What movies perfectly encapsulate the excellent time in the few years prior to 9/11?

What movies perfectly encapsulate the excellent time in the few years prior to 9/11?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCwqn61HBsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stuff like...

American Pie 2 was the same year but set before, they had no idea.

This really does sum it up. Time has also added an extra layer of irony, knowing the internet will eventually put Tom Hanks character out of business.

youtube.com/watch?v=zCwqn61HBsE

I've never actually watched She's All That. Gonna download it now.

road trip

although it was later, Eurotrip as well. It is unapologetically offensive at points in the name of humor and people never took it seriously. Something sorely lacking these days. Also showed off a lot of Europe before its recent decline.

It's kinda jarring to see how different things were pre-9/11 in terms of how teen movies and shows were like.

Popular on the former WB (a really underrated show) captures 1999 to 2001 really well.

As for movies, I'd say High Fidelity.

The New Guy
Tomcats
Scary Movie

>Tomcats
I thought I was the only one who remembers this movie.

I'd also throw in Frequency and Final Destination. Dude Where's My Car is also a given.

stop recommending scary movie. I already told you last time

>I thought I was the only one who remembers this movie.

We saw it in class like four times one year when the teacher was absent, when I was in 6th grade.

>Dude Where's My Car

This too.

In a lot of ways, Tomcats is a throwback to 80's sex comedies. If you made that 25 years earlier, nobody would've batted an eye.

And yet it's such a perfect representation of 2001 in all of it's goofy carelessness.

oh shit. I completely forgot about this movie. I loved it. I'll see if it holds up.

Me, Myself and Irene. It was like the precursor of the cucking going on today.

Came out August 24, 2001. It's like watching a timecapsule.

Dude Where's My Car

That's something that really hits home when I rewatch movies from 1998 to Summer of 2001. We can't have that laid-back feel-good shenanigans and optimism anymore.

QFT

It's amazing at how this movie was the last of the old order before September 11, 2001 happened.

Remember Me

Say It Isn't So. Also the daughter's pierced nipples were the 1st time I saw titties.

I hate the 2000~ era. Everything was flashy and cheap and uniform and super-normie. It was a laid back period but also extremely shallow.

I almost forgot about this flick. I only saw the first 15 minutes and got bored. Is it worth the watch?

The Faculty

Implying your present bitter self isn't just predisposed to seeing everything in negative light in retrospect and you were probably a lot happier during the actual period

>Implying your present bitter self isn't just predisposed to seeing everything in negative light in retrospect

Actually I see almost everything better in retrospect. Even my terrible highschool years. The early 2000's are the main exception to this because they were just so fucking stupid.

Indeed it was. It was self-absorbed and indulgent, but it also free of this SJW vs Alt Right dramafest. I'd gladly take all of the 90's and early 00's over today's crap.

Early 00's were my junior high years so I loved them. I do miss that decade a lot because I started college in 2006 and loved every minute of it.

And by extension, the soundtrack as well.

Yes it's really comfy

Sarah Michelle Gellar looked WAY hotter with her natural hair color than as a blood.

And man, I almost forgot how hot a prime Reese was.

They weren't real, they were prosthetics

LEE!
CARTER!

Can't Hardly Wait

>Can't Hardly Wait
>>Can't

God I hate Amerifats so much.

You have a problem little squirt?

CampNowhere

American Beauty