This awful piece of shit designed by Le Corbusier is now considered "outstanding contribution to the Modern Movement"...

This awful piece of shit designed by Le Corbusier is now considered "outstanding contribution to the Modern Movement" by the UNESCO.

How does this make you feel Sup Forums?
Also, general degenerate architecture thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Le Corbusier wanted to make a commieblock hive out of Paris before commieblocks were a thing.

Plan Voisin.

Yeah I hate modernism.

Pic related is one of the most depressing and cringiest example of disfiguration of a city I can think of.

(the Kunsthaus, in the beautiful austrian city of Graz)

soviet style architecture looks out of places in western europe

i'm not a fan of this work

Wtf I hate concrete now

The modern component of the Royal Ontario Museum is called the Michael Lee-Chin Crystal
Architect: Daniel Libeskind
Style: Deconstructivist

that stuffs nice bud but longer cost effective and extremely time consuming and detailed. its why our architecture looks like shit

Hey at least the balconies look big

But fuck that guy with his bland ass square looking buildings

pic related was supposed to be a new paradise where people of every race and social class share their lives

>today is the biggest muslim shithole in the city, police, fire-fighter and ambulance won't come at night,

stop, is it france on pic?

It's no wonder that all his buildings in les banlieues became shitskin paradises arabs and nignogs.

You guys should follow ArchitectureMMXII on kikebook.
It reports on all this shit.

want some more, bruh?

Yea, these things are all over France.

All of my years on Sup Forums and this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Sarcelles?

Yes, my ebinous friend, it is

>mfw we made better looking panelbuildings than this retard

>Libeskind
Libeskind

Looks like a tumor.
I hate how modern architects and artists always feel the need to settle in traditional/glorious places.
Reminds me of the Jeff Koons exhibition in Versailles.

Haha is that in the bonlieu

holy shit dudes, this is literally soviet tier stuff right there
stop it

Does it actually say something?
For some reason my mind is making me see the
S/Z 235
Honestly this thing is pure genius
My brain is seeking all kinds of different numbers and letters and symbols, trying to make sense of the facade

Every large french city has its load of ugly concrete blocks aka HLM neighbourhoods/banlieues.
At first they were meant to be high-density housing for all classes as a way to try and create more cohesion and blend various communities that would not usually coexist. There were a few examples of prefects and other high-ranking local officials making a big fuss about moving into some of these.
They stayed a couple monthes, so did everyone who could afford larger and more beautiful, leaving the whole things for poor folks who can't afford suburban or peripheric individual houses, rural houses( which imply higher costs for individual transportation) or city-center appartments.

The buildings below are alright except the rightmost one. No need to be a nigger against the use of glass murals.

JUST.
WHAT.

Non, c'est a Noisy-le-Grand.

Also thank Haussmann for ensuring Paris can never have proper riots and protests again

Le Corbusier designed apartment blocks and made contributions to this trend thinking that what he builds is good for the people who will live in them when he himself lived his entire life in a rich man's house.
>t.urban planner.

Jewish as fuck

Grenoble, Villeneuve

the building that looks like UFO is actually a middle school, girls are not allowed to wear skirts (yes, it's written in the school regulation) because it offends muslim.

Autism: the building

Reminds me of my city, Brasília. Most of the famous buildings were designed by Oscar Niemeyer, a communist who was a big fan of Le Corbusier. It's a comfy city and there are some nice buildings (the Cathedral, for instance).Other building were appaling, like pic related, supposed to be the "National Museum", but failed miserably.

it looks cool as fuck, you're uncultured
your brain isnt developed enough to appreciate it kid
dope as fuck, perfect for a center of the arts
Why dont your social services do their jobs? Do they give up at the first sign of difficulty or something?
now THIS looks like a puddle of piss
funny as fuck, I get it
the modern one would look good if it was maintained correctly, the one on the left was made by slaves and kids, couldn't build it today without committing atrocities somewhere along the way

>"The building's design is similar to some of Libeskind's other works, notably the Jewish Museum in Berlin"
How did you know?

>modernism
The word you are looking for is "international style", and that was the point. It's the result of early and mid XXth century globalists and utopians (which does include Le Corbusier to some extent) who hoped that humanity could reach some form of unity, etc.
So uniformizing the cities was sort of the goal.

>UNESCO
Yet another world organisation run by leftist commie retards.

>Every large french city has its load of ugly concrete blocks aka HLM neighbourhoods/banlieues.
This.

This is basically where we put most of our niggers and muslims.

God damn it, it looks like a fucking glitch in the matrix or something. Like when graphics go fubar in a videogame.

pssh, nothin personel ked

dont pretend that it failed because of its design and not because its Brazil we're talkin about here

Philips Pavilion at the 1958 World Expositon.

Destroyed.

While he's not the über top 10 goatest of all time, Le Corbusier was a good architect for designing rich people individual caprice houses in his youth. He went full retard the day he changed to urbanism and low income housing.

Yeah, but we need beauty in our lives

I already knew he was jewish senpai.

>it looks cool as fuck, you're uncultured
No dumbass. They tore down traditional buildings to build that monstrosity.

Kek, then you have the nerve to call someone else "uncultured."

These are the ministeries, bland af but also UNESCO world heritage site.

Contrast, bruh. Koons is making the point you're implying. It's showing how detailed the traditional pieces are while his piece is pretty plain and simple in comparison.

Shit forgot pic

Tearing down expos was tragic but most buildings weren't built to last.

Burguers check the expos of Chicago, Lousiana, San Louis and San Francisco to see what I mean.

Everything Le Corbusier has touched or influenced looks like shit. Tear it all down and strike his name from history.

>uncultured
Not at argument.

It looks ugly & out of place. If I had a model city and someone put that in it I'd slap them and rip that piece of shit out.

surprising that his famous chaise didn't look like this

>Niemeyer
-"What kind of cultural center do you want, fám?"
-"Boiled egg and curly fries"
-"Say no more"

>Koons
Koons

Concrete looks cool the first day, absoulutely eysore after a decade.

>Le Corbusier was a good architect for designing rich people individual caprice houses in his youth
This. That's what he was best at, along with monuments. There is a city somewhere in southern France that was almost entirely designed by him and the church is very cleverly built so that at the time for the mass, the sun comes in and illuminates the altar and the walls in varying ways as the celebration goes on.
While some of his ideas (using a measure based on the average size of an adult man rather than meter for instance) were good, his ideas for public housing were too specific and would almost require the inhabitants some training so they can know how to live in their appartment. Too bad that's what really remains of his heritage now. That and concrete.

Maison Guiette in Antwerp.

Inscribed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.

it didnt looked so a century ago
pick related chicago

It is essentialy a big gallery, but not a "National Museum". They tried to host a large exhibit there but there were too few power outlets. Pic related is the inside.

Le Corbusier really makes me think about advancement in general...
On one hand, his creation was of good quality and solved many problems, giving modern architecture a huge boost (because it was cost effective in a period when that meant everything).

On the other hand, his ideas were quickly adapted all across the world, and obviously at a much worse and shoddy scale, culminating with shit tons of depressive decrepit blocks.

And as always, it makes me wonder - does progression actually improve life or it just causes equal problems? Could a human deny evolution on the other hand?

Anyways, modern architecture is easy to pick on and may look bad at a first glance, but keep in mind there's a lot of quality stuff revolving around it. And as always, think about context (I know Sup Forums has huge problems grasping this).

JUST

>They tore down traditional buildings to build that monstrosity.
no they didnt you stupid, stupid little fag
research before you post or stop shitposting

the fuck
looks like a cheap office in a bad neighbourhood next to railways thats been abandonded

Le Corbusier was a fucking virgin straight edge autist who thought people would enjoy his Sim City super city projects
youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU
They didn't. At all. That's why people who lived there did so much heroin.

hmm, i wonder who's behind it..

>tfw the tallest tower in the world was built in a year whereas the eiffel tower took many years

feels good

>>Niemeyer
>Niemeyer
Niemeyer

The Le Corbusier style was a strong influence on Israeli architects such as Arieh Sharon, Zev Rechter, Dov Carmi, Yosef Neufeld and Sam Barkai who emulated the clean-cut and efficient "white cities" of southern Spain, the French Riviera, southern Italy, Greece and Turkey. These architects also modeled Tel Aviv on the cities of North Africa with their cubist-like flat roofs and white walls broken up into small units.

Where is that? In Russia? Because it looks like Russia.

oh were getting mad about buildings now? christ you guys are just bizzaro sjws

Koons doesn't strike me as the "modest" and "down to earth" kind of guy.
Besides, Murakami did the same thing. As well as Jan Fabre at the Louvre (both of them had an obvious financial interest to this).

oh jeez, when was that?
why cant they just run new PVC pipes with wiring along the walls and build up the floor to run shit under the floor?

Deconstructivist is the biggest meme i've ever seen

just look at this fucking jew, he knows what he's doing

>Le Corbusier
He built this monstrosity in India, probably the worst state assembly building India has.

Yous is the only 'stan that looks good.

>dat convoluted yet Palladian Corinthian order
I came.

It's also commieblock capital of the continent, but I find it to be quite comfy tbqhwyf.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I think it's because we're more open to westerners.

Instant comfy: just add trees.

It looks kind of retarded dwarfing all the other skyscrapers like that

Instead of building luxurious science fiction crap he built functional social buildings for the masses
fuck him, right?..

It's insane how it was built in a year though

I think it's because you are really the only ones to try to add green and blue spaces. Meca looks like a literal Mordor.

Not to interject, but most of you are confusing modernism with post modernism.

Chrysler Building is Modernism.
Op's hideous piece of shit is Post Modernism.

The different ethos are reflected in the architecture:

Modernism: Truth is only achieved through the toil of creation.

Post-Modernism: Truth is relative and in the eye of the beholder (relativistic).

Almost everything you guys hate is post-modernism. Much of the stuff Sup Forums loves is modernist.

i'll never forgive the jews for this

May as well hang a $ chain from that thing if you were going for the nigger look

>Arabs will defend this shitty attempt to modernize their backwards ass country

India built this around the same time.

that look disgusting

if he didn't try, it'd have looked better

yah fuck him, raw concrete looks like absolute ass

You're correct, most modern architects followed the "form follows function" phrase.

Or the bauhaus meme "less is more"

There is literally nothing wrong with concept of commieblocks but this bad execution. Commieblocks allows to rich top heights of gentrification concept, literally modern castles of new elite in countries of plebs.

Picking utility before beauty is a sign of the decline of a civilization.

the globalists are winning, not long before pic related

postmodernism is giving the middle finger to the natural order

Oh dont get me started on KSA. It's been years since they made that clock tower, ive been to mecca recently and they still arent done with the tower.

Terminology is tricky because you know who is always trying to ruse us. I know beauty when I see it, that's enough for me.

Nope, Le Corbuisier is modernist. Post modern are those mirror buildings.