Harry Potter General

What is your opinion on Severus Snape? Was he a beta or secretly an alpha all along?

Also, general Harry Potter thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Obscurial
harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Obscurus
youtube.com/watch?v=mbC-sDMHypU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's a perpetual cuck and only a woman could have written a protagonist las pathetic as snape, not realizing she had him live a miserable unfulfilling life and still present it like he served some honorable purpose.

the love of his life, his soul mate, cucked him for a literal chad/jock that bullied him. the guy who made her best friend's life miserable, she opened her twat for his cum rather than sticking by snape who loved her unconditionally. a betrayal that made him bitter for the rest of his lonely life.

then the dumb bitch and her husband got themselves blown up, and snapes entire life was, for some odd reason, dedicated to protecting the fruit of his cucking. the living breathing reminder that life isn't fair.

he gets brutally murdered and his dying breath is used noticing the son of his rival has the same eyes as the woman he loved. one last salt in the wound.

again, only a woman could've wrote a male character this pathetic and be totally oblivious to it. snape should have just joined voldemort and been his right hand man. at least there would be some dignity in that.

Unironically my favorite character. Otherwise I find this to be the DULLEST franchise ever made.

Imagine being this fucking wrong. Snape was a dick to everyone and didn't give a shit whether people liked him or not. He also, and this is what really destroys any argument he could be a beta, has the balls to go undercover into Voldemort's crew and is so good at magic he can mentally hide his deception from Voldemort, which no one else can do, AND willingly kills Dumbledore knowing everyone will hate him forever because it's what has to be done

he was a masochist cuckold that watched over his ex-childhood love's husband's son and he also starred in easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

i never said he wasn't a powerful wizard and he is alpha throughout the series, but that doesn't mean he wasn't betrayed by his love and cucked brutally.

he doesn't care what anyone thinks because the one person he cared about ripped his heart out and used it to wipe chad potters cum off her face.

Even if he was the most powerful wizard to ever live he still got cucked by his bully and helped raise the cuck child even thought the woman he loved was dead. He is literally a nothing more than a beta cuck, there are no mental gymnastics that can flip you around this fact

>Was he a beta or secretly an alpha all along?

"No!"

Some tasty pasta you got there

>ripped his heart out and used it to wipe chad potters cum off her face
Fucking lol. But seriously, what are you guys even talking about? You cuckold someone by fucking his wife. Snape and Lily were friends, they were never in a relationship. Snape's not a cuck, Lily just didn't pick him. He didn't help raise Harry either. He might have taught him, begrudgingly, but he made his life hell literally every chance he got.

You're wasting your time. Cuck is the new buzzword all the kids use these days

he wasn't cucked by definition but lily was his best friend. now i'm not a chick, but if some dude bullied my best friend, i should stand up for him or at least hate the bully with my friend, not start blowing the guy in the room of requirement. she betrayed poor snape. she didn't have to pick him to marry or date, but did she HAVE to pick the dude who made his life shit? snape was bitter his whole life over that shit and you can tell with his attitude towards harry, and how his memory of getting bullied had him visibly shook when harry saw it.

on top of all that, his whole purpose, reluctantly or not, was basically protecting harry.

If you have access to magic how are women relevant anymore? You can reproduce magically, you can suppress your primitive drives magically, or even satisfy them magically. "Beta" and "alpha" only applies to women and magic makes them completely irrelevant.

centaur pussy

I thought he was cool/brave for doin some undercover shit into voldemort's posse. And I thought he had balls of steel when he killed dumbledore. But I thought he was a lil bitch for being an over the top ass to Harry. I understand his position, but I still felt like he was being too much of a wanker.

The thing that pissed me off the most was his death. That was the gayest shit I read in all of the harry potter books. Some fuckin bullshit. This guy hets bullied, and then his bully gets the girl he's crushing on. So then he leads a life of solitude and sadness after they get killed by an assblaster dark lord. He then proceeds to dupe the evil guy that killed the woman he had feelings for so her son by snape's bully could kill the evil guy and restore order to the world blah blah.

So you think he's going to finally get something good in his life, like a respectable death? Because that would be one of the only possibly redeeming factors left for his life story to consist of. Because he killed dumbledick so now the bad guys and good guys hate him. But no. He gets fucking WAXED by a damn snake. You gotta be kidding me. A guy who was able to (I assume) convince the most evil and one of the most powerful wizards of all time into thinking that he's one of his most trusted advisors gets blasted by a fucking snake. Lamest shit ever.

Snape is one of the ultimate examples of a bad person doing good things.

What is it about Harry Potter that always get some discussion in Sup Forums? Is it the fact some people grew up with it?

I remember it as Lily and Snape were friends for a while, and Lily didn't like James at first because he was a bully, but then some time later after Lily and Snape had a falling out, and James stopped being such a dick, they started dating. You're right that it's a shitty thing to do to someone who used to be your friend, but less so than it would be to your current best friend. Snape was definitely bitter about it but that doesn't make him a beta. His actions as an adult way outweigh taking some big Ls as a teenager

snape would have been a better character if he had long got over his romantic attachment to lily and just remembered her as what could of been and as a dear friend.

but to have him pine and never get over her? cruel.

Yeah, Snape had it rough.

screencap material right here

snape loved lily. did u even read the books tard.

The board is full of low IQ tumblrinas that get bored of their dr who and got threads
Besides capeshit and that shit this is all they watch

Snape was romantically in love with Lily. But he was just a friend to her. And he never got over that he didn't get chosen.

I grew up with it. I can't speak for what it's like to read the books for the first time as an adult, but as a kid they're fucking great and those memories color your experience reading the books when you're older. I mean, there are 8 movies and they were big deals when they came out, so it's not surprising people talk about them. Azkaban is the only one I like though.

I know that, how is what I said wrong? Go look up the definition of cuckold and report back.

he meant cuck figuratively. Honestly how do u manage to breathe and do other things at the same time

yeah and a faggot is a pile of sticks you faggot.

snape raised harry?

i don't think he's a beta, i just think his life fucking sucked and he died brutally, yet the books sorta make it seem
like he had some honorable purpose when really he got the shit end of the stick. i would've liked to see snape live and get some sort of reward for all the shit he's been through, like maybe the new headmaster position or a hot wife. or have him die but don't make him so bitter about awful grade school romance well into adulthood, i don't know

Snape... had a hard life

Figuratively means metaphorically. He wasn't speaking figuratively, he was using the wrong word out of laziness or because he doesn't understand what it actually means.
There's a difference between a new definition of a word that slowly enters into widespread use over many years and a bunch of illiterate retards on Sup Forums deciding a word means whatever they want it to mean

sounds like you speak from experience

snape would've been a less depressing character if he bullied harry's dad rather than the other way around. like maybe that's why lily stopped being his friend because he turned into a bully. harry knows snape was a cunt to his dad so he never really likes him and they have tension based on that, then ultimately he regrets throwing away his meaningful childhood friendship and redeems himself by looking out for harry in the end.

but he really had nothing beyond his teaching position, protecting harry, and carrying his flame for lily.

He isn't shown to have any other love interests, friends, family, or even a pet. He has no real interests outside of potions and cruel jokes.

>There's a difference between a new definition of a word that slowly enters into widespread use over many years and a bunch of illiterate retards on Sup Forums deciding a word means whatever they want it to mean

no there's not. it's the same exact thing. when someone says cuck on this site you know they don't always mean the dictionary definition and are using as an expression for when someone's been had. it's no different than slang, and everyone including you know what the post meant. you're just being a curmudgeon.

That would have made Snape a less complex character though. The Snape vs. James thing is interesting and people still talk about it because it twists what you would expect their relationship to be. The greasy vindictive asshole was a victim at the hands of Harry's dad, who he wants to imagine as a noble, badass, good dude, and that's what we're expecting too, but who in fact was a pretty nasty bully for a while. It shakes up your expectations and complicates your feelings about Snape and about James

user that's why it's so depressing. it's like he put all his happiness eggs in one basket and then some other guy dropped his load in it.

that's poetic, user

you're right, that's all more important to the series than making snape less sad to me. i just feel bad for the dude and wish she wrote something in those thousands of pages that could make me say "well at least snape had that"

Was it kino?

Is Harry being a manlet accurate to the books?

So Ariana Dumbledore was totally an obscurial, right?

Rowling doesnt go into detail when it comes to describing her character's appearence

movie harry never making a move on hermoine is frustrating. if he's aware ron likes her i guess he's just being a good friend, but what's his excuse for letting nevil bag luna? she was adorable and had his back multiple times. i guess in the books its not as bad because luna isn't mentioned as being particularly pretty from what i remember and ron's sister is supposed to be a 9/10 but in the movies it's just sad for harry.

You're right, I should have said he technically isn't a cuck but I get what you mean about him being emasculated by James winding up with Lily. The point I was really trying to make is that that doesn't make him a beta

Pros: talented as fuck and helped Harry kill Voldemort
Cons: asshole and cuck

He's shorter than Ron at the very least.

>letting nevil bag luna
Moviefags
>obscurial
Is that from Fantastic Beasts? Didn't watch it. What's an obscurial?

Pussy>magic. Unless you're Voldemort.

The Harry and Ginny pairing in the books is better because they spend more time with Ginny and she feels like a bigger character that she does in the movies, which she's barely in, and is dramatically outshone by Emma Watson. But really, making Harry's love interest a side character instead of Hermione, who we spend so much time with, is just fundamentally a bad idea. Just pair Ron with Luna, Ginny can get blacked by "Black Could Be Anywhere" kid

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

>h-he's a super powerful wizard
>gets cucked by chad and spends the rest of his life protecting his rival's offspring
Snape went from a mysterious character to a pathetic character, and I felt so bad reading his story in Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows that I cried.

If Harry Potter was a girl, Snape would have fucked female Harry because according to him, Harry has the same eyes as his mother.

Then he might have finally gotten over his cuck fetish.

That's how much of a cuck Snape was.

Hermione is only good for copying her notes. She's liberal, she's annoying and has small tits. I can understand why Harry doesn't want her, and I can't understand why Ron does.

According to my internet research, yes. I watched Fantastic Beasts in theaters and totally forgot about the whole obscurus thing. Hopefully the sequels are more memorable and Johnny Depp doesn't ruin them with his stupid face.

Would be a better book/movie if Lily cheated with Snape and Harry was actually his biological son.

At least Snape didn't live to see Harry name his ginger freak kid "Albus Severus" and then give some gay speech about why his son's initials are literalLy ASP(ie)

he's like an alpha in beta shoes. he lived a beta life and served a beta purpose but carried himself and approached everything in an alpha way.

It's just me or this franchise is basically "race-mixing goooooooooood, white people baaaaaaaaaad" + magic?

>Is that from Fantastic Beasts? Didn't watch it.
Yep. You should check it out if you get the chance.

>What's an obscurial?

It's the name for an young witch or wizard who, through physical or psychological abuse, is forced to suppress their magic because they associate it with trauma. This causes it to build up into an Obscurus, a dark parasitical magical force. When an Obscurial loses control, the Obscurus is released(typically at the source of torment) and causes destruction. They can be calmed down by someone they trust, though conflicting emotions can make an Obscurial switch back and forth.

Most Obscurials die before their 10th birthday, though the movie has a rare case where an Obscurial with tremendous latent power has survived much longer. The Obscurus disappears upon the death of the Obscurial, but Newt Scamander managed to keep one alive from an 8 year old Sudanese girl after she died.

The wiki goes slightly more in-depth and the film also explains them so if you want more info check there

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Obscurial

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Obscurus

I wouldn't call him pathetic, more tragic. His main goal is taking down Voldemort to avenge Lily's death and he has the courage to continually lie to evil wizard Hitler's face who's constantly magically probing his thoughts. Sounds pretty alpha to me.

The entire series was about two betas who went to Hogwarts long before the eponymous character and the two very different beta paths they took. One developed oneitis for a girl at school and beta orbited her while she dated and married the Chad who bullies him. Later she squeezes out Chad's son before they get killed by the other beta. As it turns out, his oneitis was so bad that he couldn't de-orbit himself even when his planet exploded, so he ends up dedicating his life to protecting his crush's son, Chad Junior, simultaneously resenting himself and the boy for it.

The other beta is a total social reject, an Eric/Dylan tier edgelord who cleanly beats Cho's record at Virginia Tech during the climactic final scene.

The only creative aspect of the whole plot is that it is told from the perspective of Chad Junior.

Hello newfriend

>The other beta is a total social reject
Voldemort was talented as fuck and everyone expected great things from him. Why did he actually go full edge?

He let exactly that get to his head so he sought out as much power as he could, he also drank the pure-blood kool-aid and became self-loathing of his own heritage.

He was an anti-social scumbag from the beginning.

he was neither. He was a butthurt edgelord whos life passed him by so now he tried to glue together something of worth, the effort was shacky because his personality was not all that different

He socialized well at school and everyone liked him.

"Beta" and "alpha" apply to nothing since its based on a flawed study of zoo wolves. not wanting breeding rights to your mom does not make you a loser

He is literally Sup Forums except he's smart, fit, and has at least 1 worthwhile skill.

He was a sociopath and acted

>Why did he actually go full edge?
not the guy you respond to but
Tom Riddle was SSS+ class sociopath who was unable to empathize with literally anyone and anything. from the moment he was sentient it was all about him and how special he is. the only reason he became dark lord and talked about blood supremacy is because he found out he was SUPER SPECIAL THE LAST DESCENDANT OF SLYTHERIN and THE ONLY person in centuries that can talk to snakes. If when he went to hogwarts he found out that there are many descendants of slytherin and talking to snakes is common, he would become digusted by it and refuse to use parseltongue and ignore blood supremacy crap. he would found something else that make him special and allow him to stand on top of everyone else and their corpses.

What is that horror? have some taste

There's only one pose you can do with a centaur girl. Humans>centaurs.

I don't know. I read them till my eyes burned but Im not as into it as people who still remember most irrelevant parts of it. If there was a VR game of it, I would already know most of the spells

one is all you can hope for when you are not human

>laughing_elf_guy

Voldemort was Dark Chad in school and charmed all the teachers except Dumbledore and fucked all the Slytherin bitches. He only went full edgelord after graduation

I always found Voldemort incredibly disappointing when he's finally back in full force. Chamber of secrets is my favorite and i love the flashbacks of Tom Riddle. I don't know what I was expecting Voldemort to be, but he was just so overtly villainous and evil when he showed up that it just felt kind of boring.

Centaur babies must be curious little things.

Why didn't they recast this actor in 6th movie?

>muh defense position
He was eternally salty that Dumbledore didn't trust his scheming ass, so he went full blood purity

Thats Tom at his eldest, Half-Blood Prince is younger.

He was mostly stupid as fuck, which eviscerated any sense of danger he might have had
The only scene I can get behind is when he nukes the protective shields around Hogwarts, and that kinda wrecks the strongest wand on earth so it's not even that impressive

He was the same age in Slughorn's memory. No, maybe the one in that memory was a little older.

>all the Slytherin bitches
he fucked no bitches because he had mommy issues. His mom was a rapist and a weirdo. also why only Slytherin ?
>charmed all the teachers
by being a brown nose
>He only went full edgelord after graduation
he had few murders under his belt long before graduation

>full force
youtube.com/watch?v=mbC-sDMHypU

I assumed Slytherin girls because they'd be more likely to be into his Dark Chad vibes. He wasn't just a brown nose, the teachers liked him because he was hugely talented and socially gifted. We see him being a bit of a brown nose to Slughorn when he's trying to get information out of him. Who did he kill as a student? I'm not remembering this at all.

>be into his Dark Chad vibes
oh im sure there are some gryffindor girls that like to go bad from time to time, some bookish ravenclaws that are more into romance books than technical books and some puffs that are too dumb to know any better

Not him
Some kid when he was going on a roadtrip during his time in an orphanage
Moaning Myrtle through the Bazilisk

>dominating a Gryffindor cheerleader-type, a cute nerdy Ravenclaw girl, and a Hufflepuff airhead
Yes please.

>Who did he kill as a student? I'm not remembering this at all
he had gaunts ring on when he was asking slug about horcruxes. so basically his entire muggle family.
he released basilisk that offed myrtle
he was torutring kids at orphanage and there was "accident"
most likely more that wasnt said

Moaning Myrtle, of course, duh. Do you guys think Harry ever got Moaning Myrtle to give him a ghost blowjob?

There's a reason she's called the moaning Myrtle and lives in a bathroom
She's the certified slut of the first floor

He was a beta and a spiteful asshole but he put his life at risk to protect a person he hated and safe the world from a dictator he could have very easily just joined.

At the end of the day he did literally nothing wrong and put the greater good over his personal feelings.

So was Slytherin right all along? Were they the most slept on house!

Yes