Iron Man Armors Discussion

I fucking love these discussions. I not a big Tony Stank fan, but Iron Man Armors always look cool as fuck

Can we please discuss us some armor?

>circle vs triangle chest piece?
>pointy vs smooth helmet?
>favorite Iron Man armor?
>favorite not Tony Stark armor? I.e. War Machine, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man
>favorite MCU armor?

posting armor in the mean time

I think i may be the only fan for the prototype SKIN Armor

Superior was pretty good
I liked it too, and honestly I'm shocked that they just went in the opposite direction of this departure.

i like armor that looks like it has proper joints
i like a nice balance of red and gold, but i don't want gold thighs.
obviously war machine is cooler than iron man though
the pointy helmet is cool but it's not iron man. it should be his evil doppelganger that has that.
i kinda like any chest piece, just the central chest light in general is cool.

War machine looks like a tank in civil war

yeah, and he even rolls like one in civil war

not to be a gigantic 90s whore but in the end, Modular wins out. it's just the best, most iconic suit. the most versatile. the chin piece is a lot better than a mouthslit. its hulkbuster matches it perfectly. it looks like he's wearing long pants, gauntlets, and a hooded caplet or aegis.. whereas most other versions look like he's wearing a singlet

Superior is perfect combo of power and accessibility.

The modular armor will always be my personal favorite.

love seeing the evolution of Iron Man's design

A lot of casuals tell me they like War Machine's armor more than Iron Man's (probably because all of the guns). You think that's why Marvel always downplays Rhodey compared to Iron Man in the movies?

Ghost doesn't get enough love

if he shows up in IM4 I'd love if they recreated the scene where Tony explains he's spent so much money on charity, reparations, and cutting his own salary that he's no longer a member of the 1%, and as such no longer Ghost's enemy

For me personally, I'd say my favorite is the Silver Centurion. This armor pretty much ushered in the new set of weapons, and abilities that later versions would have.

I think our subconscious feels better about the War Machine armor as it makes more sense to us. Stark's armor keeps getting thinner but still has this arsenal of weapons and I think there is a certain amount of that our brain kinda rejects.

The extra bulk and external weapons of the War Machine I think fits out unconscious ideas of what a robot suit looks like.

Will always have a spot in my heart for this armor

I always liked the War Machine armor in Armored Adventures.

the marvel now model 42 has a solid design, it just has a horrible black and gold color scheme. the same suit with red and gold looks so much better

Those lists are usually pretty inaccurate. For instance, the original gray one is always conflated with the gold one, while the gold one has a completely different design paradigm.

I prefer the finished one. I think I am the only one in that regard, too.

>it's just the best, most iconic suit

It never lived up to its potential, it is nothing like iconic and the Hulkbuster was two separate pieces, which means Iron Man was basically wearing a crop top.

I liked Superior. I wonder why the entire principle was done away with, instead of simply making it red and gold.

Also a nice armor we never got to see very much of.

This is the most under-rated Iron Man armor.

>Limited flight time and ammunition
>Required a 100 man support team
>Tony needed to cover himself with impact gel to wear it safely
>Tony needed nanites and surgical implants to interface with it
>The helmet can actually fit a man's head inside of it
>It took a long time to assemble and deploy
>Tony was disappointed in it's performance but had to deal with it because he couldn't just pull upgrades out of his ass

It was a flying coffin but it was a flying coffin that had a ton of thought put into it and that's what made it so cool.

Ultimate Iron Man was Patlabor to 616 Iron Man's Gundam.

Hypervelocity is my favorite Iron Man armor and also my favorite Iron Man story.

There's too much focus on how Tony puts the suit on and not what he can actually do once he's armored up.

Hypervelocity was cool because they put new spins on Tony's abilities. High speed thrust vectoring instead of just flying around in straight lines, using supercavitation to dart around underwater instead of needed a bulky diving suit, etc

I wish there was more of that.

I've always liked the Heroes Reborn Armor, something about how hideous it looks. The musculature made up of tubes, the smoke stacks on the back the. It looks like something you'd see in a nightmare.

Hydro Armor looks like it was made to sell toys

It also made for a good reason why he drank, he must have been scared out of his mind handling the g-force.

Surprised my thread didn't archive overnight

HERES MY SUNDAY BEST

And now he'll need wheels like one.

I think that's more because of the 'Curse of War Machine'.

Jim Rhodes has a curse on him, as a character. This thing in 'Civil War II' is merely the most recent manifestation of misery in a long history of consistently getting screwed over.

Ultimates 1 / 2 were the best things about the whole damn imprint.

>I wish there was more of that.

A sentiment shared by all Iron Fans.

Speaking of Armored Adventures, the Hulkbuster was absolutely great to look at

the prto-skin armor became this when finished
chest piece held a liquid metal reservoir that was all the 'gold' in the suit while the 'red' pieces were solid parts he'd put on

afaik the silver liquid metal suit is a similar, but distant cousin

I honestly don't like it, but I don't hate it? Something about the face. I also don't like the idea of "all in one" armor that can do anything at anytime

at the time Jocasta didn't have a body so Tony did her the favor of letting her get worn by him

that's how he got an Ultron STD aka the Sentient Armor

>>favorite not Tony Stark armor?

And then they ruined everything with this ugly as sin armor

Forgot pic

speaking of, MK II Beetle Armor is a classic

but i like the thickness of MK III more

Where can I get a copy of this?