Let's be honest for once

Let's be honest for once.
BvS sucked ass, anyone denying that is an underage shitposter and probably a closet redditor aswell.
HOWEVER, was is *really* Snyder's fault ? Here is what I believe happened :
Zack Snyder is more of a Randian type of guy, which is fine in itself, I mean you do you ; not everyone in Hollywood has to be a communist, right ?
So what he was trying to do in BvS was having a clash between conformist, big-brother soldier Superman AND objectivist Ayn Rand lover Batman (and have Batman win because he likes the character more)
BUT the producers basically told him to fuck off because that would have a bad impact on the Superman franchise, damaging future opportunities to make money off of the character.
As a result, Superman ends up being a total mess, which creates a clusterfuck of a movie
that and jesse eisenberg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r47B-p1WThY
desuarchive.org/_/search/tripcode/!NBPV.eUrhg /
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/areyoubattingme.png/
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1469443592016/
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1467384433882/
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/ Disney shill evans spammer/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1490478481899/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zack Snyder is a edgy 14yo trapped in the body of a 50 year old man who's lofty ambitions clearly outmatch his intellectual and directorial "capabilities"

BvS is an underrated masterpiece.

When did pleb posting become a thing?

they hired zack snyder to basically copy what nolan did with his batman movies

zack snyder has no idea what hes doing, much less what nolan was doing.

>BvS sucked ass

the theatrical release, but the director's cut did not.

>HOWEVER, was is *really* Snyder's fault ?

not at all. WB wanted to catch up to MCU but wanted it done as quick as possible. They want to end their capeshit universe almost as the same time as Marvel does. So instead of releasing MoS 2 AND THEN creating BvS, they skipped MoS2 and went straight to BvS injecting WW and the stupid email introductions of the other JL members. There was so much shit to be done in BvS it came out as a complete clusterfuck since it was basically compressing all the things to be done to get to Justice League movie.

I really want to see Snyder's 5 or 6 hour BvS movie. I bet it had a complete story of all the things he wanted to tell instead of the gutted version that we see today.

what was edgy about bvs? name 3 examples other than batman """killing""""

>they hired zack snyder to basically copy what nolan did with his batman movies
BvS is nothing like Nolan's Batman movies.

>I really want to see Snyder's 5 or 6 hour BvS movie
I too desire this.

I enjoyed it. I'm not underage or a redditor. It's not as bad as you'd like to make it out to be.

the movie was ok. had its moments

Hence the second line of

>BvS is nothing like Nolan's Batman movies.

Right it's utter shit

>name 3 (three) examples of BvS having plotholes
>name 3 (three) examples of BvS having shit editing
>name 3 (three) examples of BvS having pseudodeep symbolism
>name 3 (three) examples of BvS making Jesus references

I can name 3 (three) references of DCucks being delusional retards

Did not like this movie, but I liked what Zack "the hack" Snyder was trying to do. I appreciate the approach of trying to take superheroes seriously while retaining comic accurate aspects like the costumes and silly origins. Like a comic, it fundamentally accepts that the material is silly but is trying to craft something thematic and dramatic with interesting visuals around that. I like Marvel Studios films but they're more middle of the road in this aspect. Fox takes the material seriously but leaves out the costumes, silly aspects, and such. Hopefully Zack makes a good movie or inspires other directors to take this approach. I dont think the super realistic idea works though because as Snyder said himself, there comes a point where two costumed characters being super angry at each other just comes off as silly.

Agree/disagree?

>Let's be honest for once.
lmao
>BvS sucked ass, anyone denying that is an underage shitposter and probably a closet redditor aswell.
hell no
>HOWEVER, was is *really* Snyder's fault ? Here is what I believe happened :
>Zack Snyder is more of a Randian type of guy, which is fine in itself, I mean you do you ; not everyone in Hollywood has to be a communist, right ?
He's christian, not an Objectivist.
>So what he was trying to do in BvS was having a clash between conformist, big-brother soldier Superman AND objectivist Ayn Rand lover Batman (and have Batman win because he likes the character more)
Neither batman nor superman are the kind of characters Ayn Rand would like. Snyder's a Christian and the movie has moral objectivity and strong characters. And neither Superman nor Batman are conformists (or government agents) and batman didn't win because "Snyder likes him more" (also need source on that, which you probably don't have, because 90% of your "argument" is rationalizations).
>BUT the producers basically told him to fuck off because that would have a bad impact on the Superman franchise, damaging future opportunities to make money off of the character.
>told him to fuck off
Fuck no, MoS was literally a movie about Objectivity in morality.
>As a result, Superman ends up being a total mess, which creates a clusterfuck of a movie
>t. someone who didn't watch (or understand) the movie

>that and jesse eisenberg
nice explanation

Literally not an argument.

this

lol what a pleb

>Let's be honest for once.
>BvS sucked ass, anyone denying that is an underage shitposter and probably a closet redditor aswell.
>do i fit in yet guiz xDXD
You have to go back redditor

youtube.com/watch?v=r47B-p1WThY
this scene is literally perfect.

>Zack Snyder is more of a Randian type of guy
And his only original film is about sacrificing yourself for others?

Another glaring problem with Zack Snyder's direction. If you listen to his commentary for Watchmen, changes he made from the comic were because in his own words they "look cool". There's no thematic reason behind the day of the dead scenery other than it looks cool.

Marvelcucks are acting up because they're beginning to realize nobody gives a shit about Iron Man 4: Homecoming

Yeah I can tell that Superman was made almost intentionally weak, via the plot. He seemed irrational and erratic, his decisions making and actions, everything seemed misjudged, but at the same time hypercharged with patriotism and valour.

I think Snyder had plenty do with it sucking, but it definitely stems from the fact that Snyder wanted to make Superman look both strong and weak, and had no way of doing it without accidentally pissing someone off.

>from the comic
opinion discarded. fuck off

Sure if you're a paki from twitter

Watchmen isn't a good comic? Zack Snyder made the movie out of deep respect for it.

Or even a swedish snitch that spams "pajeet" whilst actually being an anti-trump shitskin lmao

You're wrong, because Snyder fought to keep the squid shit in, but while the script writer had to convince him together with the studio heads.

Another thread that credits Snyder for Terrio's vision

I mean more superficial thinks like the assassination attempt on viedt being much more graphic and actiony than the comic version. At least in the ultimate cut, a bystander's hand gets completely blown off. The lack of the squid feeds into the fear of Doctor Manhattan so its a warranted change in that it at least had meaning behind it.

>Yeah I can tell that Superman was made almost intentionally weak, via the plot. He seemed irrational and erratic, his decisions making and actions,
Guy finds his alien ship and meets the hologram of his father (who might as well be real) and then goes home and discovers that someone knows his secret and has the planet as a bounty on his head and then has to develop his abilities and fight several of his own people and foil their attempts to terraform the earth via gravitational beams while saving his mother and Lois and at the same time dealing with what this would do to him and keeping his morals.

And then all the backlash from the government.

And you cite his poor decisions>

This whole DCCU is a mistake. They're trying to do what Marvel did but Marvel have over 10 years on them, and Marvels movies are (from overall reception) of better quality and the characters are more likable.

When Man of Steel came out and Nolan was involved I thought it was part of the Nolanverse, so I gave it a chance, and it turned out it was just a monster movie dressed in spandex.

It was too soon to bring back Batman as well, especially on the big screen and especially when Dark Knight is still popular. Ben Affleck didn't do it justice in comparison.

And then there's the fuck ups on the small screen. They couldn't use Batman (which would have been a much better place to reboot) so they used Green Arrow. And then put it on CW. And then watched as it rapidly descended into becoming Ollie and friends the soap opera.

They should have used the blue ocean strategy instead of trying to copycat Marvel. They dun goofed.

Oh and BvS is just a piss poor version of Dark Knight Returns, which they should have actually just made a live action version of (with adjustments obviously) and it would have been a much better film.

Snyder is an competent director, actually he did the best he could do with the material what was given to him, BvS is one of the most beautiful looking visual stunning movies out there, but you can't solve a bad script with directing, a good script is everything, a good script can save a bad directed movie, but a good directing can't save a bad script.

>Marvels movies are (from overall reception) of better quality
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They are though. They've done better financially. And normies love the avengers. Hence overall reception. I'm not being a fedora tipping kino cunt here. I'm talking OVERALL.

In this business the only thing that matters is what the normies like.

>They've done better financially. And normies love the avengers. Hence overall receptio
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

It wasn't a bad script, though.

>In this business the only thing that matters is what the normies like.
for you

You are wrong. He is right. Marvel is the most trusted studio there is right now. Like Pixar was in their heyday.

>He
you mean you, lmao

All superhero movies suck ass.
You faggots arguing which generic cliche plot is better than the other is the most insufferable thing on Sup Forums.
They are all bad.
Stop defending these entry-level films.
Go download a Bergman film and realize that all this time you've spent defending capeshit has been a waste

Snyder is a fucking hack, I'm glad his daughter killed herself. I hope he suffers a lot knowing that it's all his fault.

BvS didn't suck ass. If you want a place to circlejerk where everyone will agree with you, go to reddit yourself.

kinomatographic masterpiece

/thread

if the word 'cinematic' is owned by someone, they should sue.

vs this

Their star is fading. The had a lot of good will, but they've already cashed most of it in with empty vehicles of films that don't forward their saga or even do all that much to expand or change the characters.

Phase One contains about 90% of their best films.

Enough about Marvel, though. Anyone who watches BvS and calls it a bad cape movie should go watch Friday the 13th and judge it through the lens of a romantic comedy. In other words, stop demanding things conform to your preconceptions. BvS transcends the cape genre. I guarantee your reply will prove everything I just said.

Sup reddit tourist pretending to be a Sup Forums local?

Sup reddit tourist pretending to be a Sup Forums local?

You tell me, disgusting and vile fucking Sup Forums cross posting cancer
desuarchive.org/_/search/tripcode/!NBPV.eUrhg /

What metters is my comment and not the fact that I commented.

Do you actually have a point or are you just going to be an autist?

>posts on /qa/ too
You make me fucking sick you inauthentic trash man. I wouldn't doubt for a second you post on Sup Forums, /vg/ or even both too

I don't play vidya

>/qa/, capeshit, Sup Forums
And now this? archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/areyoubattingme.png/
Theres no way you don't

>>/qa/, capeshit, Sup Forums

So? I don't play vidya, it's a waste of time.

>And now this? archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/areyoubattingme.png/

Elaborate?

how autistic can one poster be

no wonder you save reddit infographics

Oh god you really are a pajeet
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1469443592016/

It's me.

>some other guy uses the same image

>somehow I'm that guy

wut

>i-i-ts just a coincidence user
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1467384433882/

This Marvel Pajeet is suicidal after We Wuz Kangz embarrassing Marvel.

see

See

>the theatrical release, but the director's cut did not.
The director's cut elaborated on a few things, but didn't really change all that much in the grand scheme of things. People who disliked Batman v Superman aren't going to suddenly like it because of it.

fpbp

/thread

People who shill Marvelshit all day on Sup Forums aren't going to change their opinions no matter what. Why are you wasting our time?

Who's talking about Marv-
>Marvel Pajeet

Oh, False Flag user. Okay, that explains a lot.

Do you even know the meaning of the word false flag you inbred Marvel drone? You are wasting everyone's time pretending you are here for any other reason but to damage control Black Panther's embarrassing trailer.

>false flag
He's just a self hating pajeet like the trip
I've been to india(or just new poophi at least) and I can see why they hate themselves. It's a fucking shithole full of bums and cows walking everywhere

He's False Flag user because he seems to think literally everyone on the board are Disney shills, including DC fans, and just screams false flag at everyone.

>Marvel drone
Do you have brain damage? I loved BvS

BvS didnt exactly have the most inspired group shot of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. My favorite team shot is when everyone finally reunites in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Aside from the first Avengers, they did this team shot which hilariously couldnt even fit all the characters in one shot (you can see Hawkguys arm sticking out on the right kek)

>I loved BvS
>BUT HERE'S WHY IT'S GARBAGE AND MARVEL IS BETTER IN EVERY WAY

Yeah, you're totally not a false flagging paki piece of shit
And you fuck off too false flagger. Pajeets false flagging each other is fucking pathetic

Sort of, I think it's already been done successfully with 2003 Hulk and the original spider man trilogy as far as them having silly costumes but playing it straight. I see the mcu as the opposite end of dc where they have to be self aware of the "silly" source material and instead of trying to make something more out of it they need to take constant jabs at itself at how stupid and childish comics are and have their movies be comedies with a touch irony. I personally enjoyed bvs but yeah his approach didn't work as good as it should and I hope other directors build on top of that make something of it.

Name me a better Marvel movie

user, not everyone is false flaggers. I don't even think you know what the word actually means at this point.

Don't you have cows to be fucking paki? Or the mouse not let you do that firing work hours?

>Superman ends up being a total mess
This was already the case in MoS.

Well theres a way to do that correctly, in Wonder Woman they play the origin of clay straight and make appropriate jokes about that not making logical sense without actually making fun OF it. Marvel got better though, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was great and Ant-Man accepts the mantle without calling it stupid or anything. Hulk was flawed but good, and I dont blame them for doing so but it kinda ignored how ridiculously fucking weird and insane the comics are with Bruce's mental illness. The fact that the movie was about that though was admirable. Also they managed to take Vision seriously, which was impressive to me at least.

Spider-Man is great though no one will disagree that. I await the day there's a Spider-Man movie that gets into the weirder plots instead of the more basic duel identity social life conflicts. My favorite scene from the first one is where Spidey is on the roof and has a heart to heart with Green Goblin.

aaaah im rambling like an autist, thanks for hearing me out.

bvs was god tier up to the batman vs superman fight conclusion included. The rest is run of the mill super hero stuff

People hating Superman.
Superman doubting if he should save people.
Superman's mom saying maybe he shouldn't.
WW giving up on mankind.
Batman branding people he captures so they get wrecked in prison.
Batman actually trying to kill Superman the first time they've met.
Dead Robin before we even know any of the Bat family.

No, Snyder tried to interpret a scene from Frank Miller's "the dark knight returns" and made it a mess of a movie

>So what he was trying to do in BvS was having a clash between conformist, big-brother soldier Superman AND objectivist Ayn Rand lover Batman (and have Batman win because he likes the character more)

Nah, Batman was obviously treated as a villain who had to see the error of his ways before he could be seen as a hero.

Batman v Superman is a movie that represents how american capitalism, as represented by Jesse Eisenberg is inevitably gonna lead into fascism. We see Luthor, an evil businessman who, of course, hates an "illegal alien" manipulating Batman, a vigilante obsessed with justice, but really living out a revenge fantasy, into attempting to murder Superman, as previously mentioned an immigrant but yet one of Americas biggest cultural icons, that itself a comment on how America was shaped by immigrants.

In his madness and his anger Lex also unleashes an uncontrollable monster called Doomsday to kill Superman. Batman, here representing the american idea of justice, the kind of justice that is carried out by brave men who act independently from government and capital, eventually turns around and realizes that the true enemy is not Superman, the immigrant, but Lex Luthor, the evil oligarch dividing society.

It really is amazing how you guys keep showing up to hate this movie. Day in, day out, week in, week out. Yep, that's totally not suspicious behavior in any way.

I hate a lot of movies. I don't make threads about them every day. I save that for films I actually enjoy. I enjoy this film, so consider your hate thread hijacked.

>I'm an autist

Yeah, totally not a Disney paid false flagger trying to make us real DC fans look bad.

Thanks, india

I like this scene more than anything I remember from Batman v Superman. :^)

I make threads bashing on both Marvel and DC movies. Sup Forums is infamously easy to trigger.

nice try Warnershill. Didnt Wonder Woman make enough money for you guys?

>n-no you're the shill

Ok pajeet . Go false flag somewhere else

>In his madness and his anger Lex also unleashes an uncontrollable monster called Doomsday to kill Superman. Batman, here representing the american idea of justice, the kind of justice that is carried out by brave men who act independently from government and capital, eventually turns around and realizes that the true enemy is not Superman, the immigrant, but Lex Luthor, the evil oligarch dividing society.
Yeah, I thought the movie had some good ideas but it was poorly done. It never balanced action and exposition very well, it had a lot of shit getting in the way of the story (most obviously, the "knightmare" scene that completely fucks up the pace and has jack shit to do with the actual movie), too much slow-mo posturing and a lack of characterization that could make us empathize a bit more with the characters.
I think it boils down to Snyder not really being able to tell a story visually. All he can do is symbolism through reference to pre-existing works of art. That can look well in a commercial, or a music video, but you can't build a whole movie around that.
He certainly can't direct actors.

This is literally what a shill would say. Your cover isnt going to work on me.

Run with this one and see where it takes you:

Until the East does a better job of defining who it is and what it stands for and until the West stops chasing vengeance and does a better job of paying attention to what *is* being said, the ultra-rich elite will continue playing to the fears of both, selling one side xenophobia and paranoia and the other side fears of persecution and shorthand "justice," all while standing waist-deep in oil making deals with the *real* devils.

>He certainly can't direct actors.
He really can't

the standoff when they're on the roof in dawn of the dead is hilariously terrible, but that also might have to do with polley being a shit actress

It's a set number of Marvel drones doing these threads on daily routine. Our mods are too dumb to pick it up.

I doubt Gadot is a great actress but Jenkins managed to get a pretty good performance out of her.
A good director can make a shit actor be at least adequate enough.

kek how pathetic
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/ Disney shill evans spammer/

Wow five whole times? In the mind of Marvel drone five is more than the hundreds of times the same filenames of Evans faces have been spammed over the span of years. You mentally ill fuck.

The mods really need to make you paki fucks leave, holy shit. We don't need you Disney idiots constant false flagging.

God how utterly fucking pathetic
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1490478481899/