Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Storytime (Part 6)

Old Meme Edition!

And we all know how this match ended.

Wow, not even punching him, he's just fucking backhanding him.

Why is every inner second person dialogue od Danny so much epic in my mind? Jesus Christ.

You rarely see second person narration in comics. I think the only other time I've seen it was the original Spider-Girl.

I want you to remember these bits, Anons.

>"I'm home!"

Considering how early this is in his career, it's a bit odd that Danny refers to "home" as New York, and now K'un Lun.

Say what you will about Marvel Civilians, that priest is good people.

Hilariously, Colleen ends up showing WAY more skill with a sword than her dad ever does.

DUN DUN DUN

Danny is so pretty when Nebres draws him. He actually looks like he could be 19.

You know, considering how much background we get on Wendell Rand, we know basically nothing about Heather Rand.

I remember it being used once or twice in New Teen Titans.

I mean consistently though. In here and Spider-Girl, almost all the narration was 2nd person.

Fucking hell, and I thought I was fat.

Wow, that's fucked up.

WE GET IT, YOU'RE HISPANIC! Fucking hell, I don't think Gambit spoke french this much.

I guess, given how writing works nowadays, it doesn't fit the format anymore. I think that some pulp age comics had it, too? Damn, I love it in these comics. It's suitable to Danny, somehow. Sup Forums has a term, "genki" (which I cannot remember how to translate into English atm), and this is very genki, as is Daniel himself.

Hector, you weren't there early, but this kid put a gun to his head a little while ago. When he calms down, maybe it'll be different.

Ah yes the "Your name is May Mayday Parker, and you're the daughter of Spider-Man" whole thing until DeFalco dropped it.

Well, at least it looks like Bob got over his issues.

I could've sworn he kept it up for the entire original run.

This page is pretty. I like how the body is shadowed.

And for some reason, my scan splits this two-page spread.

>El es muy loco.
Él está Unless, this is some american accent I'm not familiar with.

It's nice to read some actually fitting Spanish. And their responses are equally adequate.

If you know literally anything about the modern White Tiger, Ava Ayala, you'll know how this ends.

Well, how the family ends.

Holy shit, Wolverine's here!

And Green Arrow!

Yu-Ti somehow looks even more evil when his hood is black instead of bright green.

Ok, it definitely may be just my imagination, but I swear this issue looks pretty in almost every page.

Isn't that a good thing, user?

Yes, yes. Indeed it is.

This is the Bronze Age, you could still make characters stereotypical as long as you treated them like people.

I guess all he needed was a good beating.

Honestly, this is not that much of a twist, given what the opening promised.

You'd be surprised how many problems that solves.

>bellbottom jumpsuit covered in sequins
That is the most 70's outfit I've ever seen.

With the belt, it kinda looks like Black Widow's catsuit.

The black and white comics have very nice shading.

By necessity, don't you think?

I mean...
No, well, yes, of course. But I mean, it's actually well done: it gives contrast and volume well enough, it makes the image clear and it's not a confusing cloud of shadows and white spots. And gradients are well applied, when they need to be applied. You're not getting a lot of rubber shining faces.

As a modest drawfag, I'm really enjoying this particular thread, more than often.

Oh, neat.

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu was primarily a Kung Fu comic. I'm skipping most of them, but half of the issues are about various martial arts and artists. People were here for the art more than the characters and the plots, so they are meant to all have particularly good art.

But I don't have an eye for such things like you do, so take my words with a grain of salt, but look in the other threads.

This guy keeps saying he didn't kill anybody, but the series never exactly said he didn't kill a guy over at

Well yeah, now it looks like an executioner's hood.

That makes sense, I guess. I can see then investing more time at drawing it, too. I did read former threads, or at least fastread throughout then. But this one, for some unknown reason, seems particularly great to me.