Dave Sim Offers Free 1000 pages of "Cerebus," Invites Unofficial Downloads

>Sim later explicitly states that folks unable to afford comics for "the usual reasons" need not "feel ethically guilty for downloading something you haven't paid for" in this case: "please feel COMPLETELY FREE -- and GUILT FREE -- to [download]." He only asks that readers "donate what you COMFORTABLY can" as able, even if it's years or decades later.

comicbookresources.com/article/dave-sim-offers-free-1000-pages-of-cerebus-invites-unofficial-downloads

le bump

Thanks Dave, but I already stole and read all of Cerebus the old-fashioned way. Yar har har, fiddle dee dee, it's a pirate's life for me.

Sim is so cool. He is right next to Watterson in the hall of heroes Sup Forums needs and doesn't deserve.

he's had that opinion for awhile

This

cool

Damn OP, I might just take advantage of this.

Watterson is a genius that enjoys his privacy. Sim is fucking insane.

But every library has Cerebus, High Society, and Church & State.

I need the rare stuff (Women Read Minds and Form & Void)

But those are shit, that's why no one has them

>implying Minds wasn't good

If you like needles poking you in the eye.

That's what people who don't read it say.

BASED SIM

unlike Sup Forums?

Truly

It's literally (LITERALLY (l i t e r a l l y)) about Dave poking Cerebus in the eye with a needle.

>I'm not a misogynist! Misogynists HATE all women, I just don't trust any women.

Dave Sim

Dave Sim is Right
Does it mean that Sim is a mutant?

>Minds
>bad
Holy shit

*was
He seems to be doing way better since 2012

Sim is a demon from limbo user

Yeah, I forgot about S'ym
Pretty close, though

Until he actually recants some of what he's said or acknowledges that he crossed some lines, I cannot trust that his condition is improving.

>Yeah, we shouldn't actually take away women's right to vote. Yeah, housepets aren't actually the downfall of human civilization. I was just having a hard time those days.

I mean it's a literal reference. S'ym looks like cerebus, and it's Claremont poking fun at Sim for including Charles X Claremont

Well, I agreed with you user

It's an edgy / radical opinion, but it doesn't mean that he is insane. Especially, that he can argument his position.

Also, is it true that Sim haven't masturbated since... forever

>Two years into the series, Sim took LSD for a week and a half, suffered what he described as a “nervous breakdown,” and had to be admitted to a hospital, where he was diagnosed as “borderline schizophrenic”

He's mentioned that he is LITERALLY insane

Poor Sim. I hope he got better. The thing is, his opinions didn't change, did they?

Huh.
Does this mean I'm not allowed to hate him any more?

He acknowledged that the original diagnosis of schizophrenia was correct, you really want to make him relive that bullshit?

>you really want to make him relive that bullshit?
Should I put [trigger warning]s in my demands so that nobody has to relive anything?

Oh fuck off you're the one that wants him to apologize for all the mean words he said against those poor defenseless women

Why would you hate him in the first place? Nobody should feel anything towards Dave other than Admiration and Pity.

Why are you getting angry and putting words in my mouth?

I just can't trust that he's less crazy now unless he acknowledges that he's been saying some pretty crazy stuff.

>Yeah, I was probably wrong, AIDS probably isn't a government conspiracy, okay...

Good old Dave.

>Originally referenced his misogynistic views (which the pet one is rooted in)
>putting words in your mouth
Who cares if he's crazy or not?

Can you not follow the conversation?

>Who cares if he's crazy or not?
The answer is obvious: The poster of cares enough to claim that he is less crazy now.

I am stating that I cannot trust that poster's claim unless Dave Sim acknowledges that what he was saying in the past was pretty crazy.

Follow the conversation, please.

I always felt like there was more to that joke that I never got

>donate what you COMFORTABLY can" as able, even if it's years or decades later.
Considering he requires people to sign a statement saying he's not a misogynist if they want to contact him, I wonder if he's demanding the same thing from people who wish to make donations?

Can you really trust a crazy person when you say they are not crazy anymore?

How Can Cerebus Be Real If His Eyes Aren't Real?

>wah wah davey doesn't like girls

You can dislike girls all you want but don't bleed your neurosis onto the page and interrupt your story with essays like Sim's did

That's what you should complain about, not his beliefs. Big Dave has always just minded to himself once Cerebus was done

Get a load of this faggot.

Not every thing has to be made for you, user. That's what they tell the white folks anyway.

True, which is why that story only has notoriety and is consistently listed as the jumping off point of the series and a creative low point.

I think even BKV's site offers you to pay whatever you want to download anything of his creator owned work, including nothing at all.

I'm confused, how do I get it?