication to get the images of the living toys that assaulted him out of his mind.

We don't know the arrangement of which he owns them. It's possibly he is looking after them like many things in his collection. Owning slaves isn't inherently evil. They could be prisoners and he did them a favor by giving them a better place to serve, point is we don't know. Galactus is certainly true neutral and he had "slaves"

>Owning slaves isn't inherently evil
It is in D&D. And Galactus has servants. The collector has servants, AND slaves. The "giving them a better life" thing doesn't really hold up when some of them are kept in cages.

>He serves his own version of "good"
That's the definition of Chaotic good, almost word for word.

Didn't Cap break several laws in his last movie?

You have to look at it in their universe though. In D&D killing is evil. In GotG no one is bothered by the collector having a servant (who claims to be a slave, no one else makes this claim) because it is normal.

how is captain america lawful good?

He is the main villain in Civil War.

Yes, but for the sake of good. Lawful Good is a difficult thing to tackle and do right because you're in bed with two forces that don't necessarily match up all the time. Following the law, always, to a T, is Lawful Neutral.

My attempt at a DC one. Critique please. I have pretty extensive knowledge of the characters but I'm shaky on what constitutes each alignment.

I would say to swap Ultron and Loki
Loki doesn't torture or murder people. His goals were set on domination.
Ultron's plan was genocide. That's pretty chaotic evil

Wouldn't Bats and Supes be switched

Swap Superman and Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman doesn't care and doesn't worry about collateral damage that much

I don't know anything about Deadshot, what makes him lawful evil?

Swap Supes and Bats.

No, Batman has a code he always follows, even to that point that it's a threat to himself and everyone around him.
Supes and Wondy should be switched though.

Batman is LG though. He by design wants criminals put into the justice system and has a personal code.

Superman largely depends on the story, but by far is more NG. Which is generally pure altruism.

No, that's a common misinterpretation.

Superman has no regard for law or politics. He does what is right no matter what. If he doesn't agree with a law, he won't obey it.

Batman may be Lawful Good or Neutral. He believes firmly in the law. He thinks everyone should pay for their crimes, no matter the justification. He famously saved the Joker from being executed, because the crime he was being executed for was one he actually didn't commit. The one thing that makes it confusing is that Batman has no regard for the law when it gets in the way of his own operations, but to be fair, both the police and the government simply look the other way when it comes to his jets and other crazy shit.

>Wonder Woman doesn't care and doesn't worry about collateral damage that much
Absolutely wrong. She cares more than even Superman. Wonder Woman is all about love and compassion. She believes in the good of law and order, but thinks they are imperfect as they are. She's the ultimate ambassador.

Wonder Woman is very often misinterpreted this way by people not very familiar with her outside of crossovers. In truth she actually has the most regard for the law out of all the trinity, but only upholds it out of respect, and not belief/agreement with it.

He's mostly focused on personal gain, but he doesn't cheat or act duplicitous. He has no regard for human life, and doesn't believe in honor or friendship. What he does believe in is loyalty, and he will do his job as promised, no matter what.

easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html
For those who want to

It's based on the point of view of the protagonists (the toys), not the humans. To the humans the toys are all nothing. Sid murders toys. He is out and out their enemy and they avoid him.

>Captain America lawful good
NOPE, thats just bullshit, Chaotic good all the way
>Loki chaotic evil
NOPE, he doesn't want destroy, just conquer so...Lawful Evil?

If I try hard enough, I can see the logic at work here.
10/10

>Supes Chaotic Good

kys casual

>Prospector
>Evil

Can you run that by me again.

Let me guess, you think All-Star Superman is the definitive version of the character?

Try reading what I said here And then try reading some Superman comics that aren't OGNs.

>Ultron's plan was genocide. That's pretty chaotic evil

That's hardly Chaotic.He doesn't do it on a whim like Kekfa in FF6. He does it as a means to push humans to evolve into a high species. Ultron works with the twins, Klaw and has little rage issues. He strives to be well mannered and humane and follow in making the world better, but isn't good at it.

Sid seemed like a cool guy to me. Really creative modifying his toys, he'd make an excellent artist or toymaker. Sure, he blows them up too, but that's not evil ,just normal kid behavior. I msashed my favorite Hot wheels with a hammer because I wondered what a smashed Hotwheels looked like. Wat kids don't do dumb destructive shit when they get bored, hm? Sid seems like
Chaotic neutral to me, an uncontrollable force of both creation and destruction, God-liketype being mere toys could hardly comprehend.

>He does it as a means to push humans to evolve into a high species.

>NOPE, thats just bullshit, Chaotic good all the way
I hate when people who don't understand alignments try to pretend that they do.

>NOPE, he doesn't want destroy, just conquer so...Lawful Evil?

He tried to kill all the frost giants when he found out he was one, that's bat shit crazy murderer dude.

>Superman
>chaotic good

Do you read comics?

Well you got the evil axis right

He tried to get woody caught and was lying manipulating everyone so he could get what he wanted. He was a charlatan who did whatever he could to get his way.

>Follows his own personal morals instead of codified ethics
>Constantly sacrifices for others
>Not Chaotic Good

thats a fucking mess
you only got 2 right

Professor Layton, is that you?

>Duck not Chaotic Evil
>Seagul not Chaotic Neutral
>Owl not Neutral Evil
0/10 Start over,

>Superman
Lawful Good (He's a boyscout)
>Batman
Neutral Good (strict black and white morals)
>Wondie
Chaotic Good (she'll snap your neck)

>Constantly sacrifices for others

Thats altruism, which is NG, not CG.

>Cap is lawful good

Nah, he's chaotic good like a motherfucker. Tony is more NG