Bojack Horseman S3

I feel like they wasted Charlotte in Season 2 after the build up in Season 1--- that she could have saved Bojack from the Hollywoo life that makes him so miserable. S2 was a kick in the dick showing how self-sabotaging Bojack is and I have a feeling it'll be more of the same for S3.

S1: Tell me I'm a good person
S2: It gets easier
S3: ???

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10413448/r
strawpoll.me/10437100/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's finally going to accept that he's a peice of shit and kill himself

I think they used her perfectly, the whole point is that she could never save him from the Hollywoo life, he just convinced himself that she could despite not having seen her for decades.
But it doesn't make it hurt any less

tfw he didn't give a damn about Wanda

People are just... so damn eager to say that what came before informs what happens after.

And honestly, I think Bojack is due for more suffering and dipshittery, because that would make a compelling plotline. But I think him finding a notion of peace, if not happiness[/spoiler[ would be the most satisfying for viewers-- And, thus, due to the clickbait model, most unlikely-- scenario that's possible.

>the whole point is that she could never save him from the Hollywoo life

I disagree.

Her purpose in the story is to show that there was always an alternative to the unfulfilling life Bojack chose for himself. Bojack made a conscious decision to live and work in Hollywoo. He chose to prioritize chasing fame & fortune over the obscure simplicity of settling down with the women he loved.

She is there to act as a foil to show the audience what he COULD have had, but what he CONSCIOUSLY rejected.

A major theme of Bojack is getting what you asked for only to find that it wasn't what you wanted.

But isn't the whole point of the episode to point out that he never had the chance to really love her, that they never got that far into a relationship? He had the same kind of attraction to her that he initially did for Diane, and over the years after she moved away, he built up this fantasy life with her, where she loved him and he loved her.

I might be remembering this wrong, but did she ever actually ask him to go to Maine with her? Or did she just tell him she was moving? If she asked and he rejected then you may be right, but if she didn't then he was just fantasizing about what COULD have happened if he went with her, but that fantasy was just that, fantasy, and wasn't grounded in any real mutual feelings between them

You're misinterpreting Charlotte. Bojack and her had like three brief bump-in meetings over like 30 years, the fact that Bojack blindly latches on to the vague idea he had of her as some escape into a happy normal life just underscored how pathetic and detached from reality he is.

bojack you fucking retaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

>Her purpose in the story is to show that there was always an alternative to the unfulfilling life Bojack chose for himself. Bojack made a conscious decision to live and work in Hollywoo. He chose to prioritize chasing fame & fortune over the obscure simplicity of settling down with the women he loved.

Yeah, but he has this idea of her that she will RESCUE him from Hollywoo, which is completely off-base and unhealthy.

BoJack has no idea how the world actually works and feels hopelessly stuck in his misery, and these facts are highlighted with his idolization of Charlotte. He was in love with the IDEA of her, with the little house he wishes that he chose. He wasn't in love with the ACTUAL Charlotte, who essentially became a total stranger to him by the time they met up in Season 2.

BoJack is incredibly immature as a human being. He wants to be rescued, but Charlotte, his "last resort," told him to fuck off. He has to be the one supporting himself if he can ever live the life he wants to have. So yeah, I agree with that other user--she does not nor ever had that kind of power to save BoJack from Hollywoo.

Everything is BoJack's fault, and only he can make it right for himself. That's why that runner guy was such an important message for him--not only does it get easier, it only gets easier if YOU keep running. No one else can run for you.

S3: Penny: "Hey"

I've watched all of Bojack and all of Moral Orel. What other shows can destroy both my sides and my heart?

Season 1 ended with something hopeful on the horizon, namely the secretariat movie.

S2 showed how fucked that was.

You could also probably count Charlotte in general in that formula.

So the things that look hopeful at the end of s2 are

>Bojack's running
>the thing in New York
>His strengthened friendship with Todd

Not really. I mean, he knew her tangentially as Herb's girlfriend three decades ago. That's about it. All that shit about how she was his way out was stuff he convinced himself of, but it wasn't based in reality.

She does showcase an alternative path, though, but not like you're implying. She couldn't have saved Bojack, but she does show what he could have had if he, like her, had left the Hollywoo(d) lifestyle behind.

>Bojack's running gets cruelly twisted around and he has a heart attack.

Holy fuck, I was hoping for a Bojack thread. I'm so damn hyped for season 3. Who is your favorite character and why?

The whole point of Charlotte is that Bojack is inherently selfish and regards everything as revolving around him. He just assumed Charlotte would be exactly as he left her because he wasn't in the picture.

It's just the same with him apologizing to Herb for his own benefit.

Bojack.

He's a terrible person, but he's aware of it. He's a very interesting character.

Thanks, Satan.

Reminder that Sup Forums is full of liars.

strawpoll.me/10413448/r

Mr. Peanutbutter for sure.

We already established that must happen at the end of the season, right after the attempt finally breaks Bojack.

If I was also still an idiot 17-year-old? Sure.

But I'm not.

>implying Sup Forums would ever refuse a sexually charged 17 year old deer girl

I've seen you guys waifu worse.

I definitely don't think we're done with Charlotte's family

I can only speak for myself, but maybe it's because I relate to Bojack too much, and Bojack in that episode is the last person I ever want to imagine myself in the position of.

There's a rule 34 of the two of them, if that's your thing. I like to think I have a tolerance for such things but that one actually made me feel upset and guilty just for looking at it.

This show is always a kick in the dick. What made you think Charlotte would be different?

>Mr PB will likely cry in S3
>either Diane leaves him or Bojack breaks down in front of him
I'm not ready to listen to that voice sound so heartbroken.

I really hope Diane and Mr. PB's relationship holds up

They've shown that they're willing to respect one another and forgive each other for their failings; I don't want to see that fall apart

Mr PB has shitty helpers for his things. Probably that "Jelly" girl.

BOJACK MUST SUFFER

I'm currently watching the show for the second time and I'm amazed at how much I love Mr. Peanutbutter now, I used to hate him the first time I saw the series.

Have a better strawpoll

strawpoll.me/10437100/