Chris Pratt describes the problem with ‘Suicide Squad’

>“I really like all the Warner Bros. movies,” Pratt said. “I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”

accessatlanta.com/news/chris-pratt-describes-the-problem-with-suicide-squad/6TGfgkdYuXb7TDfpJrEY1I/

Well gang, what do you think now that Chris Pratt has weighed in on the matter?

He started so well. He was completely right at the beginning
>one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad.
But this is retarded
>They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”
I mean, GOTG didn't make a Starlord standalone movie, or a Gamora one, or a Rocket Raccoon and any of the rest. Why would they make a trilogy about every single character in SS?

Captain Boomerang and the Rope Man would make a good trilogy. Like in the third film they could tie a rope to one end of the boomerang to bring down a bad guy!

christ you guys really are this autistic. clearly the guy is fucking joking.

when youre that much a star you're a corporate puppet and hearing that last part is a buisnessman's wet dream. Just listen to how canned and money grabbing it sounds

The problem with SS was it had a horrible story and was edited poorly. Individually i didnt have anything againstthe characters. except Croc being a stereotypical black guy. wtf.

In that case, he would be insulting the way Marvel does things which he obviously isn't you retard.

This is what really confused me about the movie. It was trying really hard to get me to care about a bunch of psychopaths. I don't know if that was to pander to normie audiences who find the idea of a repulsive protagonist too confusing or the genuine message of the film was "bad guys arent so bad". Harley helped murder a kid, Croc eats people, Boomerang would kill his mother for a bigger cut. I'm supposed to feel bad for Deadshot because he has a kid and doesn't kill women and children?

What was black about Killer Croc other than that he enjoyed watching BET? That was literally the only black thing I remember him doing.

I don't know why people keep dissing Slipknot. A Slipknot movie would be parkour kino.

Agreed, but hey still didn't need standalone movies.

I'd have watched a standalone Deadshot film. He's a pretty badass character.

Agree with this guy, a smaller scale story that didn't involve their own teammate being the antagonist like that would have been better. And the editing. Jesus fucking Christ whoever put that shit together should have a bomb shot into their neck.

The licensed songs every fucking scene that have NO connection to what's going on except for literal word lyrics about the characters and completely ruin the scenes.

Aren't there only, like, five of them? How many are in the Suicide Squad? I didn't watch it.

I feel a bit dense for not noticing this sooner. It is Chris Pratt, after all.

BASED

you are so fucking autistic if you think he's being serious. just because the guy works for marvel doesn't mean he can't make a funny remark about what the industry is doing these days.

Yes he is, its just a joke, not everyone takes jokes as personal attacks

>movie introduces some two-bit villain
>it ain't me starts playing

>shieeet shawty
>this is my hood
>"unintelligible snarling"

The problem with Suicide Squad was that they tried to give several characters their own history in the span of an hour, whereas GotG only gave history to Starlord and didn't try to flesh out the rest of the members. It treated the team as a single unit rather than a bunch of pieces. Also Suicide Squad's plot was pure fucking trash.

If I had been in charge, the only character that would have been fleshed out would have been Harley Quinn, the rest would have been introduced at the same time. The plot would have centered around Quinn in much the same way that GotG centered around Starlord. Quinn is pretty much the only character that normies went in caring about. Deadshot was still a literally who even with Will Smith playing him.

The whole premise of Enchantress being the antagonist was so stupidly handled. So they have this super powerful being under their command who could basically solo everything without the need for a team, and they somehow manage to let her out of their sight. Then, even though they have no idea what she went and did, they entrust her with a fucking bomb which she's obviously not going to use because she's the one who freed Incubus to begin with. So they start stabbing the heart and it turns out that for some random reason they can't control her anyway so the heart turns out to be useless and she starts wrecking the city. So basically, the only reason they even needed a Suicide Squad in the first place is because Waller had the stupid idea to form a Suicide Squad and this entailed recruiting a superbeing she couldn't control. Now, this could have been written in a workable way where it was all a part of Waller's plan to force there to be a need for a Suicide Squad, because that's the kind of character she is, but in the film she did not give off that impression at all. She just fucked up repeatedly and got away with it because reasons.

I went into this film hoping to enjoy it, but even setting aside the terrible editing I have no idea how a human could have written this story and thought "Yeah, this looks good. Makes sense to me."

>>"unintelligible snarling"
This is a characteristic of redneck Americans as well.

It shouldn't have been funny. Like at all. they caved to the deadpool hype.

If they actually made it dark how they were hyping it for 2 years and then breakfast clubbed some humanizing backstories in it would've been much better.

Instead we got a mishmash mess of psychos randomly doing this and that sometimes good mostly bad but we have to care cause somehow they are the good guys

>so we're like some kinda suicide squad?

they didn't add flashbacks fo every fucking character

hes right, there shouldnt be character flashbacks, just show them on screen and start developing them

I agree with you except Deadshot being a literal who,

Wasnt he one of the villains in the Arrow series? That shit was normie af

What material hyped Suicide Squad as dark? I remember that goofy-ass Joker from the very start.

Dude they hyped it as "darkest marvel movie by far" and "accidentally" leaked that the actors were all seeing therapists during production just in case and that Jared Leto was taking it too far

Suicide Squad was fine, as generic as any Marvel movie to date. You can't prove that wrong.

It was entirely predictable. However, El Diablo turning into the Aztec demon was pretty fucking dope. Other than that, its just nonstop jokes and action.

It's obviously a joke, his own movie did the exact same thing.

>"darkest marvel movie by far"
Seems like a strange thing to say about a DC movie.

That's what I meant.

DC seems so stupid sometimes. Stupid villains sometimes and they keep regurgitating Lexington Luther as a villain on so many films. Why never a braniac or a Darkseid or Lobo or even fucking Metallo would seem like a better choice.

I know, but it was a perfect opportunity.

Because Lex Luthor is a great fucking villain.

Allegedly Leto almost lost his fucking mind. He would do all sorts of disturbing shit like changing sugar for salt to mess up people's coffee.

I'm pretty sure a lot of those stories were made up by Sup Forums.

He is a great villain and I'm not saying the contrary. I just find it stupid that in so many Superman films they just keep bringing Luthor as the villain when there are so many more interesting villains they could explore. He was pivotal in all three of the older movies, then the first shitty reboot, then on BvS and even on the shitty show. Then on Man of Steel at least they brought Zod and the rest of the kryptonians but that is also treaded ground.

"Jared never broke character, so whenever I met him, I would go up to him and say 'Hi I'm Karen Fukuhara. I play Katana. And he would come up and give me the Joker laugh...," Fukuhara said."

"I met Jared Leto for the first time about three weeks ago," Smith joked. "We worked together for six months. We literally never exchanged a word that wasn't between action and cut. We didn't say, 'Hey, how you doing? Nice to meet you.' Except he sent me a pig once ... an actual pig. He went full joker for sure."

It's one of the worst movies of 2016
read the book and you'll get ayers actual version which would have been excellent

...I don't get it, why would she say that? Also, I don't think Katana and Joker ever even met in the film.

Prolly talking on the set.

I mean, why would she say the exact same thing every time she met him? Imagine if Ryan Gosling said "Hi, I'm Ryan Gosling. I play Driver." every time he talked to Carey Mulligan.

Well she didn't speak any English in the movie. Maybe that's the only thing she knew how to say in English.

Are we sure she even said it in English? Maybe she said it in Japanese and Jared Leto had no idea what she was saying so he just laughed awkwardly.

You're right. That seems more sensible than Jared Leto going insane.

you're all so fucking slow. this is why I'm embarrassed to visit this fucking board.

What do you mean?

ITT: autists unable to read obvious humor

Are you sure?

I want Chris Pratt.

I want him.

Chris.

I mean he's more or less one of the target demographics for these movies.

Extremely rich and successful people with stars on the Walk of Fame?