Silver Age Teen Titans

Considering Titans comes out Wednesday lets read some of the start.

Pretty sure Abnett has said this is the run he's looking at for his book btw, so at least it's not Wolfman/Perez remix again

BTW these stories are fucking wacky. in the best way

Very fun, upbeat heroics. I like it. This debuted in '66. I was wondering because some of it seems very Kennedyesque positivism but there ya go

also can actually be funny, like Robin here

the fuck yeah Americaness adds to that Camelot feeling. like with a lot of 60s comics this is kinda hilarious with hindsight of the usa's history helping out other countries. at least the titans are preforming a coup

What the fuck is going on on Paradise Island?

also just accept Donna, don't think about her.

those first 3 panels are a bit of a response to the post's content about america going in thinking they know best and fucking up huh

so what's up

i've already lost a guy in my fire emblem play through, not great

(next time post the cover on your phone and do the storytime on your computer so that you can bump the thread yourself)

Thanks for running this though

i always forget to do that.

Am I the only one who finds it funny how only Wally wears pants

>they actually call him Aquababy

literal scooby doo ending

This was recently homaged in a variant. I think Allred?

Also Caveteenager

These issues are Bob Haney and Nick Cardy I'm pretty certain btw

Astute observation

i guess the blank bottom 1/2s are because DC was too cheap to put twix ads in old issues

Had two volumes of Showcase Teen Titans in high school and read the fuck out of them. They were my introduction into the Silver Age, and they did not fucking disappoint.

God damn, I can't wait for the Omnibus this November.

i'm much more excited for it after reading these issues

i just realized the protagonist of this Fire Emblem (GBA) has the same backstory as a character in a fantasy trilogy I started a while back. (Mom was a princess who abdicated with a commoner from a savage land, they raise their daughter out away from the royals, kid daughter returns to claim her place in the royal court after parents die(which honestly is kinda generic but i still feel the vibe))

Where did you find in this quality dear OP

So much about this cover I love. Telling the Titans they goofed is probably my favorite part

now that's silver age

i think i just trawled Desustorage for links. maybe libsyn?

readers!

SPEEDY!

also the Olympics this issue!

Bump