Movies to watch when you're so so sad and utterly defeated as an individual that you're just blank face...

Movies to watch when you're so so sad and utterly defeated as an individual that you're just blank face, choking back the horrified and irate response you have for the state of everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIFlhzdILMc
letterboxd.com/obsolete/list/tv-s-depressioncore/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Dark Knight Rises.

Kill List
Green Room
Eden Lake

All great bleakino.

A Serious Man

I can so identify with this dude's life falling apart in every conceivable way

>depressed
>want to see depressing movie

I dont get this logic

wouldnt you want to see a happy movie and not something to make you feel worse

Hello newfriend

because in a depressed state you can relate to a darker movie where as a comedy would just feel pretentious, annoying and fake as fuck.

Because depression is like an addiction. They party on their feeling of melancholy because this is atleast something to feel instead of apathy.

Apocalypse Now.

>feel sad and no desire to live
>watch lilya 4 ever
>see misery
>still feel sad maybe even less desire to live now, but appreciate how good i have it

Melancholia

Das Boot and Stalingrad (1993) are great total defeat for a wavering cause kino.

is mexico really this yellow?

Leaving Las Vegas

>not watching soul wrecking kinos to better understand your isolated/abused/socially inept state

Embrace the negative emotions my dear friend, escapism is for the weak.

Shit choices compared to the OP

Probably the only good rec so far along with Das Boot here Let me add The Ninth Gate although that doesn't really leave you with a sense of satisfaction as Sicario does but with a feeling of emptyness.

This is exactly correct. It is called catharsis.

youtube.com/watch?v=EIFlhzdILMc

> how her nigger partner repeatedly mentioned that she hasn't showered for days and keeps wearing the same clothes

man I wanted to sniff her stinky socks so bad

letterboxd.com/obsolete/list/tv-s-depressioncore/

Wow. Epic post!

I think most of you here are missing the point. OP wants to be intrigued into something that engages the instincts he has forgotten. I loved Sicario because of that and have watched it over 8 times now because of this. These films are very rare. They don't depress; they don't preach positivity - they just 'ground' you inside yourself for a while, for lack of better expression.

Meh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis

I focus on the pain
it's the only thing that's real