Doctor strange hype thread

What are your thoughts on this movie? It won't be as good as deadpool and apocalypse or UC bvs and skwad, but it will be far better than Civil War desu senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

mightygodking.com/category/comics/i-should-write-dr-strange/page/4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Falseflagging

It'll be another quipfest. I'm willing to bet 50 on that

>
Kill yourself. This movie will be good, and there's nothing you can do to make it bad.

>buzzwords
Its okay buddy. One day you'll even have thoughts of your own

t. Gisnep intern

>not knowing Marvel's formula by now

smdh

>Marvel's formula
Making good capeshit?

Enjoy you cookie cutter movies made for children

>superhero movies
>not inherently for children

Poor 1.jpg
Don't worry, it's going to be another success, will make more than X-Men Apocalypse and Suicide Watch.

Fine I'll be the guy to do it.
The problem with Snyders DC movies is that they are not made with children in mind at all.

No, Snyder's movies aren't made for anyone at all.

It's gonna be Ant-Man tier. Alright movie who's fun to watch but forgettable two days after viewing.

What I'm curious about is that they will surely put a cameo from a character we know to properly introduce Strange to the MCU (like they did with Ant-Man). I'm wondering who it's gonna be and how they will do it.

Wanda?

>The Doctor Strange movie is Spider-Man Fever
They wouldn't have such a potent defense force if they were made for no one. There are things I like about them.

They have such a potent defense force because they have DC characters in them.

As a general DC fan, I'm not on the defense force. I see the NOT MUH side being a lot larger and louder then the defenders.

Also who is Mads Mikkelsen playing?

Bad guy, according to some leaks, he's a student who thinks Strange is full of shit and goes full retard.

That's pretty contradictory to what Feige has said:

>Marvel Studios president and Doctor Strange producer Kevin Feige elaborates further. “We will take audiences through sort of a guide to the multiverse, other dimensions, and there are amazing things out there — wonders that are going to be hopefully visually extremely interesting and unique to this movie,” he says. “But there are also very scary things in these other dimensions.” According to Feige, is the job of sorcerers like Strange and The Ancient One, played by Tilda Swinton, to protect humanity from such “scary things.”

>So, where does Mikkelsen’s antagonist fit in, exactly? “Mads’ character is a sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect,” says the Marvel Studios boss. “[He] believes that the Ancient One is just protecting her own power base and that the world may be better off if we were to allow some of these other things through.”

>Although Broussard and Feige are happy to talk about the nature of Mikkelsen’s role, they are not, at present, revealing the actual name of his character. “I’ve seen lots of names thrown around,” says Broussard. “No one has quite picked the name that we’ve chosen for him. It would be fun to conceal that, if we can.”

They just take their subject matter seriously, which apparently adults are unable to do because they can't get past the costumes.

Of the things wrong with BvS, tone is not one of them.

Man, you remember the GotG hype threads? Those were some good hype threads. As a Dr. Strange fan, I'm a little sad Sup Forums can't seem to muster the same enthusiasm for him.

After reading Christopher Bird's articles on Strange, I'm very hype. Hopefully, they go full magic.

We only have one thrailer that barely shows anything, and we couldn't get anything from set pics aside from how characters look.
There's just not much to talk about.

Hopefully we get a second trailer in August or something when they have more effects work done. That said, I remember the GotG hype being off the scale after trailer #1.

Bird's articles got me into Strange. They're the fucking best.

Weren't they going to show another trailer at Comicon?

>I remember the GotG hype being off the scale after trailer #1
Yeah, it was the first ''literally-what'' movie the MCU made.
Now we are at a point were a Black Panther or Captain Marvel movie is not strange at all.

Being for children doesn't not mean injection of humor.
The tone for Superman is definitely wrong. But it seems Zack doesn't like using him all that much in the first place.

I don't like the design for Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One. It feels like they're trying to understate that the character is female here. This. GOTG was "I can't believe this" and Doctor Strange is kind of a natural progression for the franchise.

They probably will show new footage at Comicon, but I'm betting it'll be con exclusive and not released to the public. At most we'll get a leak, if we're really lucky.

Link?

How's it a natural progression?

Not natural progression, but now Marvel is confident enough to make movies about less known heroes.

Well Strange is kind of a very necessary piece of the Infinity Gauntlet story. Which is Avengers 3.

This is #1, just go back through the pages:

>mightygodking.com/category/comics/i-should-write-dr-strange/page/4/

The series of articles is framed as a pitch for writing a Dr. Strange series, but the real purpose is to break down how and why that character and his setting works.

He's not THAT necessary. In the IG comics he mainly just teleported people around. They could find ways around that if they wanted to, or have some other character handle the transportation.

>I don't like the design for Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One. It feels like they're trying to understate that the character is female here.
Actually Marvel deliberately made it clear that they are aiming for androgyny. She isn't really human anyway.

It gave me a completely better view on the character. Heck, it's sort of revitalized my creative juices.

I especially like the more subtle,Eldritch villains he had (like the Invisible prison).

I find that weird. Wasn't the Ancient One always human in the comics? He's just the latest Sorcerer Supreme.

He also does a great job breathing some fresh life into the classic villains. I love the way he frames the Gorathian cultists as being this omnipresent but low level threat that always has the potential to metastasize into something far more dangerous. Provides an excellent way to keep Shuma around as a threat without needing him to show up personally and provides another constant problem Strange has to keep a lid on, illustrating the way he's torn in a thousand directions at once by his duties.

Dr. Strange, as written by Christopher, sounds like a man who never gets a break.

I dunno, Bird wrote some great bits about how Strange decompresses. Like sneaking into Mets games in his astral form.

Noone cares about Buttfuck Cumsnatch anymore, and whitewashing shit isn't gonna help the movie either (couldn't they have made Ancient One played by a Mongolian actor? Mongolians are mostly Tibetan Buddhists so Tibetans wouldn't mind too much, while China has no beef with Mongolia? Or fuck, make him Chinese, even?)

It's gonna be Marvel's first flop in the MCU, I know literally noone excited about this movie - worse, even Dr Strange fans are worried, and normally MCU was riding on fan hype machine as free marketing, to a big degree.

There's not been enough marketing for Dr. Strange yet.

Still, I remember when Antman was widely considered a sure flop. So, there's hope yet.

>this post

Topkek

No one's hyped yet because the Disney marketing machine hasn't started rolling as of now. They'll probably start after the release of Suicide Squad to take away the audience from DC.

They'll take a break after that and start again one month before the movie releases. Come October, you're going to see all billboards and day care centres sporting posters of Cucumbersnatch

This is a very unique level of trolling and/or falseflagging. I'm impressed

>couldn't they have made Ancient One played by a Mongolian actor? Mongolians are mostly Tibetan Buddhists so Tibetans wouldn't mind too much, while China has no beef with Mongolia? Or fuck, make him Chinese, even?
There would be ramifications to make the Ancient one a Tibetan, but making the Ancient one a NON-Tibetan Asian would be just as bad, as that implies that all Asians are the same. And Asians hate that. Going White is the best of a bad situation.

>It's gonna be Marvel's first flop in the MCU, I know literally noone excited about this movie - worse, even Dr Strange fans are worried, and normally MCU was riding on fan hype machine as free marketing, to a big degree.
It's funny as I remember seeing this exact post when it came to Civil War.

Especially the "why aren't they marketing it more? Nobody cares, clearly"

I legitimately expect it to be the best capeshit of the year, possibly even the fabled capekino.

As opposed to for manchildren.

Doctor Druid.

Marvel Cosmic experienced a massive renaissance in the comics less than 10 years ago.
Marvel Mystic has been stone dead for 20.

IIRC he literally revives a few people.

>It's funny as I remember seeing this exact post when it came to Civil War.
And Ant-Man. And Guardians of the Galaxy. And Thor 2.

>No real magic
>Quip quip quip
>Black sidekick
the only good thing about the movie is that a white person took up a chink's role

I don't recall that part. He retrieves Hulk and a few others after the first big battle fails, but only because Thanos didn't actually kill them, just threw them through portals and the like.

You know what.
I'm starting to think that the first flop in the MCU is only going to happen when a movie doesn't get single "first flop in the MCU" post by salty Sup Forumsfags.
Meme magic's learnt reverse psychology.

Thor senpai.

I forget what happened to Thor. Was he the one that got turned to crystal and then smashed?

>people think this movie can fail

Something along those lines yeah.
Strange fixed him up.

KINO
I
N
O

> implying actors aren't at the mercy of the script and the director

Just look at Waltz in Spectre.

Good actors do not mean good movies. You need to stop with this meme. Thor had Hopkins and Elba and was a massive piece of shit.

>Elba
dude is a tv actor

>M,ads is in Dr. Strange and Rogue One
Who's the husbandofag working at Disney.

>characters made originally dor children
>complain about making movies for children with that characters

So is Kevin Spacey now and (once again) so is Patrick Stewart. Get your 1970s conceptions out of here grandpa.

>Ant-Man tier
So top notch tier? I agree ant man was in the top 3 marvel movies ever made

Not really. He was a place holder for the gods just to allow the next sorcerer supreme

I hate to use the meme no i don't but I really do think this will be the kino-est of the recent capekino

Man, I just want to hear BY THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH and see cool magic shit

But there have been other Sorcerer Supremes then The Ancient One. The Ancient One's just some kid from Kama-Taj who found some books on magic, studied hard, and ended up getting on the good side of the Vishanti

None that i know of in the comics. And the ancientbone was supreme for nearly a thousand years

I just want my Clea.

I don't think the recasting of the Ancient One will have any impact on the box office but I would have preferred they keep the Ancient One as an old Asian man. It's better to lean into stereotypes and do something interesting with them instead of just avoiding them.

One thing I can be sure of is that because this is a) Feige's pet project and b) the first movie made after Feige fired Marvel publishing from the movies, any box-office under-performance will result in a lot of whispering against Feige. Bleeding Cool is already publishing all kinds of stuff from disgruntled Marvel publishing people who hate him.

Agamotto was the first Sorcerer Supreme.

It was generic garbage and you pretty much outted yourself for being a pleb.

>pleb
We don't use that term around here.

Sequel senpai

It was the first family orientated MCU movie. Everything was about how families try to get along and fail

It was great

Yeah, and there were a number of others. Hiram Shaw was Sorcerer Supreme in the late 1600s, and Salome was the sorceress Supreme back in the 13th century BC. Pretty sure Merlin was Sorcerer Supreme at one point too.

I know that based Giacchino is gonna do the soundtrack, so that's something for me

It's because we know fuck all about the movie so far aside from a very vague outline.

Why is Sup Forums such a faggot?

>It's gonna be Marvel's first flop in the MCU

Just like every other new MCU movie right? You guys really need to get better bait.

Hey now, they are made for Snyder.

Are you really using that defense for a man who has admitted himself costumes prevent him from taking capes seriously?

Yeah we do.

> family orientated
We didn't even spend time with Lang's ex, the cop guy or Cassie, as they were more background characters. Wright's script delved more into this because how Lang is perceieved by his family is a big part of his character.

The conflict between Pym and his daughter is the babby's first screenplay mistake of something being able to be resolved in 2 minutes if they talked to each other earlier.

>It's gonna be Marvel's first flop in the MCU, I know literally noone excited about this movie - worse, even Guardians of the Galaxy fans are worried, and normally MCU was riding on fan hype machine as free marketing, to a big degree.

>It's gonna be Marvel's first flop in the MCU, I know literally noone excited about this movie - worse, even Ant-Man fans are worried, and normally MCU was riding on fan hype machine as free marketing, to a big degree.

You stupid fucking retard.

People are tired of Cabbagepatch so no one will see this movie outside of drones like you.

Nice dubs, but you're wrong m8.

This.
They know too well how to market these movies.

>Wright's script
Wrong langs family were even more sidelined in his script. When will wright fags stop these lies? He was making a shitty movie face it.

Everyone still loves the actor formerly known as benedict cumberbatch

That quip meme is really stupid.

There was a love triangle between Lang, his ex wife and his former friend the police officier, and he stole the suit for his daughter like in comics. You can google this shit yourself, moviefag.

Also the original verison had more Pym and less time wasted on losers like Falcon Or trying to connect with that awful film Age of Ultron.

>Pym
Who was the villain.

Oh no we lost another shitty love triangle. Good

> into darkness was a critical and commerical failure
> tumblr turned on him after saying "colored actors" Istead of "actors of color"
That's two big demographics down the drain.

I wouldn't say Ant-Man's forgettable now. He has the whole ants gimmick thing, which was initially thought of as ridiculous by casuals and kids, but people seem to like the gimmick now due to CW. Thor isn't forgettable as a character, but he has the most forgettable movies and moms only flock to them because of Hemsworth.