"It was a seven-year gap between The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a seven-year gap between Alien and Aliens,
It’s going to be obviously more like a ten-year gap between Avatar and Avatar 2. But Avatar 2 you are going to with not the promise, but the certainty of three more films beyond that, and that’s a very different concept with the audience. And a lot of the delay has been around creating that overall vision" - James Cameron

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-w8oTAsERo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one cares, he's finished. He's' wasted the last 20 years and will be entering Ridley Scott levels of incoherence with these unwanted sequels. Avatar was crap and completely been forgotten by the social audience. Without a creative force behind him like Hurd or Bigelow he's just a 62 year old SJW wrapped up in himself.

i care.

>1,288 days until Avatar 2

how many until cunnm...i mean alita

Would you, Sup Forums?

I saw Avatar in imax 3d. It was worth the price if you like things like going to the carnival

I only want to see how they divert obliteration at the hands of Earth's military.

Carnivals are flick-tier, county fairs are the true kino of community events.

too tall & too blue

Only thing I'm looking forward to about this are the plinkett reviews of these turds

Yeah probably. Not much I wouldn't do these days though, pretty lonely.

Pack it up boys, we're done here.

>betting against the back-to-back world champion king of sequels
Everyone thought Titanic was going to bomb until it came out too.

Pack up all of Sup Forums?

When will we get the Aliens crossover?

You are only partially right.
Many people may not think they care about Avatar sequels, but motherfuck, when these movies come out they are still going to be seen by many, many millions of people.

James Cameron KNOWS how to put butts in seats. To bet against him is to flirt with futility.

Personally, I'm not exactly STOKED, but I'll definitely go see part 2 to see how it goes. James Cameron has enough goodwill with me (and probably millions of others) to justify $15 for an imax ticket.

I would definitely prefer a few original sci-fi films from Cameron before he kicks the bucket, but he probably has a better story in mind this time than "Dances with Blue Cats".

If James Cameron doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, who the fuck does?

I bet she tastes good

err.. Titanic was a sequel?

Always bet on cameron baby

>a lot of the delay has been pure laziness and cashing in with avatarland nobody wants

At least it won't feel tacked on, since the first one doesn't really have a conclusion.

All the shit sequels always feel unnecessary to the story.

I can't wait to find out what mediocre movie script he's going to plagiarize next!

This sounds about right.

This franchise is most likely the nail in the coffin for Cameron's career. He had a good run, but missed the mark on Avatar due to putting too much emphasis on utilizing new tech for filming and less on the plot/characters (hence the overdone noble savage/pocohantas theme). It did set the bar for visuals at the time, but hasn't aged as well because there isn't much substance beyond the now dated visuals.

Cameron of course has a huge ego and doesn't want to let this go. He will push it and force it and end up ruining his reputation.

0/10 you're just butthurt

I miss Abatap.

10/10 you're not butthurt

>Disney has the movie on a continuous loop on their hotel cable system and put it back in theaters at Disney Springs to educate people about the land they spent all that money on.

I hope the Avatar tech is used with other alien races and not just pandorans. In fact it would be great if Avatar 2 didn't have anything to do with pandorans at all. Fuck Pandora. Use the Avatar tech for other alien races on other planets, tell a new story each movie. Make the franchise the overarching tale of how the human space empire formed.

Seriously, fuck the Na'vi, let's see Avatar tech used to drop earthers into other different alien races. Or to replace important humans for a coup. There are a million ways it could be spun.

Using the Avatar tech to interact with different alien races, and/or to spoof important humans, would make for an incredible series. I have a feeling that this is what James Cameron plans to do.

James Cameron has an entire cinematic universe on his hands. You lot aren't seeing the big picture. Avatar will be around for at least 20 more movies.

b-but muh unobtanium

I'm glad he's in jail and I hope he kills himself very soon.

>tfw james cameron might make a movie that actually tells something about universe before ridley scott

Most overrated movie ever.

More Neytiri NOW

>when your commission gets posted online

Of course I want to suck that BBC.

It would be cool if the sequels featured Eywa as a actual character in a na'vi body doing all kinds of crazy shit since she is the moon itself. Also would be maximal pottery since her na'vi form would be a avatar in the more classical sense.
And it would mean more hot na'vis

So the other 30 movies will happen accross 30 years? Avatar 5 in 2040?

lol, I've already reserved tickets for all the sequels and so has all my friends. It's gonna be a huge hit.

I think he means Aliens and T2

maybe what's taking so long is that it's really fucking hard to write a sequel to Avater that lives up to JC's standards, so he's just been brainstorming endlessly trying to find something that works.

At least that's what I hope

>Disney themed a whole part of Animal Kingdom after an almost decade old sci-fi movie that they had no involvement in as a company and hasn't even close to beginning filming a sequel

What were they smoking?

Does anyone know if it's going to to ve a narrative sequel with the same characters/same planet or are these going to be more loose? If they're completely separate and explore completely different worlds/species that's the only way I see people being interested in Avatar.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-w8oTAsERo

they wanted the money

same characters and it still takes place on pandora. It'll take place partly underwater though

But blue girls is my fetish

avatar 6 will be filmed on an actual alien planet at this point

I can't help but feel Avatar 2 is going to be one of the most disappointing things in the history of cinema.

The first Avatar was not even that great of a story. Had it not been for the marketing and the 3D gimmick nobody would have really cared.

They're going to have to up the ante in terms of marketing if they expect the same numbers, because let's face it, the film by itself isn't going to be putting people in the seats.

>This franchise is most likely the nail in the coffin for Cameron's career
>First entry in said franchise is highest-grossing film of all time

>literally using a engineering joke as a plot device
they couldn't even come up with a technobabble name for it

He's going to croak before it's finished, right?

At least Ridley Scott can still make moving pieces of cinematic art. James Cameron has been shit for the last 30 years.

Wouldn't it be funny if Star Wars are killed by the absolute madman pumping out FOUR better sci-fi flicks one after another

Who gets upset about James Cameron? The man fucking gave us Piranha 2 what more do you want.

Why is Cameron dedicating the last years of his filmmaking life to this garbage? What a sad waste

Tbqf I went to Disney last week and the Banshee ride was pretty fucking excellent.

Who really finished Avatar and said "Man I wish there was more to this!"

it's just Pocahontas in space

yes, and Spielberg will finish it

you don't watch avatar for story, you watch it for cgi

They announced it like a year after the Harry Potter land at Universal opened and started smashing attendance records left and right.

It was a desperation move to get in on this new fad of "Single IP Land" even though they could have gone right to Star Wars in the Studios then and there

It was a garbage story and everyone jumped at it because muh 3D and environmentalism.

Nobody even talks about it anymore.

Did people actually like Avatar?

Those who saw it in a cinema do. It's fun

I saw it three times at the theatre, and didn't like it all three times.

how much did it cost?

>No one cares
You do.

I saw it 8 times and liked it more every time .

The Star Wars franchise is being scuttled to make way for this space Smurf faggotry. It's going to be worse than Harry Potter.

So the Na'vi we see are the equivalent of Germanics.

When will we see nigger tier Na'vi in tge savannah of Pandora?

Also is there a white or asian intelligent Na'vi race?