Scooby Apocalypse #2 Preview

Scooby Apocalypse #2 Preview

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Fin

Man this is so awesome!

DC with Rebirth, is giving a breath of new fresh air to the comic books, reimaging in a fantastic way, classic franchises, like Scooby!

I still have no idea why Porter is attached to Giffen+DeMatteis's hips. His art and panelling is just isn't a good fit, IMO.

Zoinks when?

I think they're making him the new Maguire? Man I hope Maguire isn't that angry with DC (not that he shouldn't be, he apparently was fired without his knowledge after they replaced him with Porter) I'd love for him to work there again.

>Good! 'Cause I'm just getting started!
I'm starting to like this Daphne.
>this whole page 10/10

Premise is okay so far, but I'm not fond of the paragraphs upon paragraphs of dialogue. Gets repetitive after a while.

She gives me the vibes of "Zombie Island" Daphne. And those are good vibes, if you are not aware of that.

>wah! why do I have to read?
Fuck off

Daphne was always best girl

Still think they should have called it Scooby Doomsday

Scooby Doom would have been enough

Shaggy is literally Oliver Queen

Yes

He looks like an absolute faggot, but that's still Shaggy.

Thought I was the only one. This and last issue was just...lots and lots of standing and talking. And, of course, that's not a death knell. But it's also 95% exposition and 5% one-liner jokes (the latter being DeMatteis's forte and a shining point here).

But this is objectively kind of a chore to get through.

Some Flintstone's Panels BC released

Heh heh, "shell phone"

>That Betty

WEW

Good to see you, Colonel Slaghoople.

Wilma was superior

>Shaggy's a hipster
why would shaggy ever care enough about his appearance to grow and maintain a handlebar mustache?

And that's it so far.
Should be out in 3 weeks

Bleeding Cool? Whatever happened to them saying that they won't leak stuff like the "Evil ScanBro"? I guess that's only true for Marvel then.

>"Bring Lotion"

> Norville
> not Rogers

I'm more weirded out by Mr. Slate having an upper body.

Was thinking just that as I opened the thread.

has it released yet?

>buff mr slate will never remind you to bring lotion

hey what gives. How did Rich get an advanced copy? And what happened to not leaking poppycock?

Norville is his first name. Shaggy's real name is Norville Rogers.

Didn't realize I was waiting for her to say that till now. That felt pretty refreshing actually.

Holy shit

Ah fuck, I am totally hyped for this comic.

This.

They've promised to have him shave at the first sign of flagging sales, though, so I hope they're honest on that.

Oliver Queen Shaggy just doesn't stop being hilarious.

Now I really want the Slag Brothers from Wacky Race Land to be time displaced from Flinstones era due to Future Quest portal shenanigans.

I fell in love with the mustache when he twirled it while trying to flirt with Velma.

>BAYYYYTOOORRRRR!

Anyone willing to storytime the first issue, havn't gotten around to reading it yet

Sure.

Thanks man

Everyone in this so far is built as fuck. Which makes sense because everything is ROCKS.

I kinda like that idea. Everyone being ripped to the max.

>Mark Russell only has one voice
Welp

Well, they are cavemen, yeah

>suddenly, undersea horrors

Noy Jitat! This is getting interesting.

Fin, til tomorrow.
Much like in real life, Scooby Doo seems to be pulling ahead of the other HB properties in reaching the first second issue.

>Well, for a start, I realized the fi... the four

Oh Velma, what did you do this time.

It's weird reading this in their voices.

You can see what she did in the prologue of the first issue, she not only helped to develop the nanites, she personally infected Paris.

Scooby-Dum, what did they do to you?

You know the penciler/inker is doing an uncanny job of aping some of the expressions from some earlier Giffen & DeMatteis work,

I guess that's because Giffen was doing the Breakdowns as well.

That's clearly Dynomutt
Scooby-Dum is in the backup story

Given this kind of dialogue and the fact that you can see Fred and Velma in the "When Shaggy met Scooby" flashback from #1, there's literally no way the main cast aren't The Four.

It's the better name, but the more I say Scooby Apocalypse out loud when talking about it, the more it grows on me.

I love the HB titles so far, but I'm kind of worried about Flintstones. It doesn't look like it has something to stand out from the other titles.

heh

Is Future Quest good enough to be worth reading if you never watched the shows? I was only into Scooby and Flintstones as a kid. I caught bits and pieces of many of the others, but don't remember them clearly.

Wait for issue 2 to come out. Issue 1 is great but is almost nothing but set up, and it looks like issue 2 will start the action.

But yeah, it's easy enough to follow. I only knew Space Ghost and Birdman from their Adult Swim shows and only knew Johnny Quest from an episode or two I watched as a kid and it made perfect sense, outside of the very beginning which was supposed to be strange.

It seems like it'll be almost a straight sitcom. Stands out as one of very few slice of life comics from a major publisher.

Bamp

Huh, I just clicked one image out of morbid curiosity and read the whole damned thing. Its pretty bad assed. Just stating up collecting, again, I might put this in my box at the store.

Wait a minute... Is that Mr. Slate? Only he got fucking swole?!

Oh look, a candidate for best page of the year.

Storytime: