REDESIGNS OR ALTERNATE DESIGNS

hey anons, I was hoping for some critique on this design of AntMan I made. Also general redesign thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l039y9FaIjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm guessing this is a redesign of scott lang?

Looks like Spider-Man, Jack

Why did you make him so generic? Couldn't you have made him look a little distinct from all the other stern black protagonist characters?

any ideas on how to make him stand out, user?

it's all right

now this...

OP here, he's actually Hank. I used various pieces of previous designs when I was designing this suit.

Have you tried giving him lighting powers?

Different user here.
Maybe you could add silver to the color scheme.

Not a fan

very funny dude, but ants aren't that shocking.

That design is really bad.
Skin color should be noted as well. The costume would work better with white/pale skin. Either give Goliath blue or switch the scheme so he's not clashing. It's almost as bad as when redheads wear too much red.
Is this supposed to be a shitty redesign thread? I'll help.

Ant Man's coolest feature is his helmet. He looks too much like Spider-Man in this.

>getting rid of the kirby dots
I thought those were pretty cool

I might just make him white or latin, would that be better.

disgusting

Isn't it supposed to be Bill Foster?

Not the guy who did the edit, but the Kirby dots were pretty inconspicuous. I didn't even realize that's what that was supposed to be until you said it.
If they were a little more obvious it could be cool.

Remember when Captain America got all old and crabby, but also stylish as fuck?

I like this, source?

Those were supposed to be Kirby dots? They don't read like them at all. Either make them smaller or have them ooze from the gauntlet

I like how they don't have notes on the underwear.

Because it's and edit, and golen parts too.

see noted, made dots smaller. this is option A

Option B, not really loving it.
>forgot to recolor the soles
FUCK!

Looks like Black Lightning. Makes sense

This is perhaps the worst redesign thread Ive seen in recent memory

Well we just had one like two days ago and I don't want to just repost the same stuff I did before

Hank Pym is white you pathetic cunt.

Oh, now I understand the dots. What was I thinking.

s-sorry user, it's late at night. People will awaken in the morning to this thread and contribute better stuff...

Just rip into my Flash up there please.

well he could be given a new body. His old one got ultroned.

Design 3 works as a great replacement for new 52, not nearly as complicated

Actually, Hank isn't a nigger so that pic can't be him.
Source: me, I'm a Pym fag and Hank doesn't need the niggerization treatment that Parker got

Isnt that every redesign thread?

When did Parker get that treatment?
I wasn't aware Pymfags were so completely and totally oblivious to every other comic.

I could see 1, 3, and 7-8 working in the MCU but the others are a wee bit to tacticool for how Disney is going. Also 7-8 would look better with 2's colorscheme

With miles you daft cunt

>niggerization of Peter
>it's a completely new character in a dying universe
Stop posting

well it could work as a AU, ever consider that. Just felt that mixing together different parts of the antman/giantman identity could work.

Remember when Iron Man was a 7ft tall German that everyone loved?

Have you considered that changing characters' races for no reason is dumb and that for doing it you are dumb?

well it was more just mixing that black guy who took over the Goliath title and hank. Sorry, Niggers have been taking white titles since the 60's you just didn't notice.

When it comes to black characters, the personality is either hood rat or stern straight man. Has nobody ever considered making an overly cheerful, campy black guy? Like Aquaman from BaTB, only black.

Looks like Reed got exposed to some Ultra Violet Rays.

that would be glorious but nobodies really tried.

I'm surprised Reed ain't sporting a wicked tans all the time, being outside fighting cosmic beings. Literally Ben... y'know is made of rock, sue can turn invisible, and I'm pretty sure Johnny is practically resistant to them

bumped

Bill Foster took the mantle of Goliath after Pym had stopped being Goliath, with his blessing. That does not by any stretch of the imagination equal drawing a nigger and calling "it" Hank Pym

Speed demon?

I tried finding what that meant and the only thing I got was Ghost Rider and this song
youtube.com/watch?v=l039y9FaIjc

A nude Flash would be a cool take on the idea, both as a play on word with flashing, and to show the toll his superspeed would have on his clothing.

Shouldn't he be wearing a wife beater?

Did you make these in some sort of crappy heromaker app?

that stings man, like honestly it just cuts deep

Well?

nah, made them myself and took inspiration from Justice League Crisis on Two earth's art style.

Do you mean you traced it?

did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, here's your (you) so just relax user

OP, make the mask silvery/white like in the movie, red antennas, make the trim the same silvery colour, ditch the glowing bits on the gloves, and maybe cover the mouth so it's like a helmet. Try that. I've spent like five minutes looking between all the different colour palettes you've done, so I don't hate it.

It just looks really stiff and traced is all.
Especially since it seems the 4 is both a different color than the rest of the white and doesn't align to his body.
Also the choppy lines.

ever heard of Giant man, that was when Hank didn't wear a hat you know. The Kirby Dots are my way of representing pym particles, and they are literally on a subtle nod to Civil war and the Wumbo screens he had on his gauntlets. I might try later though, just to make you happy.
well it's glowing for reed.

Since Scott Lang is a criminal you made him black? You racist.

Total coincidence I'm sure.

Nah, Hank Pym beats his wife so he made him black

weird, but I don't hate it. not very Peter Parker but could work for someone else, maybe a protege for Miguel

Superior Superior Iron Man

It's an edit of the design they're actually using. Imagine metal cuffs, a red belt, no boots and no trunks.

>Blue boots with a red stripe pointing up

Close.

Why is Hank a dindu?

Because he beats women

Black one is the the best. Bottom is meh, while the middle is vomit-inducing.

OK, these are pretty fucking awesome. I dig the biomechanical nature of the Scarab armors. It makes more sense, compared to what we have in the comics.

Never knew Cap's dad was a t rex

Why is Reed a wop?

don't know if this fits, but here are the TMNT as robots.

also Spider-Man by the same guy.

I say this whenever this one pops up, but the literal spider eyes are kinda dumb and the gimp mask lacing doesn't do it for me. Otherwise great design

>Dem Underarms...

is this Sup Forums?
it seems like Sup Forums

Nice.

>Give him a sly smile in the first one
>Remove the visors from 2 and 3
>On number two give him the scowl you have now with red eyes denoting that when he is small and no one can see him, he's ruthless
>On number 3 give him a big toothy smile and make his eyes blue, showing that when he is big he tries to be a role model.

it could work for an in between from Peter to Miguel, like someone who becomes spidey in the 50s or something like that

If you don't like the critiques, don't post your shit here. If you do, it's fair game, you thin skinned faggot.

For some reason I think this would work better on X-23

I thought clay animation was Sup Forums related
Brown>Yellow.
Cool for if ultron builds a fake spidey
Holy shit, that is actually amazing. 2>well I meant the actual design not my drawing skills, but thanks for the notes.
I don't think pym particles work like that, they mess with your head sure but they don't change who you are at the push of a button.

The personality thing would just be a trait or the style of the character. Like he's a guy used to doing things "the hard way" but now that he's in the public eye as a hero he feels the need to project a positive image. So when he's big and everyone can see him he acts super nice and superman-esque with "Hello, citizen" and shit but when he's small he fights super dirty.

The eyes thing is just a way of making the character visually different from other black characters by giving him changing eyes.